Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Godzilla 700 - Hennessey Nissan GT-R Upgrade

12-16-2008 03:09 PM

hennessey nissan gt-r 700 upgrade

Hennessey Performance has just come out with the Godzilla 700 Nissan GT-R Upgrade tuning package just in time for Christmas 2008. If you are one of the lucky few to have a Nissan GT-R, you might want to re-adjust your Xmas list to include this moderately priced tuning upgrade package!

Hennessey Godzilla 700 Price:

Mail Order: $18,500 USD

Installed: $24,500 USD

Tuned Power Output:

700hp @ 6400 rpm

630lb-ft @ 5200 rpm

Hennessey Nissan GT-R

Hennessey Performance Godzilla 700 Upgrades:

Upgraded Sport Turbos

Upgraded Intercoolers

Polished Aluminum Intercooler Pipes

Air Induction System Upgrade

Electronic Boost Controller

Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes

Stainless Steel Mid-Pipe Exhaust Upgrade

Stainless Steel Rear Section Exhaust Upgrade

Wastegate Actuator Upgrade

Blow-Off Valve Upgrade

Related Hennessey Performance Posts

Godzilla 600 - Hennessey Nissan GT-R Upgrade

Hennessey Venom 700 NM Neiman Marcus Edition

Hennessey Dodge Challenger

Nissan GT-R R35 Photos - Tuned by Garage Defend

Related Nissan GT-R Performance Posts

Powerhouse Amuse Nissan R35 GT-R (Photos + Video)

600hp Nissan GT-R - Amuse Tuned

Modified GTR R35 - Top Secret Aero Kit Photos

HKS Nissan GT-R - R35 GT570 Racing Tune Kit

Nissan R35 GTR Modified by Wald International

Nissan GT-R Nismo Parts + Tuners

Powerhouse Amuse Nissan R35 GT-R (Photos + Video)

Nissan GT-R R35 Photos - Tuned by Garage Defend

Arios Black Nissan GT-R R35 Carbon Fiber Bodykit

2008 Nissan GT-R - Godzilla Awakes On Steroids

[Source: HennesseyPerformance.com]

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
the turbo's are integrated into the exhaust manifolds iirc...

so what are they doing? hacking up the stock manifolds and welding a new turbo on?

ROFLZ
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:18 AM   #3
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What a crock of shit!

$24k for essentially "upgraded" shit that they don't give specifics about? What is this Need for Speed? Why are they even trying?

Whoever actually pays that much and has their GTR sent to them to be demolished should have their GTR forcefully taken away.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
We've gone over this. Any vehicle owner stupid enough to entrust their vehicle with this company is entitled to the outcome of such a foolish thing.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
silviachik420
BANNED

silviachik420 is an unknown quantity at this point
It should read

"Just in time to get Fu**ed for Christmas" instead!!!
silviachik420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
Canaduh
Zilvia Member

Canaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of lightCanaduh is a glorious beacon of light
Has hennessey been screwing people forever or just as of the last couple years? I know he's been around for a long time, but only remember hearing of the bad reputation within the last 2 years. He's a cocky bastard as well.
Canaduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
So basically you get dual ebay turbos, some exhaust and a knockoff HKS acuator and SSQV BOV, ohh and a knockoff greddy profec B EBC. For 24,000. What a bargain. Not to mention that you don't get to keep your stock parts cuz Hennessy is busy selling them for you and keeping the money. What about engine managment, something tells me you can't just turn the boost up on one of the most meticulously engineered cars and expect it to run perfect. I wonder what the air induction upgrade is, maybe he just rips off the air filter off the mafs for higher air flow and then sells it.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #8
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I would like to see more specific details when being asked to spend anything on my car.
I want the fucking SSN of all involved parties when if it is to be 18 or 24 THOUSAND.
Not to mention Hennessey's crapass record, I mean I recall in one of those challenges in like 1998 or so in MOTOR TREND of all places, they were talking about all the BBB cases against them.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Upgraded Sport Turbo

I for one think it's delightful that they're simply increasing the boost in a high tech carefully crafted engine without upgrading the engine management. They sure showed Mine's!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
Upgraded Sport Turbo

I for one think it's delightful that they're simply increasing the boost in a high tech carefully crafted engine without upgrading the engine management. They sure showed Mine's!

It Pains me to think they overlooked that...

I sure hope that the devil was left out of the details

that is I hope to GOD they upgraded the EMS and dindt just crank up the boost
Old 12-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #11
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
something tells me they are just machining the stock exhaust housing and manifold to accept a bigger turbo.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
something tells me they are just machining the stock exhaust housing and manifold to accept a bigger turbo.
Oldest trick in the turbo book - which is perfectly ethical business - but does the price warrant the adjustment.

I guess it's trade secret
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #13
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Besides the fact of Hennessey's horrible rep lately, and the fact that they are not very specific in their parts or part listing (also no pictures of the parts?). This all makes me wonder who in their right mind would pay somebody 24.5k for these parts, OR even think about paying 18.5k w/o even seeing the parts
Sleepy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #14
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Oldest trick in the turbo book - which is perfectly ethical business - but does the price warrant the adjustment.

I guess it's trade secret
lol nope, because the stock housing restricts the flow, ive seen it Z guys stuffing gt2560 rotating assemblies on the stock housings loosing on average 50 - 60whp because of the housing alone. on the lower 12psi range.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #15
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
lol nope, because the stock housing restricts the flow, ive seen it Z guys stuffing gt2560 rotating assemblies on the stock housings loosing on average 50 - 60whp because of the housing alone. on the lower 12psi range.
your doing it wrong- or they are.

seriously it works

some of the best setups I have used and turbos I have sold have been tiny housings with huge inset wheels - it's the machining of the housings as well as proper wheel selection that makes the biggest difference.

Your buddies should send me their turbos...takes a while for turn around though

PS. the Z housings are VERY small for a production turbo and the GT2560 is hardly an upgrade at all if you look at the trim - size comparison - and more importantly the compressor maps of either.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:24 AM   #16
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
If I owned a GTR I would be pissed if anybody from Hennessey even looked at it. GTR owners better stay the hell away from this, or their godtdamn oil return lines will somehow be relocated to be lower than the oil pan.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:51 AM   #17
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
24K for stainless steel and aluminum piping?!

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #18
ryceboy_124
Zilvia FREAK!

ryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruin
They could of atleast used titanium...shit!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #19
IStop4NoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
IStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant futureIStop4NoMan has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I wonder how the transmission holds up to the additional power?
but yeah, this kit sounds baaaaad
IStop4NoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by IStop4NoMan View Post
I wonder how the transmission holds up to the additional power?
but yeah, this kit sounds baaaaad
It doesn't ..lol

that kit is a joke.

Save 20k and get the HKS 570kit

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #21
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Pffft. I'll take a Mine's tuned GTR instead.