Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How would you get the different plugs to work?
I got an oem IACV trying to fix my stalling on deceleration issue on my ka-t, and the plugs are different colors/shapes, other than that they are the exact same, the part numbers are the same too (except for two characters scratched off the original one at the end that i cant see)

BTW the new one I recieved from Nissan is the style shown in the picture originally posted

idk how I can't find info on this

Can anyone shed some light on this and help me out?
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch4life View Post
How would you get the different plugs to work?
I got an oem IACV trying to fix my stalling on deceleration issue on my ka-t, and the plugs are different colors/shapes, other than that they are the exact same, the part numbers are the same too (except for two characters scratched off the original one at the end that i cant see)

BTW the new one I recieved from Nissan is the style shown in the picture originally posted

idk how I can't find info on this

Can anyone shed some light on this and help me out?
You're fucked.

Or you could use crimp spades and shoe goo and other such magic to make an intermediate pigtail from your harness to the offending plug - then hide it all under neat black conduit and never speak of it.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #3
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
You're fucked.
Fuck.

Quote:
Or you could use crimp spades and shoe goo and other such magic to make an intermediate pigtail from your harness to the offending plug - then hide it all under neat black conduit and never speak of it.
I'm not above this.
I don't want to but would that actually work?

Is the original IACV simply not available anymore or something?
Forgot to mention its a 92 ka
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch4life View Post
Fuck.

I'm not above this.
I don't want to but would that actually work?

Is the original IACV simply not available anymore or something?
Forgot to mention its a 92 ka
Pretty sure it would - check fsm for early and late cars, if you're that worried about it... I'd just hook it up and see what happens.

As far as deleting your iacv, with power steering and brakes and everything, if you don't have a high idle, you'll probably have it running like shit at 400rpm coming up to some stops, or even dying sometimes - not a good option for a stock daily. If you have a stock car and start "deleting" stuff like that, you end up with a piece of shit that never runs quite right in any situation or makes even stock power, because the systems that are meant to adapt to different running conditions so the car actually works are all "deleted".
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote