Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #3271
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
perhaps thats one of his favorite scenes in that movie, and he wanted to make a shout out by using it?
yeah, it's probably an easter egg
Old 07-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #3272
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
unpopular opinion, i didnt think it was all that great

it was pretty similar to the other ones, just "darker"

7/10
Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #3273
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
yeah, it's probably an easter egg
whatever that means. lol

in any case, i thought it was a kick ass movie.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #3274
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
saw thursday in 3D IMax, loved every fucking second of it

actually seeing it again tonight, too, but just reg
Old 07-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #3275
slammed13

slammed13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a fan of original transformers cartoons, but I still love this series. Truly one of the greats of today, almost up there along with Pirates and LOTR... but, I hate that they have a new girl. Listen, I'm no Megan Fox fanatic, I just hate it when characters are changed during a series. It is a huge pet-peeve of mine. Fired over a comment. Whatever. On top of that it conflicts with the story... who the fuck doesn't spend the rest of their life with someone who shared the most epic experience to ever happen on planet earth? LOL
slammed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #3276
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed13 View Post
who the fuck doesn't spend the rest of their life with someone who shared the most epic experience to ever happen on planet earth? LOL
Someone who has been almost killed by big ass robots a few too many times just because of who you're dating. Seriously, fuck that. I'd drop a bitch too if that shit kept happening to me.

Sidenote: My date and I cracked up in the theater when his mom pulled out that book on the RV. I've read it. It's called She Comes First. It's an instructional book about being an expert at cunnilingus... Everybody should read that motherfucker... lol
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #3277
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
So is there anything in the end after the credit that id have to stick around for?
Nope. I stayed there till the end of the credits and there was nothing.
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #3278
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Just got done watching it. Pretty good, but i expected more honestly. That model chick is super hot woohoo. Love to jump on that!!!!

The ending was kinda haggard and rushed IMO.

8/10 from my perspective...
jdmspooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #3279
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed13 View Post
I'm a fan of original transformers cartoons, but I still love this series. Truly one of the greats of today, almost up there along with Pirates and LOTR... but, I hate that they have a new girl. Listen, I'm no Megan Fox fanatic, I just hate it when characters are changed during a series. It is a huge pet-peeve of mine. Fired over a comment. Whatever. On top of that it conflicts with the story... who the fuck doesn't spend the rest of their life with someone who shared the most epic experience to ever happen on planet earth? LOL

Maybe you didn't read clearly, but it wasn't just over her inappropriate comment towards bay. her head wasn't in the game. apparently she was always on her blackberry and in her own little world. Basically she wasn't taking shit seriously during the time they were filming. and she was fired by STEVEN SPIELBERG.

Although I can agree that its frustrating sometimes when they replace a main or supporting actors/actress from movies&tv shows, but this wasn't one of them. Its not like they tried to pass her off as the same character, and throughout the movie they mention occasionally that things didn't work out between them.

AND c'mon ! ! Rosie-Huntington Whiteley is fucking gorgeous ! ! head to toe perfection, and that english accent..fuuuuuuuuu. I thought she did a way better job too. and yes i love Megan Fox just as much, she too is a hottie.

Last edited by 4DOOR_LIFE; 07-04-2011 at 05:01 AM..
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #3280
jdmspooge
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
jdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura aboutjdmspooge has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I think as a finale to the sequel, they should have killed off Optimus and gave birth to Hot Rod/rodimus prime with original Nelson Judd voice over. and rebirth of Optimus prime towards the end. what happened to all the decepticons in the movie? they all just got up and blew themselves up? hahaha

I just think there should have been more to it as the final part to the series.
jdmspooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #3281
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i agree with some of the other people, the ending did seem kind of rushed. i expected more of an epic battle with optimus, sentinal, and megatron...it seemed like that battle with the 3 was over way to quick.

BUUUTTTT, i loved the movie, the twists, the girl, the acting...great movie overall!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #3282
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Didnt get 10 minutes into the second one because it was so bad.
Cant believe people would keep wasting their money because of "nastalgia" and a decent first movie. (studio is gonna keep fucking you over with shit sequels, its the new money maker for them.)

Did think this was hilarious though,
YouTube - ‪Transformers 3 scene from The Island‬‏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kcqB3thJM
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #3283
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
WOW!!!!! can they even try to pull that off legally?
dsastr_clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #3284
slammed13

slammed13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
Maybe you didn't read clearly, but it wasn't just over her inappropriate comment towards bay. her head wasn't in the game. apparently she was always on her blackberry and in her own little world. Basically she wasn't taking shit seriously during the time they were filming. and she was fired by STEVEN SPIELBERG.

Although I can agree that its frustrating sometimes when they replace a main or supporting actors/actress from movies&tv shows, but this wasn't one of them. Its not like they tried to pass her off as the same character, and throughout the movie they mention occasionally that things didn't work out between them.

AND c'mon ! ! Rosie-Huntington Whiteley is fucking gorgeous ! ! head to toe perfection, and that english accent..fuuuuuuuuu. I thought she did a way better job too. and yes i love Megan Fox just as much, she too is a hottie.
I knew this, you didn't have to copy/paste from IMDB.
slammed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #3285
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsastr_clan View Post
WOW!!!!! can they even try to pull that off legally?
if bay or spielberg own that scene, its not a problem...if they didnt make it for the island, they could have bought it.

they did it to save money, to remake that scene would have probably cost alot of money. i think its smart, good for them...they probably spent that million that it would have cost (destroying cars, paying stunt drivers, clean up crews, planning the whole crash, ect.) on somehting else and made another scene that much better.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #3286
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
if bay or spielberg own that scene, its not a problem...if they didnt make it for the island, they could have bought it.

they did it to save money, to remake that scene would have probably cost alot of money. i think its smart, good for them...they probably spent that million that it would have cost (destroying cars, paying stunt drivers, clean up crews, planning the whole crash, ect.) on somehting else and made another scene that much better.
Wow, your easy. People like you are the reason they laugh their way to the bank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIBNB0LPpOc

Oh, and by the way, Bay doesnt give a fuck about saving money on stunts and things like that.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #3287
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Wow, your easy. People like you are the reason they laugh their way to the bank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIBNB0LPpOc

Oh, and by the way, Bay doesnt give a fuck about saving money on stunts and things like that.
reuse footage, get more robots, everyone wins!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #3288
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Did Micheal Bay make this movie 100% on his own? I like how everyone says it's all him. I'm sure that decision was his completely. And on top of it, he's making GIGANTIC movies in very short time periods. Big fucking deal if he reused footage.

NOW THE MOVIE TOTALLY BLOWS!

Jesus fucking Christ, who gives a fuck...
Old 07-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #3289
chinabean
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
chinabean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Regardless, The Transformer trilogy so far have been very good imo. recycled/reused scenes is okay as long as it was done right and it was. The only thing that disappoints me was like people mentioned before of how the end and 3 way battle was too quick, and this time around it seemed to display a LOT less military action or power as the previous 2 did but I guess we traded it off for more robots. On top of all that Ironhide didn't do nobody any wrong man WTF!?

better be a T4!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #3290
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Did Micheal Bay make this movie 100% on his own? I like how everyone says it's all him. I'm sure that decision was his completely. And on top of it, he's making GIGANTIC movies in very short time periods. Big fucking deal if he reused footage.

NOW THE MOVIE TOTALLY BLOWS!

Jesus fucking Christ, who gives a fuck...
Yes Micheal Bay did make it 100% on his own.
I work with many guys that were on it.

reusing footage like that is a big deal.
And if they start to get away with it, its gonna get worse really quickly, especially with all the crappy movies out there.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #3291
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
It's not a big deal to the general public, which was the audience this entire series was targeting.

This was my 2nd fave of the three since the 1st set the bar for the rest of em. IMAX 3D really is the best way to experience this one.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #3292
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Newsflash...Movies with reused footage automatically equal crap.

Leonard Nemoy doing Sentinal Prime's voice more then makes up for a couple scenes that were reused ed. Especially since most people would have never noticed if it weren't for the internet.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #3293
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Reusing highly noticeable scenes from your own library of films is extremely lazy. It might not destroy the film but it does cheapen the experience when you notice it, and I generally do. Using b roll and stock footage is fine but what he has done in the examples is more akin to reusing key frames of animation in an unrelated project.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #3294
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't spend enough time on movies/find them memorable enought to notice filmographical shortcuts.

IMO if michael bay, and all filmakers for that matter, want to put less into filming and more into better plots I'll still shell out my $5 a ticket.

With the general public living as richly as they do now there will always be a place for mediocre films... what else are people going to do on the weekends?
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3295
ericcastro
Post Whore!

So you want to see that same scene 7 more times in the middle of a movie, but with a different CG obstacle smashing into the car everytime?

Sounds stupid to me.
Seems like its a real easy way to pull the audience out of the story.

and those clips arent stock footage or from any library that sells footage to crap like tv and documentaries.

more plot, less robots and CG.
at this rate, in another 3 years, not 1 special effect will impress anyone.

And like we always say, if you dont have the budget for it, then maybe you shouldnt be making it.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #3296
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You can only get so much plot from the same crash or aircraft carrier fly by and for a film that will make exponentially more than it cost to make cheaping out is not an excuse.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #3297
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmspooge View Post
they should have killed off Optimus and gave birth to Hot Rod/rodimus prime with original Nelson Judd voice over.
FUCK. NO. Rodimus Prime was lame as fuck. I don't ever wanna see that prick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #3298
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
more plot, less robots and CG.
Ummmm, not sure what thread you think this is Eric, but transformers IS ABOUT robots. As a matter of fact the plot is FAR better then the old cartoons.

I mean seriously, if people want Shawshank Redemption go rent it.

This is a movie about giant fucking robots and explosions. And if anyone thinks that they are completely fucking up the TF franchise and the plot sucks, I DARE (smashes through barricade) you to go back and watch the cartoons. They are nostalgic but not all that god honestly.

We're never getting another high end, star studded animated movie like the original animated movie, and these movies are damn good for what they are.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #3299
lawrenceyang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lawrenceyang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that movie was 1.5 hours too long
lawrenceyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #3300
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Really, you guys are crying about a couple of scenes that were reused? Who the fuck cares, it worked into the movie and it wasnt fucking out of place.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote