Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #91
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebrah View Post
But at $520 youd have to be retarded.
Tho they do give a good story to tell...
A good story how you just blew $520 on shit.

If you want to buy shitty coils, I'll sell you a set of blown stock struts with eBay Civic springs and collars. They'll probably ride better.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #92
zeebrah
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
zeebrah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yes ....yes that was thw moral of the story
Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #93
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update #nofuckinidea
Almost 3k on them now. I drove down to the keys last week, little less that 4 hour drive. Lots of bridges and fucked up roads. They rode pretty damn well. Never bottomed out or anything and it was reasonably comfortable. Shit my brother fell asleep half way there so that kinda says something lol.
I'm actually starting to really like these. I'm sure most of you think i'm an idiot but these do ride and handle wayy fucking better than i expected.
Whatever you want to think about them i really don't care. All i'm saying is i'm happy with my purchase and i wouldn't hessitate to suggest these to someone with a small budget. If you could find more expensive coils used and rebuild them it would obviously be a better option, but if you're set on new or really can't spend more than $500 then these are for you. I'll also say that when i get the money i will upgrade simply for the peace of mind, but i've yet to really push these so i don't know what they can handle yet
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #94
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Omg I'm totally gonna have to scrap up $45 and buy a set! Thank you for sharing with us that in Florida, you managed to drive on them for 4 hours and not suffer any long term liver damage or kidney failure.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #95
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

I'm trying to do an honest review on these. There's no reason to treat me like some dickweed who just came on here like "zomg raceland owns all!!!11!" I never said they were better than anything else. If they rode like shit i would fucking say they rode like shit, i've got nothing to prove by lying.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #96
Xplat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Xplat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This review brought to you by raceland. Honestly, who would weather the shitstorm in this thread other than a raceland marketer.
Xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #97
Xplat
Zilvia Member

Xplat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
A good story how you just blew $520 on shit.
I'm pretty sure he said he bought a pair for $150.

Does $150 somehow equate $520 in your mind just because both prices share the number five?
Xplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #98
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You should post up some videos of pictures of this after a certain amount of time driving on them. You would've gotten less flaming responses.

Then again you posted this on Zilvia. This thread would've received a lot better responses on CR, they love Racelands and Megan EZstreets over there.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #99
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Rich260z is an unknown quantity at this point
It says in the first paragraph he paid $520 shipped for them
Rich260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #100
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
I'm trying to do an honest review on these. There's no reason to treat me like some dickweed who just came on here like "zomg raceland owns all!!!11!" I never said they were better than anything else. If they rode like shit i would fucking say they rode like shit, i've got nothing to prove by lying.
As stated a thousand times, you have no experience to review coilovers. Thats like me saying "hey, read my review of vacationing in Indonesia... although I've never been there".

Saying they are better then "blown stock shocks" is not saying anything. Thats like me saying "my Geo Metro is faster then a Corvette... with a blown block".

Driving four hours and saying you didn't lose a kidney is meaningless. You also make a statement about Florida's roads... have you anything to compare them against? Have you ever even left the state of Florida? When people bitch about the roads in Florida, they are talking about the drivers, not the asphalt. Come to Chicago, where union corruption insures the roads are never finished being fixed from the annual rapage known as winter. Or go to Michigan, where the state is so poor that thousands of miles of roadway are being left to return to dirt roads.

I'm sure you survived many a 4 hour trip with your "blown" suspension.

Your $550 could have easily got you a set of Koni or KYB shocks/dampers and a set of quality lowering springs.

Then you would have had a setup that would have actually improved the cars original handling capabilities while also being a quality part that can be relied on to last for years to come.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #101
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
For as low as you are - KYB + Eibach

Another car on "tein" lowering springs.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #102
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
damn...... first time we agree

florida roads are like glass.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #103
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

I never said the roads are bad, but I drive through a few areas every day that are pretty ruff cause i work in an industrial area.
Guys, this is my first 240, not my first car, not my first modified suspension either. You're right in saying i can't compare it to other coilovers on the s13 though.
You can show me all the things i could have bought, but i already have these so that doesn't change anything.
I've driven from fl to ny and it all seemd pretty equal to me, but that was mostly highway. My whole family lives in ny and they have smoother roads than here.
I expected to get a lot of flaming on this, so i don't really mind. Im happy with the coilovers so far. Hopefully people reading this can look past all the comments about how bad they are from people who don't even own them.
My offer still stands. If you see me around i'll let you drive the car and you can't tell me what you think and compare them to what you've driven.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #104
immasonlowery

Trader Rating: (-1)
immasonlowery is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Quote:
I never said the roads are bad, but I drive through a few areas every day that are pretty ruff cause i work in an industrial area.
Guys, this is my first 240, not my first car, not my first modified suspension either. You're right in saying i can't compare it to other coilovers on the s13 though.
You can show me all the things i could have bought, but i already have these so that doesn't change anything.
I've driven from fl to ny and it all seemd pretty equal to me, but that was mostly highway. My whole family lives in ny and they have smoother roads than here.
I expected to get a lot of flaming on this, so i don't really mind. Im happy with the coilovers so far. Hopefully people reading this can look past all the comments about how bad they are from people who don't even own them.
My offer still stands. If you see me around i'll let you drive the car and you can't tell me what you think and compare them to what you've driven.
thanks for the review!! unlike the douche bags on here i actually appreciate the effort !!
immasonlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #105
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
You have 2 SE wheels painted blue, does that match those hawt coilovers?
Just get kyb agx. + gf210.
Clicking on this thread is like seeing a link for
"guy shoves his head into woman's vagina!"
You just have to click on it and read everything, no matter how bad it all is.
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #106
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope240sx View Post
Just get kyb agx. + gf210.
I
Already
Have
The
Coilovers
Old 07-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #107
Munki
Zilvia Member

Munki is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the review! Im actually thinking of getting some of these for temperary use on my current project. Once my car is finished ill just slap on some better coils, so im guessing these cheap coils will last me till then!

Ignore all the d-bags, people just wanna hate and always will...
Munki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #108
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munki View Post
Thanks for the review! Im actually thinking of getting some of these for temperary use on my current project. Once my car is finished ill just slap on some better coils, so im guessing these cheap coils will last me till then!

Ignore all the d-bags, people just wanna hate and always will...
Why the fuck waste your money then?

Or is it a ".... one day I may finish my car, assuming I don't wreck it, trade it, loose interest, buy a house, knock a girl up.... then I'll have this crazy baller 240 with like a twin turbo skyline motor and like deep dish wheels....and awesome coilovers"
???

As said 1, 000 times. Springs + premium shocks.

Is it really about just being able to tell your friends "yo bro I got coilovers!" ??

Why the adversion to "doing it right"?
Old 07-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #109
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
As stated a thousand times, you have no experience to review coilovers. Thats like me saying "hey, read my review of vacationing in Indonesia... although I've never been there".
More like reviewing a movie you just saw, but having it be the first and only movie you ever saw.

Anyway, he is actually correct. for you to properly review something, you have to have experience with more than just one or two other options. The only thing this review thread is good for is to tell us whether or not they fail prematurely.

Shit, I wouldn't even trust myself to review coilovers because I have only had one pair (the same pair) since 2009.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #110
Munki
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Why the fuck waste your money then?

Or is it a ".... one day I may finish my car, assuming I don't wreck it, trade it, loose interest, buy a house, knock a girl up.... then I'll have this crazy baller 240 with like a twin turbo skyline motor and like deep dish wheels....and awesome coilovers"
???

As said 1, 000 times. Springs + premium shocks.

Is it really about just being able to tell your friends "yo bro I got coilovers!" ??

Why the adversion to "doing it right"?
Well, maybe i want some cheap coils because my car will be in and out of the body shop. I gotta fit my wheels since im running a ridge kit that I will be making a tad wider and ect... I have no reason to slap on some super expensive coils and risk damaging them.... And I can also sell them and make most of my money back anyways...

I dont understand why you guys are knocking on him because the coils are cheap as fuck. Not everyone can or wants to spend 1000 bucks on some coils when they can spend half that on a cheaper brand. Not everyone is made of money like you.

The OP also stated that he HAS had experience with coils before. Its not that hard to tell how low quality your coils are...
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #111
Bmxer300zx
Zilvia Member

Bmxer300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Idk what part of N.Y you went to but anything by N.Y.C or nassua county L.I are horrible Even parts of Suffolk suck.
My buddy lives in Fort myers we went to the Formula D event in west palm just recently and drove his slammed miata there and let me tell you was like riding on glass the whole way. Even all over west palm where we stayed was nice. I love florida for the fact of the roads and non rotted cars
Far as your "review" goes is more of a outlook on how they work for you. There is alot of crying in here but thats accustom to buying cheap parts. I've seen builds of guys making 10 sec v8 swaps on $400 turbos and last more than a season. Does it make it right? That's the owners opinion.
Bmxer300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #112
Munki
Zilvia Member

There was a local here in texas that had the same thing happen but with stance coils... Ive also had one tien blow on me after only 1 year, and megans go to shit after 5 months.

Things like that happen with any brand. I bet that guy hit a curb or something...
Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #113
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Things like that happen with any brand. I bet that guy hit a curb or something...
No they don't.

That is the result of shit casting. A brand using forged, milled or higher quality castings would not have the top plate bust in half.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #114
Munki
Zilvia Member

Quote:
No they don't.

That is the result of shit casting. A brand using forged, milled or higher quality castings would not have the top plate bust in half.
Failed tiens

Failed JIC

D2 coils

It doesnt matter what brand you buy, cheap or expensive, they all break just as easy... So its pretty pointless to talk shit about someone writing a review on "cheap" coilovers.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #115
Corbic
Post Whore!

And yet none of those had the top hat pop like a potato chip...

Those actually look lije crashes and not "failures" by the way.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #116
Munki
Zilvia Member

Quote:
And yet none of those had the top hat pop like a potato chip...

Those actually look lije crashes and not "failures" by the way.
It doesn’t matter... Im sure the raceland coil posted above was in an accident or jumped a curb or pothole.

Oh and raceland coils have a 2-year warranty. So if they fuck up send them back....
Old 07-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #117
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
It doesn’t matter... Im sure the raceland coil posted above was in an accident or jumped a curb or pothole.

Oh and raceland coils have a 2-year warranty. So if they fuck up send them back....
Oh in that case! Fuck yeah! Now I can roll on garbage coilovers and when they break spend money shipping them back!

In the mean time I can chill in my mommie's basement cause my whip ain't got no socks to roll!

Once again.

Why
Are
You
Apposed
To
Doing
It
Right?

It costs less and works better.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #118
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

The pictures are hearsay, the way to tell how they broke would be to get a very close up picture and see if it was a fatigue issue as a result or regular driving (look for crack propagation).

fyi, if you die in an accident because your suspension broke, the warranty would be useless. Or just get hurt, not really worth the $500.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #119
Munki
Zilvia Member

All im trying to say is its pointless to talk shit to this guy because the coils are super cheap. As I mentioned before, some people can barely afford to spend 500 bucks on coils let alone 1000+.

If you jump a curb or run over shit your coils most likely will break/blow/fail no matter what brand they are or how much they cost you. Its pointless to sit here and nit pick over stuff like because one person broke their shit.

The OP wanted to write his review on these coils and let everyone know how the quality is and whatnot. Let him do that. I can sit here all day and show you guys how named brand coils also fail. And if you guys don’t like cheap shit just move along and let others who want/have to buy this "shit" use this review. No need to lecture everyone over cheap stuff VS name brand shit...

Quote:
Oh in that case! Fuck yeah! Now I can roll on garbage coilovers and when they break spend money shipping them back!

In the mean time I can chill in my mommie's basement cause my whip ain't got no socks to roll!

Once again.

Why
Are
You
Apposed
To
Doing
It
Right?

It costs less and works better.
ಠ_ಠ
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #120
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
this is more like a diary bro,
no review, no hard driving. might as well get some race land coilovers on my moms sante fe and daily drive on them. Than I will write a shit review on my experiences like how I wacked off my brother while he was sleeping....because I can't drive for shit so I wont write a review about the actual purpose of this product, rather a cruise around town.

daily driving review, for coilovers? r-really bruh?
Here's my review: If suspension is that questionable where you have to say its really not that bad to drive AROUND TOWN in, you & your car equally suck massive corn hole.
I read the entire thread, and learned absolutely nothing. I actually got more dumb. See I cant even write correct grammar anymore.
& I dont even like to troll... ok yes I do.
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote