Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I hate fall.

I make this pile.

two minutes later i have this

This tree still has most of its leaves, and it won't drop them until the leaf pickup ends, so i will have to bag them.

most other trees in the neighborhood are already all down

Doesn't help that with the position of my house, the leaves and trash from the whole neighborhood blow into my lawn...and stay there. If the wind blows, it just swirls around in one spot due to the shape of my yard.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
we had a problem like that too
we had tree cut down
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Beat the tree with broom sticks.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
I know where you live.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
lucky7
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wahhhh. my yard is 5643215x's the size of yours. get a backpack blower and a pair of radio headphones.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
chibo
Zilvia FREAK!

chibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfectionchibo is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to chibo
This is fall here:

1989 S13 | 1996 S14 | 2001 E46 | 2009 ZX6R
chibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
wahhhh. my yard is 5643215x's the size of yours. get a backpack blower and a pair of radio headphones.
Do you have a cantankerous 90 year old woman who likes to threaten to sell the house you live in if there is more than 8 leaves on the lawn?

If not, do you want one, because i'm looking to unload.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Nice vocab word.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Beats shoveling snow! At least you can cut the damn tree down.

But seriously, temperature wise fall here in socal (if you can even call it that) is my fav season. Perfect 50-60f. Not too hot, not too cold. Not as much sun, and no allergies from spring. It's the perfect season imo. Fall barely started in socal, and usually it doesn't last. We just don't get the fabulous scenery that the east coast gets.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Do you have a cantankerous 90 year old woman who likes to threaten to sell the house you live in if there is more than 8 leaves on the lawn?

If not, do you want one, because i'm looking to unload.
i'm assuming homeowners association?

if not, tell her to suck a dick

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
This is fall here:

The bike moves!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
no, i dont. but i have some of the most anal parents ever to exist to man. i had to move everything i own, into my room this morning. because my "shit is in the way, and all over". that couldnt be further from the truth, but fuck it. the shits in my room, and the door is shut. leave me alone plz.

i dream of the day i finish school, get a real job, and find a place of my own to live. some day..
Old 11-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #13
driven_
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
driven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to beholddriven_ is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
D'oh!!!

i just sit around waiting until the trees in the backyard are clear.
then i rake em.

there's this huge ass pile under where my dad's van was. until he moved it today.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
murda-c
Post Whore!

The problem is if i wait to long, then the leaves on the lawn get really thick, and the ones one the bottom are always wet.

plus my leaf blower is shitty and i have a bad wrist so i can't rake very effectively.

I'm just glad we cut down the 11 pine trees that used to be towering over the house, if there was needles mixed in i'd probably end up paying someone to do it. Not to mention how dark and gloomy those trees made the place.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
Shaminii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Shaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really niceShaminii is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Shaminii
We have Mexicans do our yard work in our neighborhood.

Other than that, fall makes me feel lonely.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
The problem is if i wait to long, then the leaves on the lawn get really thick, and the ones one the bottom are always wet.

plus my leaf blower is shitty and i have a bad wrist so i can't rake very effectively.

I'm just glad we cut down the 11 pine trees that used to be towering over the house, if there was needles mixed in i'd probably end up paying someone to do it. Not to mention how dark and gloomy those trees made the place.
Look, those leaves are all about to fall...
Climb the tree with the blower, have a roommate videotape the proceedings, post on youtube, then zilvia.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Look, those leaves are all about to fall...
Climb the tree with the blower, have a roommate videotape the proceedings, post on youtube, then zilvia.
Better yet, duct tape a can of AXE body spray to the intake of said leaf blower and have it spray while blowing air from the leaf blower. Attach lighter to front of leaf blower.

I mean it's commonsense. If Rock > Scissor obviously Home Made Flamethrower > Leaves.

Oh yeah, youtube it please. kthx
Old 11-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #18
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
fuck raking/leaf blowers. i use my leaf blower to dry my car after i wash it. to pick up leaves i put the bagger on the mower. in the back yard, i don't use the bagger, i just grind them up and call it fertilizer. and when i empty the bag, i burn the shit.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #19
murda-c
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
fuck raking/leaf blowers. i use my leaf blower to dry my car after i wash it. to pick up leaves i put the bagger on the mower. in the back yard, i don't use the bagger, i just grind them up and call it fertilizer. and when i empty the bag, i burn the shit.
My el cheapo father decided not to get a mower with a bag, and now i can't find the bag attachment for our mower because it's such an old mower.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #20
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would just mow over the leaves and call it done. Lawn care is to time consuming.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I make this pile.

two minutes later i have this

This tree still has most of its leaves, and it won't drop them until the leaf pickup ends, so i will have to bag them.

most other trees in the neighborhood are already all down

Doesn't help that with the position of my house, the leaves and trash from the whole neighborhood blow into my lawn...and stay there. If the wind blows, it just swirls around in one spot due to the shape of my yard.
Why arent these pictures in my new thread?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
pile up the leaves...

find a friend....

power bomb friend...
WERDdabuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #23
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Up yours... I only wish It looked like that around here. I heart Fall & Winter.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #24
Anomas23
Leaky Injector

Anomas23 is an unknown quantity at this point
just throw glue all over the leafs while there on the tree and they will never fall down again!!
Anomas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #25
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomas23 View Post
just throw glue all over the leafs while there on the tree and they will never fall down again!!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #26
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post

i dream of the day i finish school, get a real job, and find a place of my own to live. some day..
You could get a place of your own, with a friend or two and finish school from there. Its do-able, really. You'd end up missing the leaves though, rent sucks.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #27
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I have the same problem. The only thing I like about fall is that the colors make for great photos. Thats it.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #28
andmattsayd
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
andmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymoreandmattsayd is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
being cold.
fail.
summmer
ftw.
andmattsayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #29
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
in maryland, the trees drop leaves on the lawns

in washington, the trees fall on the cars and houses and power lines

everyone in my parents' neighborhood has a generator for the 3 or 4 times the power goes out for day to a week every fall/winter.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #30
justaKAiswear
Zilvia Member

justaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enough
Just makes me love the FLA that much more
justaKAiswear is offline   Reply With Quote