Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:51 PM   #1
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
s14 JDM Dimmer Switch/Meter Illumination Issue

Hey guys so I have a problem with my S14 JDM harness conversion and my meter lights no coming on. Gonna lay it out so the facts are clear..

What I know:
- Meter fuses are good
- Bulbs in meter are good
- Auto AC intake connection is where my dimmer switch would be on LHD
- Stalk is functioning continuity wise and working headlights/turns no issue.
- Clock on meter works and illuminates.
- Lights/Alerts work on meter (high beam notification, door open, engine lamp, etc..)

What I dont know:
- Does JDM/EURO use a dimmer switch?
- Why do I not have meter lamps

History:

Full JDM conversion using all JDM harnesses (cabin, engine bay, trunk, doors). I do not have the tail lights hooked up at the moment as well so not sure if that would tie into no light at all.

Any help would be appreciated, I do have the JDM factory FSM's I have been going through but no luck.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Jdm people chime in....
Old 11-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Do the rest of the interior lights come on? I know that the clock illumination pin is how the cluster gets its power to illuminate the other 3 larger bulbs. The clock has a diode and thus doesn't get controlled by the dimmer switch.

I cant find any JDM parts numbers or schematics that show the JDM cars having a dimmer switch. I know the EDM Zenkis had a dimmer switch on the dash near the cluster but the Koukis ditched it altogether in favor of a coin holder.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:09 PM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Do the rest of the interior lights come on? I know that the clock illumination pin is how the cluster gets its power to illuminate the other 3 larger bulbs. The clock has a diode and thus doesn't get controlled by the dimmer switch.

I cant find any JDM parts numbers or schematics that show the JDM cars having a dimmer switch. I know the EDM Zenkis had a dimmer switch on the dash near the cluster but the Koukis ditched it altogether in favor of a coin holder.
Interior lights all work, only thing not connected is the little two wire connection coming out of the jdm ignition cylinder. I had the ignition re keyed to my doors and something there might have gotten crossed cause it?ll blow my dome lamp fuse when that?s connected. I?ve left it unplugged to keep in favor of the dome cause I can?t figured out what that does in the circuit. If it is was for a light around the cylinder then I don?t need it since I have the under dash lights which includes it?s own green illumination ring.

The clock illuminates, and works. The cluster functions work like fuel level, temp I?m not using and the rpm/speed are Dakota digital I just need to set up.

Really confused at this point.