Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
89_SR20

Trader Rating: (0)
89_SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 EBC reads way to much boost

So I recently installed a Greddy Profec B II boost controller in my car. While trying to set it up I had it set to make factory boost Which is 7Psi. My boost gauge reads 7 pounds at WOT but the boost controller reads a warning of 37. Any help would be appreciated. Its a Redtop with Factory SMIC

Lines run as Follows. (Throttle Body)
Top left FPR Tee'd for the Boost Controller
Top right BOV
Bottom Boost Gauge.
Then line from actuator into COM port, NO line running to fitting on the cold pipe.
89_SR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Double checked the reference line to make sure there's no kink?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89_SR20 View Post
So I recently installed a Greddy Profec B II boost controller in my car. While trying to set it up I had it set to make factory boost Which is 7Psi. My boost gauge reads 7 pounds at WOT but the boost controller reads a warning of 37. Any help would be appreciated. Its a Redtop with Factory SMIC

Lines run as Follows. (Throttle Body)
Top left FPR Tee'd for the Boost Controller
Top right BOV
Bottom Boost Gauge.
Then line from actuator into COM port, NO line running to fitting on the cold pipe.
The only way to get factory boost is to turn the boost controler off. A boost controler can only get the boost UP, not down.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
89_SR20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croustibat View Post
The only way to get factory boost is to turn the boost controler off. A boost controler can only get the boost UP, not down.
Even with the Boost controller turned off it still lets me know what its reading and again way to high. I checked the line and it doesn't seemed kinked anywhere, could it be possible it is to small of a line? Its a 6mm until just after the fire wall then a 4mm hose running to the back of the controller
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
89_SR20

Also I should add making adjustments to the Boost Controller doesn't seem to do anything. I did small tests but even still it doesn't seem to work.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #6
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
download a manual for your boost controller, if you already have a manual, then you have a comprehension problem.

The unit is set to read in kpa, the manual will show you how to change it to psi, but it's in x10 increments so 10psi would be 100.

Back to kpa, 37kpa would be roughly 5.4psi if you have a warning set for that low you won't be able to raise the boost but you should be seeing the actuator boost setting, 7psi so you probably have a boostleak somewhere.

get manual, boostleak test or verify your connections

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Also, run your boost source for the wastegate off of the hotpipe, don't tee off of your FPR or to the throttle body. The wastegate isn't meant to see vacuum.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote