Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #91
Snatch'D Factory
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Snatch'D Factory is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very nice build up!
Snatch'D Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #92
Lockiess15
Zilvia Member

Lockiess15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't see correctly but how much torque is this making off that dyno sheet?
Lockiess15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #93
blackdragon328
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
blackdragon328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thanks guys!

right now im driving it with 453whp and 301tq to break it in and get used to it a little.

I also just found a second AEM 320 fuel pump so I will be doing my dual pump setup as soon as that comes in.

I've ordered a new carpet in midnight blue so that will be installed as soon as it comes in. then I can permanently put in the roll cage.

I've also started to set up a system in it (I know some of you will not appreciate this as much but this isnt a track car, its my weekend/show car so yes, its getting a good setup. I'm not gonna go too crazy on it but i'd like good sound).
the Kenwood head unit has been installed (navigation/dvd/etc)
as well as kenwood front speakers and sony rear (might change those rears out again...quality is not up to par).
I'm running all 4 speakers off of an earthquake speaker amplifier.
aaand I took out all the stock wiring and have replaced it all with JL audio wires (this was a massive pain in the ass to do btw)
heres a few new picsI have sitting around.

installing the aerocatches (scary as fk to cut into my carbon hood)

heres them installed

coil of RCA wires, ready to be wired in

the first of the 2 aem pumps for the dual pump setup

aaaand because I know this was mildly boring compared to some of my other pics here's a few pics of the miata i'm currently building for time attack and endurance

starting the v-mount

we'll be raising the wing just a little more than it is now to let it catch the air coming off the hardtop but this was the mockup
blackdragon328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #94
Lockiess15
Zilvia Member

So your current tune is only an under powered tune for practice reasons? Not actually something that's tuned to it's full potential with what modifications you have?
Old 11-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #95
blackdragon328
Zilvia Junkie

thats one of the reasons yes... theres a few reasons why we havn't done a full tune yet. the biggest being that I want to break in the motor slowly, so I'm going to do about 800-1000 miles on it so all the parts properly break in to each other.

the second is that I wanted to be able to drive it for a while to work any possible bugs out of the system before trying to push as much power as possible. which was smart cuz we found a few small things here and there.

third, yes, I wanted to get used to the car.... VVL is pretty violent and i've never dealt with it before, I get barely a second and a half (literally) between 6k and 9k and the full 460whp at the same time...its very different from a smooth 300whp power curb on a gt28 or gt30 so I'm happy to play with it for a while and really get used to keeping it in the power curb before going to more power. I'm not in a hurry honestly... I'd rather take things slow and not make a mistake

and 4th... also a big reason, James needed to move the car out of his shop for a while....we still need to install a few things and of course retune to really make the final tune work well and he'd been working exclusively on this car for about 2 months and I'm not really paying him much other than for parts...hes mostly doing it as a friend so he was hinting at the fact that he was going to make a good 400-450whp tune and leave it at that for a bit so he could go make money...n I dont blame him.

I'm happy to have my car back for now (my DD has been a mix of my harley and a honda insight...the harley is fun but its not a car and the insight is well, kinda boring) 450whp is fun, ive also been working on the s14 nonstop since its been home and im going to send it to paint soon. Once all the interior/exterior cosmetic is out of the way ill send it back over to James and we'll finish the motor and tune. That'll probably be march or april I think.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #96
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i need to pay more attention

Last edited by inopsey; 11-27-2013 at 03:36 PM..
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #97
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why are you running Vband couplers only in the engine bay, and t bolt couplers underneath? And why such a small hot pipe coming off the compressor housing to the intercooler? Looks like 2".
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #98
Lockiess15
Zilvia Member

Ah I see. Well now that you've explained it to me it makes much more sense. I was just curious as it seemed to me that it was under torqued. But that explains why
Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #99
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Why are you running Vband couplers only in the engine bay, and t bolt couplers underneath? And why such a small hot pipe coming off the compressor housing to the intercooler? Looks like 2".
The small pipe off the compressor housing goes through the factory intercooler pipe hole then expands. I did the same thing with my S14.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #100
blackdragon328
Zilvia Junkie

the V-band couplers were more of an esthetic touch than anything else...it isnt really needed. I could do a v-band setup on the rest of em... sounds kinda cool actually, thanx for the idea.

as for the big to smaller hot/cold pipe yellow4g63 just explained it properly, it runs down to the stock hole on the intercooler and thus I have to go from a bigger pipe to a smaller pipe, it puts a little more strain on the system but I dont know an intercooler that runs 3.5in holes.