Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Restoration parts/ Stuff we need

Hello,
I work in the auto parts industry. I just walked past a listing of projects some of our design engineers are working on and saw that they had some MKIV Supra parts going through as a trial run.

My company is looking to get into some low volume, custom, made to order parts. It's very similar to what some small companies are already doing like Dorkidori and his body kits, and a lot of the vendors listed in this thread below

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=660310

My company is full of car guys, a lot of which are in need of the parts that they want to pursue making. The product manager who pushed for this batch of Supra parts actually needs this for his car and wants to market it to the Supra community for cheaper than what the used prices are. The trim piece in question is selling for $300 used and they want to sell it for $200 new, as an OE replacement.

My question to you guys is, what would you like to see?
I am going to be handing them a list of items and what application it is for. It is up to the product managers to do the research on what the asking price is on YAJ/EBAY etc and what it sold for etc etc. I'm just providing a list.

My list includes
-Door panels (S13, S14)
-Gauge cluster cover (the clear covered portion that gets scratched up, S13,S14 Impreza GC8 GM6)
EDIT - They already make this part for other applications, I want S chassis and Subarus in there too
-Door panel HVAC trims (around the lever and the part connecting to the dash)
-dash vent trim
-DIN pockets
-radio surround
-The quarter window rubber trim( I know its an assembly but can we make a better design using OE Glass)
-Headlight/Taillight housings
-Trunk liner (the cardboard/fiber piece that sits under the carpet/covers the spare wheel)

I own a bunch of S14s, the impreza Rs coupe, and a 1990 GMC Suburban. So obviously my list will include stuff I need for those vehicles.
Tell me other applications/stuff you would like to see.

EDIT - I am trying to keep this realistic. Interior stuff and things that wont require a DOT stamp or crash testing (like hoods/fenders).
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links