Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
55Nick15

Trader Rating: (0)
55Nick15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ka24de pre turbo mods

So the plan is to turbo my ka24de which is stock right now. just got the car from paint and am ready to start buying parts. plan is to start with building bottom end then turbo.

Ive basically got what I need in a list for the turbo, but my question is..

Is there mods that I can do before pulling the motor and tearing everything down for the turbo that will benefit me in the long run?

my first purchase will more than likely be oil pressure gauge and mount all that up. and might as well get gauges needed for the turbo and install, just not hook up ya know?

not looking for a lot of down time, things I can put on in a day and still be driveable.

thanks
55Nick15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Wideband
Oil Pressure
Boost gauge
Oil pan with return bung welded in
Exhaust
Diff
Fuel pump
Old 05-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #3
55Nick15

already have lsd in car. Was thinking of putting wideband on steering column. boost and oil on a pillar. thinking custom exhaust (not sure if cheaper than just buying something) and can I put the bung in and seal it off until turbod?
Old 05-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
smink
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Yeah you can cap off the bung until your ready to turbo it.

Upgraded radiator. Koyo or mishimoto will do the job. I run a stock clutch fan with a mishimoto radiator and it does just fine. You could do electric fans if you want just get a good quality fan controller.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Nick15 View Post
already have lsd in car. Was thinking of putting wideband on steering column. boost and oil on a pillar. thinking custom exhaust (not sure if cheaper than just buying something) and can I put the bung in and seal it off until turbod?
gauge location is preference. I prefer that nobody else can look into the car and see any gauges, so I hide them.

The stock 240sx exhaust for the ka24de will support 250~ rwhp and is identical to the one found on the S14/S15 Silvia with sr20det.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:20 AM   #6
55Nick15

Wanting to push 400 at the wheels so new exhaust will be necessary. Any reason you hide gauges?