Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-05-2004, 03:09 AM   #31
aznb128
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
aznb128 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdized
So no one from Crabdrifitng care to explain anything at all?????? or you all are waiting for your next event that you don't have a rental agreement with the track to happen and to collect money from people???????????

by you saying that, it makes it look like crabdrifting is doing this on purpose...there are going to be refunds given to the people that already paid...(which is only 2) im pretty sure it was a misunderstanding between altamont and crabdrifting. Crab did not intentionally do this so we can get a bad name(why would we?)
Old 06-05-2004, 03:19 AM   #32
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdized
So no one from Crabdrifitng care to explain anything at all?????? or you all are waiting for your next event that you don't have a rental agreement with the track to happen and to collect money from people???????????

Well you know what todd? People have lives and you cant expect them to be on the forums all day clicking the refresh button for new updates.

CrabDrifting did make a mistake not fully making a CONTRACT but there WAS talk about it with Altamont Raceway and they said it was okay. Just never got the official OK. As for the "Crabdrifting taking peoples money", (which were infact only 2 people besides some friends) WILL get their money back. CrabDrifting will find another place for an event so lookout in the future. We're truely sorry for the MISTAKE and CONFUSION that have mislead some people.

Now carry on with your conversation people about Freedom Drift so its back on topic. Have fun out there guys.
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 04:40 AM   #33
mazdized
Leaky Injector

mazdized is an unknown quantity at this point
no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ootranceformeroo
Well you know what todd? People have lives and you cant expect them to be on the forums all day clicking the refresh button for new updates.

CrabDrifting did make a mistake not fully making a CONTRACT but there WAS talk about it with Altamont Raceway and they said it was okay. Just never got the official OK. As for the "Crabdrifting taking peoples money", (which were infact only 2 people besides some friends) WILL get their money back. CrabDrifting will find another place for an event so lookout in the future. We're truely sorry for the MISTAKE and CONFUSION that have mislead some people.

Now carry on with your conversation people about Freedom Drift so its back on topic. Have fun out there guys.
You are right I have no life. But I thank you for clearing things up more.

Todd
mazdized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #34
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to rps13sh
i have no life too!
rps13sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #35
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
are there any NCDA tee shirts for sale. I was thinkin about that and I kinda want one. Let me know.

Matt
Old 06-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #36
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
also would the labor day event be only a sunday or both days. Let me know so I can get the days off ans start stock pileing tires now.

Matt
Old 06-06-2004, 02:12 AM   #37
mazdized
Leaky Injector

My apology

I appologize to every one. I have lost my temper and over reacted because the track was about to say no to all you import guys and forget drifting all together. I was frustrated because no one was willing to clear it up and say anything, and all I hear is complaint from the track.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:34 AM   #38
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Todd,

I saw you on Polk St. today parked on the side of the road near Brownie's Hardware. You were yappin' away on the phone so I didn't want to bother you.

Then I was standing in line at the bank and you spun 'em around California and smashed up the street. I laughed.

kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:59 AM   #39
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nicerps13sh is just really nice
i can get you some ncda shirts. they were selling em at the last event. i dont know how much they were but ill find out and get back to you.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:25 AM   #40
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Art,

I feel like I was there too! Since I was on the phone with him, lol. Do you live near there? Thats where I grew up.

DJPimp,

The track is pushing for 2day events, so plan on a 2-day.

Everyone!

Freedom drift registration is OPEN!

Event details and registration
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:15 AM   #41
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo
Todd,

I saw you on Polk St. today parked on the side of the road near Brownie's Hardware. You were yappin' away on the phone so I didn't want to bother you.

Then I was standing in line at the bank and you spun 'em around California and smashed up the street. I laughed.

Well sometimes you just got to light them up and get around foolz in S.F. You know how it is.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:36 AM   #42
monkey7
Zilvia Member

monkey7 is making a name for him/her selfmonkey7 is making a name for him/her self
I hope my car gets out of the shop by then. If not, junk...
monkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 AM   #43
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bunta (Don?): I grew up nearby, not exactly in the area but I'm familiar with it. I grew up in the ghetto part way down the street (the L's :P)

Todd: Yeah except there were no cars! It was funny cus when I heard it, I assumed it was you and I turned around and there you were. :P

Question regarding Freedom Drift: If I can only make it on one day, can I sign up for both and have my friend go in my place the second day?

Thanks
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #44
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
Daym it. This is the first I heard about this. I've been out of the loop for a while because of surgery.

Josh, you're car should be ready by this event, but because of you car and my brothers lagging, my car won't be. I can't get started on mine until your car comes out.

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT....... LOLZ j/k

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #45
Krazy Bunta
Leaky Injector

Krazy Bunta is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry Art,

No can do, its an administrative nightmare to have to accomodate driver changes.
Krazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #46
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
Hey NCDA people, if you need marketing, I can get you the people you need! As you probably know Tracy is infamous for street racing. I used to frequent it alot, but not anymore. During Fridays/Saturdays this one area is PACKED with streetracers. It's not the street race area, it's the "spot" as it is called. It's too bad no one can take advantage. It's the audience you need! Email me if you want me to distribute flyers or something. Most of the people are local (I also live in Tracy) so it's almost certain they'll check it out. So let me know if you want to do it, no charge. We'll just make them watch, cuz I was really expecting more people watching on May 30.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #47
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

We need to get the word out. The reason there where no spectators, well not many, was because not many people know about these things. There is only the Website, and then the forums. Someone needs to go to the spots. In and out in San Jose weekends, and other and leaveing flyers and different shops and stuff.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:23 PM   #48
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
If you bought a NCDA shirt for $6 from the website you got about 20 flyers with it. I gave all my flyers out to friends and quite a few showed up. If they'd send me a black NCDA shirt I would gladly pass out 50 more.

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
sr240mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #49
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Yeah... but we are paying $180 to participte, and $6 dollars for the shirt for them to get profit for US TO DO ALL THE WORK and getting word out... I don't mind, but I don't see the NCDA guys out there passing out flyers and advertising OFF THE WEB for these events... the ones that stand to profit should be doing some work...

That's my opinion and I know alot of people will agree.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #50
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
do people besides the participants' friends actually wanna go watch people learn to drift?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 PM   #51
rps13sh
Zilvia FREAK!

FYI: we made and printed 10,000 flyers and passed out 8,000 one by one. even passed them out in socal and left them at many performance shops.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #52
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

I've talked to alot of people that didn't even know about May 30ths event. I'm sorry if I'm wrong and I don't wanna offend anyone. I've met Tod and Don in person and I think they are both kewl and very knowledgeable.

But like I was saying. Nobody I knew (that isn't an internet junkie) new anything about the event. Most of them didn't even know that there was any drifting going on at Altamont Raceway. And I know alot of people. They didn't find out until I mentioned it after the fact.

Dude I didn't even find out about Freedom Drift until this week, that's saying something since everyone considers me a freaking internet hog. Especially the way Zilvia is set up now. Most people do not want to take the time to go through the thousands of links it takes to get to the events page.

I don't know where you are passing out flyers cause I've never ever seen an NCDA flyer.

I haven't even seen them at AutoRND and I know they know you guys. Unless AutoRND is hidding them in the back somewhere.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #53
iyceman
Zilvia Member

iyceman can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
do people besides the participants' friends actually wanna go watch people learn to drift?
If I wasn't on the east coast I would, but then again if I wasn't on the east coast I'd be a competitor myself. NY sucks.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #54
mazdized
Leaky Injector

Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by knghtryde
I've talked to alot of people that didn't even know about May 30ths event. I'm sorry if I'm wrong and I don't wanna offend anyone. I've met Tod and Don in person and I think they are both kewl and very knowledgeable.

But like I was saying. Nobody I knew (that isn't an internet junkie) new anything about the event. Most of them didn't even know that there was any drifting going on at Altamont Raceway. And I know alot of people. They didn't find out until I mentioned it after the fact.

Dude I didn't even find out about Freedom Drift until this week, that's saying something since everyone considers me a freaking internet hog. Especially the way Zilvia is set up now. Most people do not want to take the time to go through the thousands of links it takes to get to the events page.

I don't know where you are passing out flyers cause I've never ever seen an NCDA flyer.

I haven't even seen them at AutoRND and I know they know you guys. Unless AutoRND is hidding them in the back somewhere.

??? I gave Rishie about 250 flyers at least for Drifting. Freedom Drift's release is jacked and delayed mainly because of CD. I thought as far as the drift community pretty much all knows about it. I can be very wrong. I personally went to a lot of rice shops and hang out spots to pass them out. At HIN Don and I personally passed out about 1,500 I think. Oh interesting point every where we pass out flyers I see Formula D flyers, may be I need to find the person and have him or her do NCDA too. hehehe
Old 06-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #55
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Dude who ever does the Formula D flyers is every where. There is a Mustang crew I hang around with cause a few of them live in my complex, and those fools had formula D flyers.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:19 PM   #56
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Dude, Call me or Email me Seriously. Lets talk about me getting the some of your flyers into the hands of the domestic guys I know. As long as we can turn a few of them to not thinking that we wanna keep them outta your events, I know they can help me turn the rest, but I'm not a promotor and I don't have any Ties to NCDA so they might listen to me. Cause even as a friend they are reluctant, cause they say that it's nothing but import lovers.

And I've noticed, that all Domestic Guys think that import owners hate them, and Import owners think that all Domestic guys hate them.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:54 PM   #57
iyceman
Zilvia Member

iyceman can only hope to improve
That's not how it is?
Old 06-13-2004, 02:42 AM   #58
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

well there all pretty much ass holes with nothing more than twice the cylinders and 1/2 the brains.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:55 AM   #59
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Dude I didn't even find out about Freedom Drift until this week
Quote:
Dude who ever does the Formula D flyers is every where
Quote:
Dude, Call me or Email me Seriously.
Dude, lol @ david

anyway, i got some money so now i can go.
will there be a tire machine there this time?
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #60
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
there was a tire machine last time. Dont worry though, you probably wont waste em. You will prolly be able to drive there drifff and drive home on the same set.