Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Poirier4

Trader Rating: (0)
Poirier4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Evo Drift Car Build

Hey guys welcome to my new build. something different on here, this is my third evo, it's an evo 1 gsr which will be stripped down and built into a true drift car, planning in competing in dmcc pro-am to start with

my other cars
my daily driver/winter beater 1995 Lancer Evolution 3

my summer 1993 Lancer Evolution 1 converted rwd

anyways.............

the car was in an accident and the front end will need to be redone

first time seeing the car on pictures

when i first went to see it after trading my wrx for the evo 3 and the evo 1 gsr smashed

after sitting there since like january i went to pick it up finally

the 3 evos or Threevo lol :P

some damage and missing door that the guy had sold,... damn lol

shock tower bent and frame rail too...

well my friend gave me his colt after we blew the engine, the colt is the parts car to fix some bo-bos

front end of the colt undamaged

ok back to rwd evo build

gay chrysler logo on fender in place of indicators, now these will be replaced with indicators that i have poped them out for now

door bolted on, fender just put on not bolted

hood on but only so it doesnt rain into the engine, anyways i got something planned for the hood you guys will see duh

well thats it for now but my plan which why I'm posting it on here, is something like this

buy s13 with sr20det front clip, ad powerplan, subframe, front brakes etc i'll probably holset turbo that thing up 300-400hp aiming

the reasons i'm going with sr20 and not 4g63
well for starters this is a budget evo drift build car so it would be way to costly fitting and finding the transmission and mating, water pump etc when i can just put in an engine that is made to be like that and reliable easy to mod and will make the power goals i want, maybe i'll eventually go back to 4g63 but if i do want to challenge the big boys in the states one day i'm thinking mitsubishi v6 twin turbo or 300zx engine mated to a hollander transmission with or a jerico 4speed with dogbox but thats just a dream right now and a realisation once i get more sponcers and money lol but for now sr20det is the weapon of choice for now

for rear evo 5-6 rear subframe, with dual welding 300zx dual callipers with s13 rear diff and axles or stock evo 5-9 rear diff though dont know if it would be able to handle the power im aiming for, though power is not more important than handling

roll-cage nothing planned yet

as for body will probably do something custom wide-body dunno yet we'll see

hopefully once done should look something like this lol looking to competing in the pro-am drifting as a rookie and building my way to pro and then formula d, but need to build car first then practice then get good hopefully then win and then move on up

my imagination of what it could look like once done

for those who are like an s13 front subframe wont fit,... SILVIA SUBFRAME lol exactly what i'm going to do, i actually found this video after deciding to use that subframe which is funny but awesome lol
Team Orange D1 CT9A Build - YouTube

anyways lemme know what you think and support and if anybody got some tips and stuff lemme know and I will be making a video series vlog style build on the car for sure

i'm also new to the forum so hi everybody

shawn
Poirier4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links