Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
The stock R200 will take that easily. Just get a decent clutch diff like an OS Giken or Cusco RS.
A stock 240sx R200 with or without an aftermarket diff wont take 650+whp easily..

Ive broken 2 with 500whp and less torque than a V10 will put out..

Ive destroyed the pinion on the first one.. like missing teeth etc. and the 2nd was going to break but i caught it before it did.. the teeth on the pinion were showing cracks at the root of the tooth

I have since installed an R230 into my S14 along with bigger axles and hubs
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
A stock 240sx R200 with or without an aftermarket diff wont take 650+whp easily..

Ive broken 2 with 500whp and less torque than a V10 will put out..

Ive destroyed the pinion on the first one.. like missing teeth etc. and the 2nd was going to break but i caught it before it did.. the teeth on the pinion were showing cracks at the root of the tooth

I have since installed an R230 into my S14 along with bigger axles and hubs
A lot of it depends on if you're launching on slicks or something.

An R200 will take 500 rwhp. It probably won't take a huge engine and grabby clutch dumping on slicks. There's a big difference there.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
A lot of it depends on if you're launching on slicks or something.

An R200 will take 500 rwhp. It probably won't take a huge engine and grabby clutch dumping on slicks. There's a big difference there.

Well i beg to differ, I broke the orginal rear end in my S14.. the car had less than 80k miles at the time. and i broke it on the street on street tires (275's) shifting into 3rd gear.. i was beating on it, and i was making around 450whp..

The 2nd one had a few drag passes on it they were 4.36 gears.. and the teeth were cracking at the root..

To the OP i made a thread about installing the R230 into an S14 with good pictures.. there is no kit to aid installation.

I should have just put a Ford 8.8 IRS rear end in it.. thats what i would do if i were you.. Or take your chances with a skyline GTR rear end, there much stronger, only reason i went with an R230 is for the bigger outputs.. the skyline rear end has 30 spline outputs the R230 has 31..
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote