Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
gthbryce

Trader Rating: (0)
gthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymoregthbryce is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 ka24de fuel injector removal *stuck injectors*

Im trying to replace my fuel injectors in my 91 kade but they refuse to come out. I have tried the methods screwdriver, pliers, vice grips.. etc. I was only able to remove one injector and that was by pounding a skinny flathead between the fuel rail and the injector and prying it up. It did damage to my fuel rail. I need some other method or some easy way out because I need this car running a.s.a.p. please help!

The damage...

Last edited by gthbryce; 07-04-2008 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: spelling
gthbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
holy shit what the fu*k happened there bro. lol had the same problem if you were able to pull them out i would suggest installin them "you see where the flathead is at right now line them up with the screw holes so the next time you wanna take them out use screw holes for leverage to pry downward on flathead and you'll see your injector coming out slowly to install them load them bit*hes wit a lot of petroleum lube use tha cap and screw down the 2 screw at the same time and the cap will push it down note: you need a lot of lube or your gonna rip the o rings i only say that cause ive done that so many times. (in order to remove injector using this method i take off fuel rail completly lol hope that helps

try these they fit in the holes where you inserted the flathead pm me ill get you the exact location or where to order them pliers image used was for refernce if you saw them anywhere i suggest go get them lol
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
put the two screws back in, without the cap, and use that as a leverage point ON EACH SIDE for two small flat blade screw driver. The indentions on the injector, which you have destroyed in the picture, are for the screw driver points.

I agree, lots of lube for the reinstall

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson

Last edited by s14unimog; 07-09-2008 at 10:13 AM..
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
shmiddy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
shmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfectionshmiddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
oh shit thats bad. looks like u also used a gernade lol jk

try taking off the fuel rail completly that helps allot
Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Holy shit. I used channel locks and a rubber glove I think. I just grabbed the injector around the sides and used the glove as padding and twisted it back and forth until I could pop it out. I didn't mess up my injectors too bad, my rail is fine.
awesomenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #6
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I would take em out for you.. but im in socal.

Fly me out there! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i pretty much destroyed one taking it out, i didnt feel too bad cause it was clogged anyways and i was replacing it.

I tried replacing the screws to use for leverage but the plastic above the indentations just snapped through. the injector was in there super tight. no fun, but it fixed my misfiring : P
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
480sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
480sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bahahahaahahahahah. Sorry, that picture is HILARIOUS.

Heres what you do. Rotate your injector so that the plug end is directly overtop of the screw holes. This gives you an extra half inch or so to pry against. There is a lip on the underside of the plug thats meant for removing the injector. Take a large flatblade screw driver, or whatever, make sure it fits under that lip. Rotate your screw driver while its completely underneath that lip by turning your wrists, forcing one edge of the 'blade' onto the fuel rail and the other end up into the injector. They pop right out dude.
480sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #9
jaja
Zilvia Member

jaja is making a name for him/her selfjaja is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to jaja
you guys think the fuel rail looks bad.... i ended up in the ER today... was trying to pull them out with a grip vise.... pulled on it, grip vise went through my glasses, glasses shattered and ended up with 5 stitches to the eyelid... had to have the wife drive me to the ER...

you know what sucks? the damn injector is still in there...
Old 07-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #10
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If you don't care about the injector, remove the rail. Flip it over in a vice and with a punch, smack the tip of the injector. The force will push it out the other side.

I've also seen a guy just swat the rail on the pavement, pushing the injector out the back the same way. Ghetto, but it works.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #11
pungkiteater_671
Leaky Injector

pungkiteater_671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
If you don't care about the injector, remove the rail. Flip it over in a vice and with a punch, smack the tip of the injector. The force will push it out the other side.

I've also seen a guy just swat the rail on the pavement, pushing the injector out the back the same way. Ghetto, but it works.
thats what i do but does it matter if the plastic thing brakes off ??
pungkiteater_671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
jaja
Zilvia Member

nuts.... does applying wd40 or something from the top help? i mean how do the mechanics at nissan take these off? is it a total assembly replacement with the fuel rail?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungkiteater_671 View Post
thats what i do but does it matter if the plastic thing brakes off ??
The pintle cap. It matters, but not a ton. It helps to distribute the fuel evenly when it sprays. I know plenty of people running around with broken ones, over time they deteriorate anyway.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #14
yukon
Zilvia Member

yukon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 480sx View Post
Bahahahaahahahahah. Sorry, that picture is HILARIOUS.

Heres what you do. Rotate your injector so that the plug end is directly overtop of the screw holes. This gives you an extra half inch or so to pry against. There is a lip on the underside of the plug thats meant for removing the injector. Take a large flatblade screw driver, or whatever, make sure it fits under that lip. Rotate your screw driver while its completely underneath that lip by turning your wrists, forcing one edge of the 'blade' onto the fuel rail and the other end up into the injector. They pop right out dude.
correct answer
yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 AM   #15
gotspins13
Zilvia Addict

gotspins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to gotspins13
yupp you better listen cus you fucked your shit uppppppppp

perfectly said! FJ20ET 16 valve - the holy grail of Nissan engines
gotspins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #16
jaja
Zilvia Member

well after going to the ER and almost taking out my eye - here's my 2cents...

1. put WD-40 around the top opening of the injector
2. put the screw back in and pry the flathead and try to rotate the injector on its axis. (basically try to get it moving...)
3. try to pry it out now with the above instructions...
4. GET THIS TOOL!! it was like $12 at the auto parts store.

there are two holes on the side of the injector. you can almost see it in bryce's photo.

(I saw this tool in another post, but didn't think of it much then... now it makes a whole lot of sense...)

5. gently pull, and it should come out.

let me put it this way - i tried the screwdriver only method + vice grips and didn't get anywhere. got this tool, and i was able to take it out, then go to the junk yard and take one out in less than 15 mins.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #17
pungkiteater_671
Leaky Injector

pungkiteater_671 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
The pintle cap. It matters, but not a ton. It helps to distribute the fuel evenly when it sprays. I know plenty of people running around with broken ones, over time they deteriorate anyway.
will it ruin like the performance and shit ? cause 3 of it was crack and it just fell off and i was putting it back on the rail
pungkiteater_671 is offline   Reply With Quote