Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:39 PM   #91
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
yeah but this thread actually stays on topic in regards to an "ORGANIZED RACING EVENT" rather then some "chatroom" about drifting a honda fit and other random crap

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #92
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
who wanna race for money? I was talking to my coworkers about it..

pay $50 to race. Initial D style haha
Winner takes all?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:55 PM   #93
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
"Hey wait up. I don't have any money, but I do have the pink slip to my car. If I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect."
Old 01-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #94
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thank god this was moved!!!
andmattsayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #95
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
careful not to post too much in this thread guys

it'll get locked

o noes
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #96
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I think if we involved a cash entry fee and prize it would take some of the fun out of the event and the weekend. people would be stressin about it, instead of haveing the time of thier life on HTM.
We should do something like this during the TOUKE vs. 626DRIFT matchup though.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #97
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
"Hey wait up. I don't have any money, but I do have the pink slip to my car. If I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect."
"RESPECT?!?! HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA"

lol
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #98
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
So are we allowed to camp out at the track???
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 AM   #99
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEightyDl2eamel2 View Post
So are we allowed to camp out at the track???
Yes, but it is extremely extremely cold. Not fun at all.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #100
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FloridaRacing
put me down for HTM, ive never been there and been dying to go

can i mail a cashiers check to someone? i dont have or like paypal.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #101
Suk02Si
Zilvia Addict

Suk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfectionSuk02Si is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaRacing View Post

You can always stop by the 626 Meet on Fri to pay in person
Suk02Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #102
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Quote:

I just Pm'ed you an address to send $$

How many drift events have you been to? I just want to get an idea of what kind of people are coming on HTM.

My friend whom is a noob, went to HTM, crashed and rolled his car. He is still a noob at drifting. Just looking out for you guys!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #103
vinhnumber
Zilvia Junkie

vinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfectionvinhnumber is close to perfection
VRT tv will possibly be on coverage at this event.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #104
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So how much events did some of you guys do before moving on to HTM?

I'm very interested, but my little doubt about my skills seems to be enough for me to avoid HTM until maybe later this year.

I might attend the balcony event though. In my last event with Touke, I broke a tie rod and was practically out the whole day. Missed out on most of the fun with some of you guys . Hhahahahah.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #105
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post

I'm very interested, but my little doubt about my skills seems to be enough for me to avoid HTM until maybe later this year.

I might attend the balcony event though. In my last event with Touke, I broke a tie rod and was practically out the whole day. Missed out on most of the fun with some of you guys . Hhahahahah.
I recommend about 3-4 balcony events before going to HTM.

Come to the balcony event on Feb 9th and March 1st. I will make sure you get good enough to have confident to run HTM.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #106
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
I recommend about 3-4 balcony events before going to HTM.

Come to the balcony event on Feb 9th and March 1st. I will make sure you get good enough to have confident to run HTM.
i've done 4 balcony events and 1 at el toro.

hopefully i will have a trailer before then, haha.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #107
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
Quote:
i've done 4 balcony events and 1 at el toro.

hopefully i will have a trailer before then, haha.
Just do both of them man!!

HTM is sooo much better than balcony Im pretty sure you can handle it

Im thinking of doing both days just for the hell of it

but yea do HTM!!!!
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #108
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEightyDl2eamel2 View Post
Just do both of them man!!

HTM is sooo much better than balcony Im pretty sure you can handle it

Im thinking of doing both days just for the hell of it

but yea do HTM!!!!
haha yea. i'm leaning towards it actually.. i still havent gotten a trailer yet. i dont feel comfortable driving 3 hours from san diego to the track and back after a long track day. hopefully i can though so you can give me a ride-along .

Old 02-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #109
speed_racerx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
speed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speed_racerx
Quote:

you should've asked either me or john. i think we both had an extra set of tie rods.

just ask around. some guy asked john for a tie rod at the 1/19/08 touke event and john gave him one.

YES!!!!!!!! im getting paid this friday, so you should be receiving a payment for htm by the weekend
Old 02-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #110
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racerx View Post
you should've asked either me or john. i think we both had an extra set of tie rods.

just ask around. some guy asked john for a tie rod at the 1/19/08 touke event and john gave him one.

i was at the one in november (i think it was nov.) last year :-P .

Old 02-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #111
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
just do both days...it will be once in a long time experience....you'll wake up go drift then sleep, wake up DRIFT AGAIN!!!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:03 AM   #112
speed_racerx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
speed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to allspeed_racerx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speed_racerx
my mind says "do both days". But, my wallet says, "HTM Only FOOO!!" lol
Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 AM   #113
lanc3slideS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
lanc3slideS14 will become famous soon enoughlanc3slideS14 will become famous soon enoughlanc3slideS14 will become famous soon enoughlanc3slideS14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lanc3slideS14
loooks like fun... can i run? to rep 562 lol

Last edited by lanc3slideS14; 02-02-2008 at 05:16 AM..
lanc3slideS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #114
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanc3slideS14 View Post
loooks like fun... can i run? to rep 562 lol
Of course you can run!!!

So far, no one paid yet. When is everyone gonna start sign up?? PM me for details!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #115
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

FloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to allFloridaRacing is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
I just Pm'ed you an address to send $$

How many drift events have you been to? I just want to get an idea of what kind of people are coming on HTM.

My friend whom is a noob, went to HTM, crashed and rolled his car. He is still a noob at drifting. Just looking out for you guys!
Ive been drifting for about 7 years. Though I had about a 3 year break in drifting prior to my recent 350z. I got 1st place prize at the touke drift comp 2 weeks ago.

http://video.sportcompact.tv/video/3372

This is my $30k daily, and im 27 years old, so I think Im pretty certain about being 'mature' and I am not going to overstep my boundaries, I probably wont even drift any of the danger areas, who knows, I just need something a little more exciting then Balcony now.

Plus I hope to have coilovers by then, which will help me out a lot.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #116
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ive been drifting for about 7 years. Though I had about a 3 year break in drifting prior to my recent 350z. I got 1st place prize at the touke drift comp 2 weeks ago.

http://video.sportcompact.tv/video/3372

This is my $30k daily, and im 27 years old, so I think Im pretty certain about being 'mature' and I am not going to overstep my boundaries, I probably wont even drift any of the danger areas, who knows, I just need something a little more exciting then Balcony now.

Plus I hope to have coilovers by then, which will help me out a lot.
You should just come to both days then on the 1st and 2nd. Balcony is very very fun, and exciting. JD holds comps at balcony and they are very exciting.

We are going to hold a full course competition on the 1st at Balcony, and I'm sure it will be very intense as well. Touke was just pretty much a burnout comp. I thought Vinh won the comp? Two days of drifting will be awesome. And if you don't think balcony is exciting, you should try tandem. Now that is fun.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #117
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl wasabi View Post
You should just come to both days then on the 1st and 2nd. Balcony is very very fun, and exciting. JD holds comps at balcony and they are very exciting.
YES!!! Come to the competition on the 1st!!! Very exciting!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #118
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Man I still gotta get my seat in a buy a helmet. Then I gotta find a trailer too.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #119
FloridaRacing
Zilvia Junkie

dont get me wrong, i think balcony is fun and very safe, though id prefer something different for a change. the only thing ive drifted since ive lived in cali is balcony
Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 AM   #120
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

are there still spots left for the balcony day? i decided not to try htm until i get myself a roll bar or a cage.

it'll be my first event bringing up my car in a trailer. time to go balls out without worries of not getting home