Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #181
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
jr_ss I look forward to any progress and understand when things move to the always open back burner. Looks good tho.
seraphim38wow, that's nice.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #182
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
^ +1

once you buy your own house it's nice to work on the car and know your not paying someone elses mortgage.
Your doing great work dude, keep it up!!
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #183
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Know how it it man, In the almost same situation. I thought you were going to turn the key way before me but now it seems we're getting closer to equal hehe

First to post dyno papers!

Cheers mate
Old 04-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #184
Not You
Leaky Injector

Not You is an unknown quantity at this point
Anything new JR?
Not You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #185
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not You View Post
Anything new JR?
Unfortunately, there is nothing new. I haven't been in town for most of this year so far and when I have been its been dealing with the home purchase and spending time with my girl and family. Things should start calming down quite a bit here in the next few weeks/month and I'll have some free time pending that happens.

This project isn't going away, it shall be finished and seen on a road near... Well near who ever the hell lives on this side of Florida.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #186
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Unfortunately, there is nothing new.
Damn- was hoping for more awesomeness. But alas, grown-up responsibilities got in the way lol.

Do what you gotta do man- you'll be back at it soone enough~
Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #187
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
JR...get that shiznit done.

I am very happy with my build now that it is complete and tuned. 1st and 2nd are pointless on the street, even in the dry and in a straight line on the freeway. If 3rd gear sticks it is like instant warp speed. 460rwhp on pump at about 21psi, and we weren't seeing anything on the knock sensor. We probably could have gotten to 500rwhp with some fuel and timing adjustments but it was already 7:30PM and we figured it was time to quit. I didn't do a race gas tune but was tempted to see if we could get 600rwhp at 30psi. I still may do it.

Other than that, I am now looking for an S13.4 valve cover. I think my z32 trans needs a rebuild. But the power output is fine.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #188
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Damn- was hoping for more awesomeness. But alas, grown-up responsibilities got in the way lol.

Do what you gotta do man- you'll be back at it soone enough~
Yeah who would've thought I would have those one day... I'll get back to it ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post

I am very happy with my build now that it is complete and tuned. 1st and 2nd are pointless on the street, even in the dry and in a straight line on the freeway. If 3rd gear sticks it is like instant warp speed. 460rwhp on pump at about 21psi, and we weren't seeing anything on the knock sensor. We probably could have gotten to 500rwhp with some fuel and timing adjustments but it was already 7:30PM and we figured it was time to quit. I didn't do a race gas tune but was tempted to see if we could get 600rwhp at 30psi. I still may do it.

Other than that, I am now looking for an S13.4 valve cover. I think my z32 trans needs a rebuild. But the power output is fine.
See I already have my trans rebuilt, no need to tear things down again when I'm done, or so I hope.

I really cannot wait to get it on the road. I really can't imagine a sub 3k lb car with 450-500whp on tap. I'm running wider shoes though, but i dont think those 10mm will help. Glad to hear you got her running though, soon hopefully I'll be able to say the same.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #189
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

I am very happy with my build now that it is complete and tuned.
Do you happen to have a video (searched and didn't find a build thread)? Never even heard of the VET option till I started hanging out here regularly. Been following jr's build intently...

Would love to hear the difference in sound between that and the regular DET.

jr, sorry to threadjack, but had to ask
Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #190
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

My car is stripped down, no interior and lots of lightweight modifications. 460rwhp with all the suspension done and sticky tires makes for a lethal combination.

Mikester: I have a heavily ported DET S13 head; I didn't got VET. Given the way mine performs I don't think I am missing much (full boost before 4,500 RPM and we stopped the dyno before 7,500, even though we could have spun it beyond 8.5K with the HKS solid lifters). I have dyno vids and pics but I haven't uploaded any of the videos.

For the sound, I have over a thousand dollars of custom stainless welding work and Magnaflow race mufflers on my car to make it very quiet for daily driving without losing hp. My dump tube is run through a flex pipe into my downpipe, with a Vibrant Performance 3" straight through 11" long race muffler, then Magnaflow 3" spun metallic catalytic converter, then 3" Vibrant Performance 14" long resonator, then 3" Magnaflow straight through 14" long race muffler, then a 3" single input dual output 3" Magnaflow muffler at the back.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #191
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You don't lose HP with three mufflers, a resonator and a cat?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #192
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

What's the S13,4 valvecover as mentioned above?

Jr_ss
whats left? the mapping?

I am now much much furhter back in the build, no more "first to turn key" lol

it's about 1,5 months till I have to run the timeattack tho o.O
Old 04-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #193
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/26947...ers-bungs.html

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #194
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Do you happen to have a video (searched and didn't find a build thread)? Never even heard of the VET option till I started hanging out here regularly. Been following jr's build intently...

Mike, honestly, they dont sound much different than the other SR's. If anything more Hondaish because of the head design. No worries on threadjacking as long as it pertains to VET's I'm ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
You don't lose HP with three mufflers, a resonator and a cat?
I'm sure with all those noise controllers and the cat he see's some reduce in HP output, but mufflers and catalytic converters have come along way in the past 10-15years and are not nearly restrictive as they use to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen View Post

Jr_ss
whats left? the mapping?

I am now much much furhter back in the build, no more "first to turn key" lol

it's about 1,5 months till I have to run the timeattack tho o.O
I still have to finish my wiring and throwing the interior back together. Other than small, time consuming items, everything else is done, but as usual, you generally find something overlooked when the process of reassembly occurs.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #195
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4Race View Post

I didn't go through your entire build thread and catch this, but just wondering why your Mazworx intake manifold looks different than the one in this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...ml#post4269775

Did you get yours custom built by Mazworx to extend out with those extra vacuum bungs? It looks like the one that R4Race is using is the one that matches the one sold on Mazworx's site. If I decide to go sr20ve route, I think I would prefer his so it can clear wheel tubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #196
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I didn't go through your entire build thread and catch this, but just wondering why your Mazworx intake manifold looks different than the one in this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-on...ml#post4269775

Did you get yours custom built by Mazworx to extend out with those extra vacuum bungs? It looks like the one that R4Race is using is the one that matches the one sold on Mazworx's site. If I decide to go sr20ve route, I think I would prefer his so it can clear wheel tubs.
I have their original prototype manifold. It was built and installed in a blue hatch. They changed the design to accommodate RHD and the S14 chassis, that is why mine is different from the others. You won't see another one like it...
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #197
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

both of those S13 valve covers show that the oil pcv vent hoses are welded AN fittings, whereas they didn't do the S13.4 valve cover.

Anybody have info on how to do this? There has to be an alternative to the ~ $500 for S13 valve cover, S14 valve cover and the welding labor to combine them
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #198
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
both of those S13 valve covers show that the oil pcv vent hoses are welded AN fittings, whereas they didn't do the S13.4 valve cover.

Anybody have info on how to do this? There has to be an alternative to the ~ $500 for S13 valve cover, S14 valve cover and the welding labor to combine them
If I didn't live in Norway I could have cut and welded them for you for a fairly cheap price, toobad shipping is so expensive
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #199
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
So happy you're still working on this man. So many of my favorite builds have stopped. I love looking through yours. Probably read the whole thing three or four times.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #200
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:

here's what a built s15? sr20 with a vet head sounds like.... its like 800whp or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYndAEG9abA
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #201
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
So happy you're still working on this man. So many of my favorite builds have stopped. I love looking through yours. Probably read the whole thing three or four times.
I don't have the mind set to give up on it or not finish it. It has taken longer than I originally anticipated, but things like life get in the way. As I have grown older and matured, I've come to the realization that it doesn't matter if it's not done in a week or a year, it just matters that you continue ahead with your goals no matter what obstacles impede your path.

Thanks for the kind words and keeping an eye on it. It means a lot when you can inspire or even teach someone something even if it's not what you had intended to do. I still have tons of learning to do and I'm sure if I were to do it over I would make some changes from the things I have come across or learned throughout this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
here's what a built s15? sr20 with a vet head sounds like.... its like 800whp or something.

The Scorch Racing car is insane... They are running a GTX35R on it I believe.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #202
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
great build man!

just realized this is your build (since ive pm'd u recently)

i wanna see this thing in action.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #203
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
At what RPM do you have your VVL set to engage, if I may ask?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #204
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post

Jesus.

Sounds nothing like a Honduh.

More excited than ever to see this one up & kickin'
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #205
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
At what RPM do you have your VVL set to engage, if I may ask?
I'm sure we'll see what works best. Im not sure if ill switch both over at the same time or not. Most of the time they are switched over together at 5kish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
great build man!

just realized this is your build (since ive pm'd u recently)

i wanna see this thing in action.
Yep, thanks man...

Quote:
Jesus.

Sounds nothing like a Honduh.

More excited than ever to see this one up & kickin'
I said Hondaish, not like one...
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #206
Drftr915
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Drftr915 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I have been watching this thread for a long time, your workmanship is unmatchable, very excited to see this thing up and running, don't give up.
Drftr915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #207
jr_ss
Post Whore!

So, I've had some free time as of late. Things are slowing down at the shop and I shouldn't be traveling as often, so this will give me some time to get back to working on the car.

This past Sunday, I took the liberty of reaquainting myself with my wiring nightmare. It's been so long since I started removing and simplifying my wiring I had forgot where I left off. Once I figured out what my original plan was I started getting back into it.

The Chase Bays harness has two connections in the interior for all the transmission connections that I use to have out by the fuse box/battery. Being that my car was originally an Auto, I had to do some converting for the harnesses to work together. Those plugs include the wires for the alternator, reverse lights, speed sensor, starter and the oil pressure switch. I had all but the reverse lights figured out and it took about 2hrs of going through the electrical schematics in the FSM to figure it out this evening.

ChaseBays connections...

My connections to the harness...

I also snapped a few shots of the harness in it's current form. Once I get everything run to its corresponding spot, I'll pull it back out, depin the connectors and sleeve the engine side of things. I haven't decided if I'm going to sleeve the interior portions, but I guess I might as well do it, atleast the dash area of things. Anyway, on to some pictures for your view pleasure or boredom.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #208
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Gosh wires make my head hurt lol. Looking good
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #209
jp69

jp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work sr20vvlt all day
jp69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #210
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Glad to see updates on this still! cant wait to see it running and i can see it in person someday!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote