Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
1slowsilvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
1slowsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
98 S14 Kouki fuel leak?

having trouble finding the spot its leaking from.... I was dumb and filled my car up to the point it fucking blasted out my gas cap and proceeded to put my gas cap on ( I fucking hate KA's shit gas mielage so i wanted as my gas as possible reason why I only use SR20s.)

anyways after driving i smell gas im like well thats from over fill.... well i was wrong i look under driver side of car and slow leak is coming from somewhere around the gas tank dunno where..

ive owned nothing but S13's so idk how hard it is to drop the tank in a S14 and just wondering should I take it to a shop and have them do all the work and fix it if so am I looking at forking out 500+$ to fix this?

or should I fix myself. only thing Is i dont have a car lift which sucks right now.
1slowsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Punished
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (9)
Punished is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
check the fuel pump lid. There are multiple lines coming from there and one of those could be your hidden leak spot, or even the o-ring seal itself.

My s13 had a strong gas smell, didn't have any visible leaks but turned out the o-ring seal on the fuel pump lid was shot and wouldn't seal. There were fuel bubbles in the bolt holes as I started to remove them. Fixed that and no more smell.
Punished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
zenki_39
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
zenki_39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my s14 started leaking from the passenger side and i searched around on the internet and supposably its common for s14 to end up cracking from that side so i dropped my gas tank really easy since i did it by myself and when i dropped it there was a crack
zenki_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you overfilled your gas tank to the point where gasoline blasted out - that is so fucking funny

you shouldnt own a 240sx
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
KA's get good gas mileage if they are taken care of. 140,XXX on the clock and I am getting 30 highway..just sayin
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
jame5x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jame5x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I suppose my gas tank had a crack as well because when i fill past the halfway mark, I start smelling gas when I get out of the car.

After a few fill ups, i decided to check on where the smell was coming from. looked at the bottom of the car and see moisture so i figured it was cracked. Found a used s14 gas tank for $40. Took it to the shop and had them put it in for $180
jame5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lude4life13 View Post
KA's get good gas mileage if they are taken care of. 140,XXX on the clock and I am getting 30 highway..just sayin
dohc, not sohc. i was lucky to get 17-18 out of my sohc (city)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote