Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #31
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
Mine does the exact same thing....let me know if you find a fix to this.
I concur!! Looking forward to kill the annoying squeaking monster that live on my clutch pedal.
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 02:12 PM   #32
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
Mine does the exact same thing....let me know if you find a fix to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchaKqulo View Post
I concur!! Looking forward to kill the annoying squeaking monster that live on my clutch pedal.
46534-35F10 it's a clutch pedal bushing

the search feature is a doozy guys

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #33
GforceDriftAdik

GforceDriftAdik is an unknown quantity at this point
ok so i have done a search on it but my question is the clutch is super stiff i mean like itll give ya a popeye calf muscle stiff. replaced the slave and master cylinder (autozone variety) didnt really help im not sure what clutch it is it was in the car when we got it but my question is will the wilwood master cylinfder help make it not to hard to push in? im tired of bending rods on masters and had to replace the whole pedal assembly once please help guys
GforceDriftAdik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #34
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GforceDriftAdik View Post
ok so i have done a search on it but my question is the clutch is super stiff i mean like itll give ya a popeye calf muscle stiff. replaced the slave and master cylinder (autozone variety) didnt really help im not sure what clutch it is it was in the car when we got it but my question is will the wilwood master cylinfder help make it not to hard to push in? im tired of bending rods on masters and had to replace the whole pedal assembly once please help guys
Wow you bent the MC rod? SR? You either have something very wrong with your system or a crazy clutch like an ACT with an extreme pressure plate. That's what I have and its definitely hard to push, but I can't see it bending the rod. Time will tell, as I just had this clutch put in.

If I have any issues with my clutch pedal system I will definitely go with the wilwood set up and weld the shit out of my clutch pedal bracketry while its apart.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #35
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
I love this thread, I was going to buy new oem MC in a couple days. Luckily this came up before I did. I'm now in the process on buying the Wilwood setup for my manual 5spd. conversion.
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #36
djsilver

djsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
What would cause a your clutch to change engagement points? My clutch have a tendency to engage/disengage real low in the morning. When the car gets hot, it starts engaging/disengaging almost to the top and the clutch feels alot more stiffer. I've bled the line enough times, running a steel braided line straight from the mastercylinder to the slave. Brand new master and non leaking nismo slave. I dont think its a leak, it doesnt build up pressure or changes engagement point when I just sit there and pump it.

Any idea? Its not really affecting the car as far as causing any issue but its just annoying me.
Your pedal isn't releasing the master cylinder completely so you're building up pressure in the clutch line. When the pedal comes up and the return spring in the master cylinder returns the piston to rest, it pushes in a little release valve at the end of the piston that equalizes the pressure between the reservoir and the clutch line. I had that problem because the little flip-flop spring on the pedal was weak and wouldn't pick the pedal up completely. I attached an additional little return spring to the pedal and hooked it to something under the dash to pull the pedal up completely. That fixed the problem.
djsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #37
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hello Ultimate Clutch Pedal Thread, can you help?;

PROBLEM: My clutch pedal never returns all the way back up to the 'resting' spot/stopper
i.e. when I step on it to shift gears, it does that fine but it doesn't come all the way back up to the stopper / doesn't sit flush with the brake pedal, it hangs ~.25-.45" lower

I am not too sure, does it have to do with air in the system or something with the spring on the assembly? I always have to 'lift' it back to place with my foot.

T/Y gentlemen.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
tbyrd77

Trader Rating: (1)
tbyrd77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post

PROBLEM: My clutch pedal never returns all the way back up to the 'resting' spot/stopper
i.e. when I step on it to shift gears, it does that fine but it doesn't come all the way back up to the stopper / doesn't sit flush with the brake pedal, it hangs ~.25-.45" lower

I am not too sure, does it have to do with air in the system or something with the spring on the assembly? I always have to 'lift' it back to place with my foot.

T/Y gentlemen.
I'm having the exact same problem right now as well. I have autozone mc ad slave. On the slave it has a 3/4 marking. Eliminated the damper box and have pressure to shift but pedal is not returning to the stopper. If you find a fix to this let me know asap. Gota have this car ready for 2moro. Thanks
tbyrd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #39
thinhthan
Leaky Injector

thinhthan is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 pedal

is there suppose to be a bolt that bolts the top of the pedal to the car? seems like there is suppose to be a bolt right there to hold the pedal down more than just the 2 bolts on the master.. i just did the 5 speed on mines and when i press down the pedal the pedal moves to the right a little
thinhthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #40
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Quick question, I know the nut on the CMC adjusts pedal height, does spinning the rod adjust the clutch release position? Also is their a CMC brace like they have for the BMC, my cmc really puts strain on my firewall when i push down on the pedal.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #41
cjmirabal1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cjmirabal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
awsome! im doing this soon as i just purchased the ss line
cjmirabal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #42
cjmirabal1
Zilvia Member

cjmirabal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Well this looks like a neet little 'upgrade' that will cost roughly the same as OE Nissan...not a bad trade off!

Summit:
Wilwood MC (WIL-260-1304) 49.94
Master Cylinder to -3 Fitting (WIL-220-3406) 3.95
Slave Cylinder to -3 Fitting (-3 to M10x1.00 fitting) 11.39
40" Hose with a 90* Fitting (estimate length, FRA-322040) 23.95
S+H 10
Total: 99.73

and then:
Rigid Racing MC Adapter Bracket ([email protected]): 23 shipped

So 122.73 Total for the upgrade (110 if you find a 10% summitt coupon)

Or
95 bucks for S13 from mynismo.com (30610-70F50) (Figure 105-110 shipped total)
or
84.68 for S14 from my nismo.com (30610-70F90) (Figure 95 to 100 shipped total)

So in the end you're going to spend 23 (13 if using Summitt Coupon) dollars extra for an upgraded system, with all new goodies, and no issues.

Sounds like a win for those who are looking to replace Clutch Master Cylinders!

the ss line i mentioned above is this one... DIF 10041 Auto to Manual Stainless Steel Clutch Line Conversion

will this work with the wilwood master or i would still need the fittings? and both of em?
cjmirabal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #43
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post

T/Y gentlemen.
I'm having this problem too...any help?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #44
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
I'd certainly rebleed it at this point.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I'd certainly rebleed it at this point.
Yea, I'll run through it again, I've manually bled it and suction bled it twice within the past week. Before, and after I removed the damper box and installed stainless line to the slave.

The stroke of the actual clutch feels short too. Its an Exedy Stage 2 3-puck clutch, with brand new OEM Nissan TOB.

Is there anything in the pedal assembly itself that can fail or need to be replaced. The problem feels more mechanical related than hydraulic. Could the pressure plate itself fail?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #46
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^it's the spring. I just built my stuff and swapped out a exedy stage1 for a stage2 3-puck. The pedal wouldn't come up before and that still is the deal now. I swapped the clutch pedal it self and it springs back up now.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #47
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
^it's the spring. I just built my stuff and swapped out a exedy stage1 for a stage2 3-puck. The pedal wouldn't come up before and that still is the deal now. I swapped the clutch pedal it self and it springs back up now.
Ok, yea, I actually had a similar issue with the Exedy stage1 I had in there before too. But shouldnt the pressure plate be strong enough to push it back?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #48
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dunno, I thought maybe it had to do with the TOB but I'm using the Exedy one this time and same thing. After swapping the pedal it goes all the way up. I could be tripping though.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
codyace
Post Whore!

The pressure plate doesn't push the throw out bearing back 100% persay, so there should never be constant tension on that release fork either (as in, you should be able to wiggle the TOB back and forth a little). What will happen is that upon release, it does push it back a little, and from operation it will bounce back and push itself back a little.

Springs can make a difference too, but obviously less common.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #50
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Ok....hmmm....well, maybe my clutch is ok, and it's just a pedal issue. If that's it, then Im fine lol. I just dont want to keep banging away on this car if the clutch isn't properly setup, I really dont want to have to replace a clutch right now. Because the hydraulic system operates smoothly, and I can wiggle the TOB and pivot fork a little bit after pushing the slave in manually, and taking pressure off of it.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #51
dawnattack
Zilvia Member

dawnattack is an unknown quantity at this point
this whole clutch prob is a sucker!!!
it had cost me time and money..
dawnattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #52
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As mentioned by someone above, I too have a walking clutch pedal. In the morning it engages low then once the car is driven for a while it will be way too high.

I'll go ahead and change the fluid out but I wanted to know if using an S13 clutch pedal and not an S14 unit could be the cause here? I'm trying to figure out if the swing of the pedal isnt spot on or something like that.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #53
codyace
Post Whore!

I'd look into poor fluid, or even something slightly seeping, sucking air into the system.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #54
jamrome918
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
jamrome918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have a question I just recently installed a new clutch system stage 2 lighter fly wheel pressure plates. I did everything correctly . I noticed when I started to fk with my adjustment I get this fkin annoying sound it's like a winding sound "waaghhhheeeeeeewaghhhaghh grrr" something like that. Should I screw the pushrod away from me or towards me? Any help would be appreciated thanks!
jamrome918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #55
In The Works
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
In The Works is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
OK done a bunch of searching and can't find it. I need to know what size the fitting is that goes into the Clutch Master Cylinder to connect the soft conversion line. The used one I got doesn't have the male/male fitting on it and I need to go get one. Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help everyone. It was tough wading through all the instant responses...Whew

-3an x 10mil 1.0 straight through whoever you call your looking for a AN to Metric adapter if they say they have them then you can give them the size. Those located in the Long Beach Ca area I was able to find mine at Deering Industries

Last edited by In The Works; 01-11-2013 at 06:43 AM..
In The Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #56
Conrad 2NR
Zilvia Member

Conrad 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
My clutch pedal was engaging relatively high before I had changed out my clutch setup and flywheel.

Now that I've changed them out it's still engaging high up, almost close to release. I've tried adjusting the rod from the master so that it'll engage lower down but all that has done is allow for what feels like more free-play.

Any suggestions?

I plan to re-bleed the system again using the process as outlined in the first post i.e. backing the rod as far out as possible and backing the clutch switch all the way out THEN start the bleeding process and adjust after to suit.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #57
Chad4061
Zilvia Member

Chad4061 is an unknown quantity at this point
instead of starting a new post i figured i would ask on here. I did a 5spd swap on my s14 and my clutch pedal sits about a 1/2 inch lower to the floor than the brake pedal. I used my auto brake pedal and I remember that I adjusted the MC rod almost all the way out so i was thinking maybe put some spacers on the clutch bracket before the firewall to maybe even the pedals out...anyone else have this problem when they did a 5spd swap?
Chad4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #58
Conrad 2NR
Zilvia Member

Conrad 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad4061 View Post
instead of starting a new post i figured i would ask on here. I did a 5spd swap on my s14 and my clutch pedal sits about a 1/2 inch lower to the floor than the brake pedal. I used my auto brake pedal and I remember that I adjusted the MC rod almost all the way out so i was thinking maybe put some spacers on the clutch bracket before the firewall to maybe even the pedals out...anyone else have this problem when they did a 5spd swap?
S13 Clutch pedal
Old 05-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #59
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Corect me if I'm wrong.
If I'm converting from an Auto and I still have to drill holes in the firewall
then I don't need that Willwood adaptor - right?
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #60
Chad4061
Zilvia Member

Chad4061 is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought the pedal new from nissan so it should be for a s14. im gonna try and see if i can put a few washers or something on the bracket to see if that helps.
Chad4061 is offline   Reply With Quote