Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #661
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wasn't a bad all-star game. That dunk by Kobe going past Lebron was nasty.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #662
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
someone needs to gif shaq dancing with the jabbawockeez
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #663
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
or as craig sager likes to say it..

the "wakka jobbies".
Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #664
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Rudy Fernandez was robbed in the Dunk Contest and deserved the finals spot over Howard.

Reggie Miller and Kenny Smith's comments about Fernandez and Gasol were fucking retarded. They talked so much shit about Spanish players.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #665
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
^^ yeah that behind the back oop was pretty sick, best dunk of the 1st first attempt in the first round.

i hate the guys that miss the attempts, and keep trying the same dunk. its lame, even after u make it cuz everybody already knows what you are trying to do. not as dope as if you make it the first try. they need to change it to 3 attempts max.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #666
ro240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
ro240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Phil, Kobe, and Shaq make a great team. Would love to see them together again.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #667
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro240sx View Post
Phil, Kobe, and Shaq make a great team. Would love to see them together again.
Made
MADE
MADE
MADE
MADE
Past tense, that ship has sailed. Shaq is biding his time pre-retirement, Kobe is better than he was then. I do NOT want to see Shaq back in LA. Sure, he would fit just fine in a diminished role coming off of the bench, but something about me leaves me thinking that he would not accept that for too long.
Sure, I can almost see how his current role in Phoenix will dry up more if they go back to "fun and gun," but I do not see how he would fit in the Lakers' current situation and would hate to shake up the current paradise.

And I write too!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #668
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
^ cosign on that

kobe is at his top

shaq is on his way out

let the lakers be great with their new line up no need to bring shaq back to get us a title
Old 02-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #669
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool

Glenn James, Layne Murdoch & Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
Hornets send Chandler to Thunder for Wilcox, veteran Smith

By NBA.com staff reports
Posted Feb 17 2009 3:25PM
The Oklahoma City Thunder have acquired center Tyson Chandler from New Orleans in a deal that sends veterans Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox to the Hornets.

After years of trying to draft and develop a front-line center, the move finally gives the Thunder a proven talent inside. The 7-foot-1 Chandler has averaged 8.8 points and 8.3 rebounds this season as the frequent recipient of All-Star point guard Chris Paul's alley-oop passes.
For the Hornets, the trade provides an opportunity to shed salary in an uncertain New Orleans economy by adding two contracts that expire at the end of the season. The Hornets also got the rights to DeVon Hardin, a second-round pick out of California in last year's draft.
Chandler led the Hornets with 1.4 blocks a game and is the team's second-leading rebounder behind All-Star forward David West. The center has struggled with injuries this season after appearing in 79 games last season for New Orleans.
Wilcox and Smith have played roughly the same amount of minutes this season. Smith, the former No. 1 overall pick of the 1995 NBA Draft, is averaging 19.2 minutes a game in Oklahoma City while Wilcox is at 19.4 minutes a game. The pair served as backups for second-year forward Jeff Green.
The trade likely leaves the Hornets with a large gap in their interior defense. While both Smith and Wilcox are adequate rebounders, neither is known as a shot-blocker. That likely puts the majority of New Orleans' shot-blocking duties on backup center Hilton Armstrong.
The Hornets (30-20) are currently sixth in the Western Conference and have lost two in a row.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #670
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
chandler is going to be garbage now without CP3, i didn't know of this trade til i got to work.

PS - go knicks! even though i like the spurs, krypto-nate is intense. playing good ball on a contract year i think? correct me if i'm wrong. but shit, if i were to play in run-n-gun style, i would be scoring 20 pts a game too just like in NBA Live.

xquizitditz
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #671
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
That's an awesome trade - Chandler is only 26 years old! He was a dominating rebounder, very good post defender, and mobile enough to cover ground as a help defender. No offensive game at all individually, but he's active and will clean up garbage stuff, just like a good big man should.

OKC also stole Krstic with a cheap contract, Jeff Green is developing, and they have another physical rebounder type in Collison. That's a pretty solid rotation of big men, better than lots of teams in the league. With Durant and Westbrook, all their bigs have to do is defend and rebound. If they take Harden, the Thunder are going to be real good, real quick.

The Hornets . . . well, it's easy to say they're being cheap, but really, it's a worse problem - they're stupid. They gave MoPete the FULL MLE a couple seasons ago to be a mediocre swing man; they then gave James Posey the FULL MLE do do the same things a little better. Oh, and they took Julian Wright, watched him blow up, then sent him to the end of the rotation. Gee, maybe you should spend money on a backup PG and some backup bigs better than Melvin Ely?

Teams are fuckin stupid man. I need to be a GM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #672
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Looks like Fun & Gun is back in Phoenix since Steve Nash got Terry Porter fired.
Yes, I know it was the clippers and that one of the top 5 NCAA teams might be able to take them, but still it is an odd coincidence.

Also, T-mac out for the season, and likely a chunk of the next... Anyone surprised, or is this a case of the chickens coming to roost?

And I write too!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 PM   #673
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

so whose the suns new head coach now?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #674
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
so whose the suns new head coach now?
Alvin Gentry...oh man, i gotta see that randolph KO he did to that suns player. supposedly it was a full on swing. gotta check youtube.

xquizitditz
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #675
ro240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
ro240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That Laker vs Warriors game was very close until the 4th quarter. Kobe had 2 sick blocks.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #676
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
lol not happening. they stopped the chandler trade.

also... the knicks declined the marbury trade to the kings for miller and thomas. good thing because that shit was a trap. even though, i want marbury to play.

can't wait to see more trades. hoping to get rid of curry or jeffries or rose.

AND FREE MARBURY!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #677
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
chandler is not going to thunder after all.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #678
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

hopefully suns can keep up the awesome play vs other teams than the clips. 140+pts in both of the last 2 games

can someone post up like the leauge records/standings? like top 10 for W and 10 for E?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #679
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
hopefully suns can keep up the awesome play vs other teams than the clips. 140+pts in both of the last 2 games

can someone post up like the leauge records/standings? like top 10 for W and 10 for E?
East:
TEAM
Celtics 44-11
Cavaliers 41-11
Magic 39-14
Hawks 32-22
Heat 28-25
Pistons 27-25
76ers 27-26
Bucks 27-30
Bulls 24-30
Nets 24-31

West:
Lakers 44-10
Nuggets 37-17
Spurs 35-17
Trail Blazers 33-20
Hornets 32-20
Rockets 33-21
Mavericks 32-21
Jazz 31-23
Suns 30-23
Warriors 19-36

And I write too!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #680
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post

West:

Suns 30-23
Warriors 19-36

That's a crazy drop off from 9th seed to 10th seed lol. Over .500 to way under .500. Big difference from last year. It makes the East look half way decent.

xquizitditz
Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #681
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

hopefully suns can make a decent run the 2nd half of the season and maybe make 5th or 6th seed or better
Old 02-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #682
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Report: Bulls send Hughes to Knicks - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

good move by the knicks i think. finally getting rid of that other piece of garbage not called starbury, jerome james. for larry hughes though? haven't they heard of the website,

Hey Larry Hughes, Please Stop Taking So Many Bad Shots

oh well...i still like these trades though. wilcox is better than malik rose any day regardless.

xquizitditz
Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #683
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

rafer alston goes to the orlando magic.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #684
s14kings
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
s14kings is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lets see if he could fill Jameer Nelson's spot.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #685
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i can't believe it, that bum james is gone.still two more major bums to get rid curry & jeffries.

total 12 on the roster but, knicks only have 11 active players with starbury in the inactive . knicks might pick up some D league players. i'm hoping for ewing jr.

AND FREE MARBURY!!!

Last edited by BOROSUN; 02-19-2009 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: FREE MARBURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #686
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Suns star Stoudemire out after eye surgery

and to think, they COULD have traded him and had SOMETHING in return for not having him there.
Nope, looks like they're done now.

And I write too!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #687
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

wtf. lame. how long is he out for?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #688
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
Cleveland could have been the best team in the East, but said no to a Wally Sczerbiak/Pavlocic trade to Phoenix for Shaq. Instead, they offered Ben Wallace and Pavlocic. I think that right there will even further make LBJ to resign elsewhere in 2010. Cleveland could have freed cap space to resign James by giving up Sczerbiak and gaining Shaq.

I feel bad for Phoenix. Just when they got back into their run-n-gun style, Amare suffers an eye-injury. He had surgery the day after the trade deadline. He could be out for the season. Eye injury is no joke. He suffered a retinal tear. He should have kept the goggles on, because if he gets hit there one more time, the retina could completely detach from his eye and he'll go blind in one eye, and that's the end of his NBA career.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #689
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
wtf. lame. how long is he out for?
8 weeks, ironically the same amount of time remaining in the season.

And I write too!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #690
bboyt3nsk
Zilvia Member

bboyt3nsk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bboyt3nsk
Cavs almost got Shaq...I dont think it would have worked, honestly. Def, fun to speculate and Im sure the media would have took that and just ran if the trade was actually real and went through,

Gotta shut down powe and Big Baby down and get some distance while garnett is out. Cleveland needs home court advantage!

Ive never heard of a detached retina before. I thought it was attached or useless!