Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #6001
hooknbook240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
hooknbook240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB tuning shop in south florida

Anybody know of a good, fair priced, reliable tuning performance shop in south florida that works on RB's. I know of King Motorsports formerly CFT, and I have heard of RAW Racing. Any other ones?

Thanks.
hooknbook240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #6002
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
wow you guys have al these craxy techniques for shit.

I always just put the mounts in the car and have a friend obn the other side, then we lower it and wiggle it into place. Never had to remove or do any of that stuff.
Although I have put the mounts on the brackets loose, and then dropped the motor and lined the mounts up, then dropped the motor.

Oh an engine leveler helps a ton if you dont have one.
i'm just telling him what i did to replace my motor mounts, since i don't own an engine hoist.

Figured dropping the engine back on motor mounts is kinda like the same as dropping in a new one
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #6003
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm new to this forum, and new to the 240 scene, and would like some opinions on a car before i consider buying it. its a s13 hatch, rb25det swapped with matching trans and rear end with approx 22k miles on those parts out of a 97 gts-t. it has a small list of mods i can reply with, just didn't want to make the post too long. it looks incredibly clean. the only thing is it has a gt3576r turbo set up, not on the car so it'd have to be towed home. 8,000 for everything he has for the car, just needs the turbo on and a tune. what's your guys opinions? worthwhile or not? i can post pics as well
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #6004
nothix
Zilvia Member

nothix is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
I'm new to this forum, and new to the 240 scene, and would like some opinions on a car before i consider buying it. its a s13 hatch, rb25det swapped with matching trans and rear end with approx 22k miles on those parts out of a 97 gts-t. it has a small list of mods i can reply with, just didn't want to make the post too long. it looks incredibly clean. the only thing is it has a gt3576r turbo set up, not on the car so it'd have to be towed home. 8,000 for everything he has for the car, just needs the turbo on and a tune. what's your guys opinions? worthwhile or not? i can post pics as well
too much for a non-running s13.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #6005
chiboy002
Post Whore!

ok, kinda stupid question but i seem to have run into a pickle

anybody wanna recommend me a good tire site online that has achilles atr sport?

everyone that seems to have it has shitty reviews... its pathetic
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #6006
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimiBoi View Post
Can aluminum subframe collars be reused? Are they still strong? Because they have been torqued down and driven on. Just wondering, thanks.
Yes, no issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTravis View Post
okay this might sound stupid but im a noob and was just wondering, could i get a turbo out of a car/truck with a turbo diesel motor and put it on a different car, i know there is alot more to it than just a turbo but i would buy the rest of the other stuff that i would need to hook one up, turbos are just so damn expensive new that im looking for an alternative method to getting one
If you want to half ass something, you may as well save money and just do it right the first time. Rigging stuff/making shortcuts/etc always costs more in the end.

So yes, it will work...but by the time you pay to modify everything to make it work it's sometimes cheaper just to do it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
has anybody taken their s14 to a shop to replace their gas tank?
They are plastic -- how will they fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
wayyyyy to much anyone else ????
Lets consider what you are doing, especially before sayig it's 'way to much'. It really grinds my gears when people complain about pricing on a process they can't do. Think of the hours involved if you had to learn to do it yourself? Time = money...and then you risk fucking it up too.

Mike does quality work with the best stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckw View Post
Excuse me while I start a permanent photoshop request thread.
IIRC there used to be one, but I couldn't find it in a search. not a bad idea at all, may as well roll withit

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14tan View Post
Checked for boost leaks, re-gapped plugs, nada..
Check the tune if anything, or even log a run. Hard to say with an AFC really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooknbook240sx View Post
Anybody know of a good, fair priced, reliable tuning performance shop in south florida that works on RB's. I know of King Motorsports formerly CFT, and I have heard of RAW Racing. Any other ones?
Why not check Tampa forums?

Quote:
Figure a clean hatch goes for what, 1500-2500 dollars, RB another 2500-3000 to swap and make work...unsure where the other 2000-3000 comes in a 35r kit....sorta priced a big high.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #6007
nothix
Zilvia Member

Anyone know what to use for License plate bulbs on a car with a bodykit?

I have a supermade type read bumper on my s13 hatch and the original lights are too big to fit.

The bumper is uncut for license plate lights, so I'd have to cut it to install something.

I was thinking about using a ebay LED light bar but mounting it up in the bumper and cutting out a slot for light.
12 LED BOLT-ON LICENSE PLATE LIGHT LAMP BULB UNIVERSAL | eBay

Has anyone done something similiar?

these look nice
White License Plate Utitity LED light Truck trailer RV | eBay
Old 05-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #6008
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Why not check Tampa forums?
That's (south)west FL. Miami is South Florida.
Quote:
It's not worth it in parts as stated above. If it was tuned and pulling great numbers maybe the premium would be worth the premium. Defenatly not worth anywhere near that in parts. Does it come with the turbo or not?

Since it's not together you can't start it up and verify his claims. You could get into it and have to spend a lot more fixing other problems. I would view it as a project car or parts car and only pay what it's worth as such. By the math above it would only be worth around $4k used. You Still have to account for all the labor bolting those parts (back) on. Then the cost of tuning a custom setup. Then some buffer for incidentals. Sure he'll balk at the offer but, if he wants $8k he can put it back together and get it tuned.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #6009
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothix View Post
Anyone know what to use for License plate bulbs on a car with a bodykit?

I have a supermade type read bumper on my s13 hatch and the original lights are too big to fit.

The bumper is uncut for license plate lights, so I'd have to cut it to install something.

I was thinking about using a ebay LED light bar but mounting it up in the bumper and cutting out a slot for light.
12 LED BOLT-ON LICENSE PLATE LIGHT LAMP BULB UNIVERSAL | eBay

Has anyone done something similiar?

these look nice
White License Plate Utitity LED light Truck trailer RV | eBay
why don't you wanna have someone cut it? stock lighting is fine, and you can always put a festoon style LED bulb in.

Rear bumper falls off, there goes that little light
Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #6010
ignited
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
ignited is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
if your considering that for $8K than you need to check this out.
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/383114...mplete-7k.html
ignited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #6011
ignited
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
ok, kinda stupid question but i seem to have run into a pickle

anybody wanna recommend me a good tire site online that has achilles atr sport?

everyone that seems to have it has shitty reviews... its pathetic
CITY TIRE ONLINE

they sell quite a bit on zilvia
Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #6012
ignited
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14tan View Post
Checked for boost leaks, re-gapped plugs, nada..
has it been retuned with all of those parts installed together? only reason I am asking is because it wasnt written that you did or didnt. peace.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #6013
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is F: 215/35 and R: 245/40 a retarded stagger?

Current wheel size/offset:
F: 18x8.5 +0
R: 18x9.5 +35

Only the rears are on as I have 225/40 on the front wheels right now and it rubs like shit and I don't want to hammer the wheel wells. I will be adding spacers on the rear wheels as well but have not decided on what size yet as that will be dependent on whether I stick with the 245s or step down to the 225s
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #6014
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anybody happen to know the size of the coolant hose behind a redtop Sr20 in an S13? Also does the engine need to be taken out to change it?
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #6015
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could i splice in an aftermarket water temp sensor to the OEM wiring, and use both?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #6016
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
Could i splice in an aftermarket water temp sensor to the OEM wiring, and use both?
i wouldn't recommend this. You would be better of buying the greddy/titek/ebay (all the same pretty much) water hose adapter for the upper hose and just using that. Or, if you have an SR, get the stance water neck adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Is F: 215/35 and R: 245/40 a retarded stagger?

Current wheel size/offset:
F: 18x8.5 +0
R: 18x9.5 +35

Only the rears are on as I have 225/40 on the front wheels right now and it rubs like shit and I don't want to hammer the wheel wells. I will be adding spacers on the rear wheels as well but have not decided on what size yet as that will be dependent on whether I stick with the 245s or step down to the 225s
Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

massive stagger = massive rake as well as the notification you get when you plug those numbers in (over 3% difference in sidewall height might lead to brake failure, that size is ~6%)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #6017
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
So after editing my e-mail notification to "Do not sen e-mail" i still keep getting damn e-mails every time someone post on a subscribed thread or get a new PM!! I gave up junking all my e-mail as i have over +300 new ones.... :[

Help?
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 AM   #6018
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
i wouldn't recommend this. You would be better of buying the greddy/titek/ebay (all the same pretty much) water hose adapter for the upper hose and just using that. Or, if you have an SR, get the stance water neck adapter
)
I know that would be the correct way, but after this new engine, I don want to touch the cooling system, although there shouldn't be an internal leak this time which left me mind screwed about bleeding on my first engine. Also want to use a swirl pot. I'll have to get over itand get those done eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOME View Post
So after editing my e-mail notification to "Do not sen e-mail" i still keep getting damn e-mails every time someone post on a subscribed thread or get a new PM!! I gave up junking all my e-mail as i have over +300 new ones.... :[

Help?
^lol try Unchecking email notifications in forum options as well, and also unsubscribing to all threads and then come back and post again to re subscribe.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:47 AM   #6019
jing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

massive stagger = massive rake as well as the notification you get when you plug those numbers in (over 3% difference in sidewall height might lead to brake failure, that size is ~6%)
225s it is then I guess, though I'm not too worried about the "potential" for brake failure as my brakes aren't stock anyhow.

18x8.5 +0 on 215/35
18x9.5 +15 on 225/40

Yay or nay? S13.
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #6020
nothix
Zilvia Member

Quote:
why don't you wanna have someone cut it? stock lighting is fine, and you can always put a festoon style LED bulb in.

Rear bumper falls off, there goes that little light
I'm not apposed of cutting it. I was just saying it hasn't been cut yet, so my options are open.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #6021
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
IIRC power seatbelts that stop moving are covered under a life time warranty because of DOT regulations.

Are lap belts also covered? My 240s drive lap belt will not retrack.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #6022
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
225s it is then I guess, though I'm not too worried about the "potential" for brake failure as my brakes aren't stock anyhow.

18x8.5 +0 on 215/35
18x9.5 +15 on 225/40

Yay or nay? S13.
225 you will have problems, im running 215 on a 9.0 +15 and i've got like 3-4mm left with roughly -1.5* camber
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothix View Post
I'm not apposed of cutting it. I was just saying it hasn't been cut yet, so my options are open.
then i suggest making a bracket to hold it to the bumper support and cutting a slot for the oem one. You don't want it to be held to the bumper incase it falls of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
IIRC power seatbelts that stop moving are covered under a life time warranty because of DOT regulations.

Are lap belts also covered? My 240s drive lap belt will not retrack.
all OEM belts are, as far as i was told
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #6023
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Want to drop off my ka to be built for turbo. Live in rancho california. I've heard of CNC. Anything else local that can do a complete build from bottom up localy?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #6024
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
That's (south)west FL. Miami is South Florida.

"no it ain't"

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #6025
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Want to drop off my ka to be built for turbo. Live in rancho california. I've heard of CNC. Anything else local that can do a complete build from bottom up localy?
Ace machine in Riverside. The guy does awesome work
Old 05-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #6026
BoostJunkyJZA80

Trader Rating: (2)
BoostJunkyJZA80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How many posts do you need before you can post threads?
BoostJunkyJZA80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #6027
ShimiBoi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
ShimiBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thanks codyace. Jus put em on.

Next, will 16x8 XXR 002s clear Q45 front brakes?
ShimiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #6028
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Almost every wheel 15" or larger will clear Q45 brakes.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #6029
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunkyJZA80 View Post
How many posts do you need before you can post threads?
http://zilvia.net/f/forum-suggestion...look-here.html
Old 05-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #6030
heavyd06
Leaky Injector

heavyd06 is an unknown quantity at this point
i was wondering if the sr tranny connectors, plugs whatever there called same same as the ones in the ka?? cuz im trying to connect the lower harness and there differen should i just change the plugs on the tranny to match the ones in the lower harness? ive searched but nada.. thx
heavyd06 is offline   Reply With Quote