Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Need to know the percentage of people who wouldbuild/or have or plan to have ka24det
I have had a ka24de-t 55 11.43%
I currently have a ka24de and wish there was more support for it. 63 13.10%
I am planning on building a ka24de-t 142 29.52%
I preffer the sr20det. 221 45.95%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Xhenry-

Yeah you can drop in a sr and call it a day, but the bottom line is the motor is illegal, so that is a big factor for me when considering a engine for a street car. The ka doesn't need compression changed, it only suffers from weak ring seats, and most people who run ka-t run a semi shady re-tuned ecu, now if they had a proper stand alone and equal tuning like the sr, there wouldn't be many problems.

Then when you think of cost, you could have a built ka block and head for the cost of a bone stock sr.

I would like to mention that this thread/ poll is not to debate which is better, but to find out the percentage of people who would be interested in aftermarket ka24 parts made by reputable companies from Japan who already are famous for manufacturing parts for the sr20.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
xh3nry
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
xh3nry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Xhenry-

Yeah you can drop in a sr and call it a day, but the bottom line is the motor is illegal, so that is a big factor for me when considering a engine for a street car. The ka doesn't need compression changed, it only suffers from weak ring seats, and most people who run ka-t run a semi shady re-tuned ecu, now if they had a proper stand alone and equal tuning like the sr, there wouldn't be many problems.

Then when you think of cost, you could have a built ka block and head for the cost of a bone stock sr.

I would like to mention that this thread/ poll is not to debate which is better, but to find out the percentage of people who would be interested in aftermarket ka24 parts made by reputable companies from Japan who already are famous for manufacturing parts for the sr20.
Well technically, ka-t is illegal too because it won't be able to pass smog. It would be cool to have the kat parts more readily available and at a more affordable price though. I think people would really enjoy building their own engine themself rather than swapping a motor. Its just the experience is pretty cool, you know. What i'm trying to say is that people would be less intimidated to go with the kat route.
xh3nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xh3nry View Post
Well technically, ka-t is illegal too because it won't be able to pass smog. It would be cool to have the kat parts more readily available and at a more affordable price though. I think people would really enjoy building their own engine themself rather than swapping a motor. Its just the experience is pretty cool, you know. What i'm trying to say is that people would be less intimidated to go with the kat route.
not all places have smog. Especially if your car is OBD 1 or older. So that shit doesn't matter at all. s14 guys might have a problem depending on your area of living.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
mmmS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mmmS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka-T for me. I've ridden in 2 SR'd cars and driven 1. They are really smooth throughout the powerband, but I love the tq of my KA. Parts aren't too expensive and there are so many people that have gone SR that KA blocks go pretty cheap. Also, my KA has 230k miles on it and im making around 300whp. Its not really that fast but it is reliable power, hell I drove it 3k miles on a road trip.
mmmS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have built several engines, and as for 4 baggers go, the 4G63 is a beast! The only engine that comes close to it is the SR2?DET!

SR2?DET v:s KA2?DET
Yeah the KA has that butt dyno feel, but its not reliable, not built to hold boost, Long Stroke, Distributor, Truck Transmission, etc...and it will cost alot to fix these issues. Its also ugly, design and engineering wise! The SR is so much easier to play with and responds well to small bolt ons. Its easier to build a SR close to 400hp than a KA!!

Yes you will need to drop 2-3k on a SR to start, where you will also need to drop 2-3k on building a KAs internals. Its a toss up, and personal preference. Most people will start with KA(s), and quickly learn SRs are easier. Yes the SR is harder (more expensive) to get than KA, but its alot less likely to blow up. Yes you can blow up any engine and buying used engines from Japan is just as much a coin toss as buying an engine from any junk yard.

If your going to push limits, build it past those limits.
My SR is build and capable of supporting 1000hp, however the the supporting parts are set to the HP goal I want.
Start with Mantinance mods before getting into power mods always!!
Its sad how many people blow engines and didn't do a single supporting or mantinance mod.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Crondy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Crondy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would like to mention that this thread/ poll is not to debate which is better, but to find out the percentage of people who would be interested in aftermarket ka24 parts made by reputable companies from Japan who already are famous for manufacturing parts for the sr20. [/QUOTE]

yes
Crondy is offline   Reply With Quote