Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #91
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
it starts out at 521 lbs, not bad considering the fact the KA weighs 493.
Thats is the KA's wieght including transmission.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2007, 09:48 PM   #92
Iceman00
Zilvia Member

Iceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymoreIceman00 is not welcome here anymore
And This swap is Effen Sick. I'll be watching
Old 04-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #93
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anymore updates??
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #94
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Just waiting on the clutch and water pump at this point, started a new job so time has been cut short lately, but im hoping im less than 3 weeks from driving
Old 05-11-2007, 11:20 AM   #95
MrHolister

MrHolister is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't wait to read more....I'm working on a similar swap, only in an s13. So I'm very anxcious to see your project running.
MrHolister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #96
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
what kind of electric water pump did you decide on?

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #97
slownslurious
Zilvia Junkie

slownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choicesslownslurious has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA View Post
You'll pick up 30hp just with the headers, the VH manifolds are some of the nastiest ones on the road. Nice work.
they have tubular headers stock dude... nothing compared to the custom ones but pretty tight for stock.

so how is clearance with the brake booster? you running the OEM s14 booster or what? I know the S13 one is a bit thinner...
slownslurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #98
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
this is fuel the project we have taken up. rebuilt VH in a coupe with megasquirt and custom plenum. i have to hand it to you, thats definately a sick car. kinda curious why you went with that water pump setup though. good luck dude. hopefully ours turns out just as nice as yours. those headers pwn
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #99
jaja
Zilvia Member

jaja is making a name for him/her selfjaja is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jaja
nice mod - always thought someone would eventually do something crazy like this.

wonder what something like this would run - any if it would be remotely close to smog legal in cali - i'm sure you could make it, but not sure with the headers.

but again good luck with the transplant and more pics please!!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #100
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
the vh had pretty much tubular headers from the factory but had a lot of emissions junk that if you take out you would probably fail smog, emissions, whatever
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #101
bleach8484
Zilvia Member

bleach8484 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats the luxury of living in florida without emmisions

Im ready to see video
Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 PM   #102
MrHolister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleach8484 View Post
Thats the luxury of living in florida without emmisions

Im ready to see video
I'll drink to that. (born in Orlando)...and +1 for vid
Old 06-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #103
jaja
Zilvia Member

jaja is making a name for him/her selfjaja is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jaja
Yep - but I'm sure it (legal swap to VH) can be done.... that would definately be the final mod for my vert. Even without any crazy mods I figure you can easily get 250 at the wheels...

Not sure about the powdercoating though - I know it has nothing to do with emissions, but I can see that as a CHP magnet I'd keep it bone stock - no chrome parts, keep the infiniti engine conver and all...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #104
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
SUBSCRIBED!!!!

glhf with the build. Cheers
Chaws15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #105
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates on this beast??
Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #106
MrHolister

Um.....what ever happened to this project...it kinda disappeared..
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #107
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Its not dead yet, got a new job so havent had time until recently, hope to have it done soon,

Heres where im at.

Due to a gross miss calculation on my part, i put one of the primaries on the pass header thru the starter and that kind of side tracked me for a while. I cut it off and im just gonna re route it.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #108
scribbles6
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (5)
scribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
awesome project bro! mad props. when you are done, would you mind posting up the total cost of this project, i wanna get an idea of what i'm looking at if i was to do this swap since i thought of it but i just don't know for sure yet.

Thanks
scribbles6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #109
JDS Performance
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (53)
JDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of lightJDS Performance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I signed up too - awsome thread!
man we have been having some awsome build threads lately!!
JDS Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:20 AM   #110
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
NICE more updates!

Mad props for broadening our engine swaps. keeping it nissan FTW!!
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #111
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
dude that look spretty insanely bad ass. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #112
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Sick as shit man keep up the good work.
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #113
NiZMo1o1
Zilvia Junkie

NiZMo1o1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice , I gotta come down and check out your ride sometime !
Old 06-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #114
_blank

_blank is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey GSRacer, do you follow SuperGT? All GT500 class Nissan machines run this engine. Good enough for Super GT, good enough for me

Couple of questions.

Did you consider the VQ35DE engine?
What tranny options did you consider?
Why did you replace the timing chain?

http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07te...xe_t003.htm?tm
http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07te...xe_t012.htm?tm
http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07te...xe_t022.htm?tm
http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07te...xe_t023.htm?tm
http://supergt.net/supergt/2007/07te...xe_t024.htm?tm

Last edited by _blank; 06-10-2007 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Added links
_blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:14 PM   #115
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Anyway heres todays progress , put the tranny back together took 15 minutes total.

Good news is the mazworx tranny to chassis mount for the sr20 kit is a direct bolt on in my application which means that the drive shaft for the vg trans with sr20 will bolt on too, makes this ten time easier

Old 06-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #116
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _blank View Post

Did you consider the VQ35DE engine?
What tranny options did you consider?
Why did you replace the timing chain?

I did consider the vq but thats another boring swap, i have a freind with a twin turbo vq in an s14 already

Tranny option in my mind was only one z32 tt 5 speed

Timing chain was replaced because they are a known failure in this motor.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #117
avs0730
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
avs0730 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to avs0730
looks great can't wait for a video on this car.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #118
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Got the driveshaft on. Another Mazworx part.

Engine coming out again for the 24 billionth time

Since i made the headers with out a tranny attached to the motor i wanted to make sure it didnt crash the headers into something after it was installed so did the driverside today

My Mile and a half of steering column clearance

Clutch will be here tommorow and after this weekend motor should be in there permanatly. oke

Last edited by gsracer; 07-10-2007 at 04:50 PM..
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #119
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccck!
cant wait to see it all done and ripping super wide tires to shreds!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #120
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
This thread get me happy everytime I view it. Good Work Bro
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote