Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
regnaleb
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
regnaleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need help! sr20det wont spark

Okay its been two days of trying everything i can and i cant find the issue of this matter... so now i turn to the forums

SO, i want to start of by saying this is my first swap with little mechanical knowledge so ill need all the patience i can get.

This is a s13 sr20det swap into s13

I am 100% sure I am getting NO spark on all four coils, im getting fuel and the engine cranks!

Note: Upon finishing the swap i strapped in my battery last, it was a long day and i was not thinking and connected the terminals backwards and blew up my alt fuse (thats all i noticed at first). As soon as i connected it wrong the alt fuse blows up and i immediately disconnect the battery. So it was hooked up wrong for maybe 4 seconds and also note i did NOT try and start the car like that.

I also replaced my ignitor chip because i later found out i had fried that too and replaced my ecu with another 62. I was not sure if i fried my E5 ecu but i decided to replace it anyways just in case! Also replaced the egi relays.

I tried doing the ecu self test but i cant get the damn light to blink anything, I turn the car to the on position, turn the dial clockwise and wait a couple seconds, turn it back counter clockwise and nothing happens. The light even stays on after the keys are out of the ignition (dont know if thats normal or not).

Questions: Possible i could have fried ALL coilpacks at the same time?
Maybe im not doing the ecu self test correctly?

I really appreciate any help you throw at me. thanks ladies and gents!!
regnaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links