Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #91
tlabansky

Trader Rating: (0)
tlabansky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
please dont flame me. im 16 getting my license in month. brother told me to join some forums. im pretty much set in stone with getting a 240sx for my first car. got some questions.
1. what would be cheaper, auto or stick?
2. any info on bonded titles?
3. is it a good idea?
i had a some tobacco charges in middle school did communtiy service got that jazz straightened out would that affect anything? thanks and again havent been on here very long please dont flame flag whatever ya'll do
tlabansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #92
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlabansky View Post
please dont flame me. im 16 getting my license in month. brother told me to join some forums. im pretty much set in stone with getting a 240sx for my first car. got some questions.
1. what would be cheaper, auto or stick?
2. any info on bonded titles?
3. is it a good idea?
i had a some tobacco charges in middle school did communtiy service got that jazz straightened out would that affect anything? thanks and again havent been on here very long please dont flame flag whatever ya'll do
1.Automatic would be slightly cheaper. Why would you buy an auto 240?TF
You would save a TON of money if you hop on your parents insurance (don't get tickets) this will raise their insurance as well.
2. Idk what that is...
3. Tobacco charges ? Lmfao You will be fine.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #93
tlabansky

tlabansky is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
1.Automatic would be slightly cheaper. Why would you buy an auto 240?TF
You would save a TON of money if you hop on your parents insurance (don't get tickets) this will raise their insurance as well.
2. Idk what that is...
3. Tobacco charges ? Lmfao You will be fine.
okay thanks lol. and i know some eople that are selling a 5 speed swap for cheap and im mechanically inclined so is most of my family
tlabansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #94
turtle*

turtle* is an unknown quantity at this point
Insurance question.

OK I know insurance rates are based off driver, area and car. So not much point is saying I pay x amount. But its worth it to compare other cars ur insured with as well.

I just got quotes for my s14 and it makes almost no sense. So they want $550 liability and $850 full coverage $500 deduct.

My 05 g35 sedan full coverage is only $450. My maxima basic liability was $200. Yes the s14 is sportier but its value to replace is a lot cheaper then the g35. Plus chances of a total is a lot higher, that car might be worth $4000 on a good day.

This makes almost no sense to me why the 240sx should be higher with state farm. I don't think they want to insure a 240sx.
turtle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #95
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
It's State Farm. That's the problem
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #96
Jay Gadsby
Leaky Injector

Jay Gadsby is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, shop around. I pay about 500 a year with full coverage and a 0 deductible.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #97
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
They want more for the S14's policy because they assume you're one of those idiots who is eventually going to drift your car into a phone pole, grandma's car, or etc... and they want to get your money before they have to pay the city 15K for a new phone pole, grandma's new car, or whatever else kid's drift their 240's into these days.
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #98
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i pay 60 a month with state farm full coverage. s13 though. I actually pay 60 a month for both of my cars full coverage with state farm. 120 a month seems decent to me.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:28 AM   #99
lil-red-89
Leaky Injector

lil-red-89 is an unknown quantity at this point
State Farm is over priced look at all their commercials that they were putting out someone has to pay for those and good luck getting state farm to fix your vehicle and get you money for medical if you get in an accident with someone else with state farm. Progressive is a great insurance dropped my cost A LOT when I made the switch..call Progressive bet they give you a lot lower rate on the s14 and also are you paying every 6 months every year?
lil-red-89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #100
turtle*

turtle* is an unknown quantity at this point
These are 6 month rates. While I understand this car is more likely stolen and higher crash rates. I doubt many crash into buildings and claim it. It just boggles the mind. State farm is cheap for the g35 hands down. I quoted a couple places and all are still in the ball park. Just doesn't make much sense.
turtle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #101
guitargod240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
guitargod240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
just dropped from 70 to 57 after a year for liability on 240, clean record.
guitargod240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #102
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
20 years old paying 280-6 months for a G3 integra and statefarm is asking for 440 every 6 for an 89 S13. For liability only. WTF man?

What is an insurance company that won't shaft you? Especially on a car that isn't even my DD man....This is straight up theft
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #103
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^^ Its insurance policies, everywhere is the same, if you are under 25 you're not consider an "adult" by insurance companies, therefore they butt rape you with high as rates!!! best and smartest thing to do is to place your car under your Dads name, and drive carefully, not getting into accidents or tickets....
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #104
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKIboy View Post
^^^ Its insurance policies, everywhere is the same, if you are under 25 you're not consider an "adult" by insurance companies, therefore they butt rape you with high as rates!!! best and smartest thing to do is to place your car under your Dads name, and drive carefully, not getting into accidents or tickets....
Surely there must be a more reasonable company out there...I mean damn 440 for 6 months to drive a totally stock 240sx? That thing is slow as fuck! And not to mention I have a totally clean record for the past 4-5 years (my entire driving career).
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #105
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^^^ Sadly all companies are the same, according to them until you hit 25 you are not considered a "responsible driver", and can get into accidents, tickets, etc... Also insurance rates have to do with how many doors your car has, lol its dumb, but if your car is a two door car the rates are also higher, if its a sports car its also higher, etc, you're getting fucked everywhere!!! lol
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #106
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
oh your car is bright red? visual hazard fee.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #107
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUKIboy View Post
^^^ Sadly all companies are the same, according to them until you hit 25 you are not considered a "responsible driver", and can get into accidents, tickets, etc... Also insurance rates have to do with how many doors your car has, lol its dumb, but if your car is a two door car the rates are also higher, if its a sports car its also higher, etc, you're getting fucked everywhere!!! lol
Insurance adjuster here. The bolded is a false statement however the rest is true.

A large part of rates that no one has mentioned is your location. Living near a big city makes your rates higher than living in a more rural area. If you feel you are paying too much for insurance call the company and ask them why your rates are what they are. They should break down the charges. Ask what can be done to reduce the rate. If you are still not satisfied, shop around.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #108
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm switching to State Farm currently from USAA, and switching over my homeowners as well, so that helps..

But I am currently insuring..
-1992 240sx
-2012 Mustang GT
-2012 Nissan Rogue SE
-2000 Mercury Mountaineer

Full coverage on all - $225/month

Pretty sweet

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #109
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS562 View Post
oh your car is bright red? visual hazard fee.
My car is but they never asked. I'm sure they assume it is though.
They just did a very poor job of going about it. They never asked for the vin to see any specifics about it, never asked about the color, never asked about who was driving it thse most, never asked what it was being used for (DD, recreational, show, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Insurance adjuster here. The bolded is a false statement however the rest is true.

A large part of rates that no one has mentioned is your location. Living near a big city makes your rates higher than living in a more rural area. If you feel you are paying too much for insurance call the company and ask them why your rates are what they are. They should break down the charges. Ask what can be done to reduce the rate. If you are still not satisfied, shop around.
I live in the suburbs of a medium sized city. I'm 20 but have a perfect driving record. I don't understand how they can justify charging me 440 every 6 months to insure a 240 that I don't even daily drive. That straight up theft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob2121 View Post
I'm switching to State Farm currently from USAA, and switching over my homeowners as well, so that helps..

But I am currently insuring..
-1992 240sx
-2012 Mustang GT
-2012 Nissan Rogue SE
-2000 Mercury Mountaineer

Full coverage on all - $225/month

Pretty sweet
2 2012 vehicles? You must be ballin. What do you do for a living?

Last edited by 89hatchman; 01-11-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #110
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol dude i was just making a joke about how they'll find stupid things to charge you more.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #111
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
I live in the suburbs of a medium sized city. I'm 20 but have a perfect driving record. I don't understand how they can justify charging me 440 a month to insure a 240 that I don't even daily drive. That straight up theft.
You may want to switch. I pay less than that for full coverage with rental with $100 deductibles. $440 a month is quite high.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #112
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You may want to switch. I pay less than that for full coverage with rental with $100 deductibles. $440 a month is quite high.
whoops my bad. I meant 440 every 6 months. But still. Thats way too much for liability only on a car that isn't even my DD
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #113
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
whoops my bad. I meant 440 every 6 months. But still. Thats way too much for liability only on a car that isn't even my DD
That is on the high side yes. I would think a reasonable rate would be less than half that. Unless you stayed in Michigan.

Plan for cheaper rate
1. Call your provider and ask why so high
2. Compare rates for the same coverage from other's
3. If you find a lower rate with another carrier that is just as good as yours, call to your carrier to advise you will not be renewing, they will ask why, tell them company X has lower premiums. You would like to stay but can't afford it. The company then will try to get you to the retention department where they will try to get you to stay. They will "review" your policy and may result in a lower rate than switching.

Worst case you have to switch and pay less money.

Also word to the wise for all of you with just liability.

I advise against it especially if you have mods. I don't sell insurance I handle claims. If you want my professional opinion PM me.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #114
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

Also word to the wise for all of you with just liability.

I advise against it especially if you have mods. I don't sell insurance I handle claims. If you want my professional opinion PM me.
My coworker got in an accident a while ago and told me that with comprehensive, you can bring your car to a bodyshop right away to get fixed and your insurance company will pay for it right away and go after the other insurance later if it isn't your fault.

With liability, i think you have to wait for insurance to fight it off or pay on your own and wait who knows how long for insurance to fight it out before you get reimbursed.

is this part of the reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #115
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
My coworker got in an accident a while ago and told me that with comprehensive, you can bring your car to a bodyshop right away to get fixed and your insurance company will pay for it right away and go after the other insurance later if it isn't your fault.

With liability, i think you have to wait for insurance to fight it off or pay on your own and wait who knows how long for insurance to fight it out before you get reimbursed.

is this part of the reason?
What he said is partially true. The coverage he is referring to is Collision. Comprehensive is what covers you for things such as weather, animals, vandalism, etc.

Now back to the question, yes if you have an accident and you have collision coverage you can take your car to a shop and have your insurance company pay for it, you would then be subject to whatever deductible you have[Unless you live in Michigan and carry Broadform collision]. Your insurance company will then be in touch the the at fault carrier to recover the money from them. This is call subrogation.

Liability insurance is what covers you from the damages you become liable for. For instance when you hit someone's car. Having only liability coverage means you have no coverage for your vehicle, just in case you damage someone else's property. This means that if someone were to hit your car your insurance would do nothing.

I recommend against that.

I look at having coverage for your car like carrying an umbrella. Imagine the weather forecast did not exist so you never knew when or if it was going to rain. Would you rather keep an umbrella in the car just in case[coverage] or just say screw it and chance that you will never get caught in the rain [liability]?
Old 04-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #116
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What Insurance do you use???

My question is pretty simple. What car insurance do you use that is really cheap??

I am looking for car insurance for my drift missile since I can't afford a trailer/truck.

Really looking for dirt cheap car insurance that understands I wont be driving it 10,000 miles every year.

Thank you guys.

I have Mercury at the moment for my 2004 Subaru WRX that is $75 a month Liability (just got the student discount, and looking to get full coverage now)
badass8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #117
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i'm paying about $500 for 6 months for full-coverage on my 2003 toyota. I got in an accident end of December (my fault), and my renewal for the next 6 months will be in july.

How much should I expect my premium to increase and should I expect it to be high for the next 3 years? Previously, I had maintained a squeaky clean record for almost 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #118
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass8 View Post
My question is pretty simple. What car insurance do you use that is really cheap??

I am looking for car insurance for my drift missile since I can't afford a trailer/truck.

Really looking for dirt cheap car insurance that understands I wont be driving it 10,000 miles every year.

Thank you guys.

I have Mercury at the moment for my 2004 Subaru WRX that is $75 a month Liability (just got the student discount, and looking to get full coverage now)
Dirt cheap insurance and full coverage doesn't equal. How much you pay for polices will vary from company to company based on your record/age etc. and how the company underwrites their polices. In your case I would suggest you talk to a reputable insurance broker in your area. Google to find one. They represent different companies and can price shop. Or you can try progressive's compare rate tool. Just remember insurance is like buying parts the most expensive may not be the best but the cheaper you go the more chance you might get fucked if something happens. (This does not apply to USAA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
i'm paying about $500 for 6 months for full-coverage on my 2003 toyota. I got in an accident end of December (my fault), and my renewal for the next 6 months will be in july.

How much should I expect my premium to increase and should I expect it to be high for the next 3 years? Previously, I had maintained a squeaky clean record for almost 10 years.
No one can tell you that. When a company underwrites a policy quite a few factors go into account. Every company underwrites differently. It is why rates vary. Your insurance company should send you paperwork 30 days or more before your renewal to let you know how much it will be. I say should because every company is different. If they don't then I'd question having them.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #119
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
I have statefarm basic liability with uninsured motorist and roadside assistance (up to 70 miles) and I pay like 23X every 6 months.

So monthy it would range like 38.50 - 43.00 a month. I have a clean record and its for a 1998 saturn SL1.

I could easily get down to low 30's a month by taking off the uninsured motorist and roadside assistance.

Insurance price also matter where you live. Some cities/towns/counties are cost more for insurance than others.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #120
Future240
Future Moderator

NEVER take off your uninsured motorist coverage.