Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
What Crazy Electrical gremlins do you have??

Ill start off. When I turn on my map lights my seatbelt lights turn on. Also before i redid my steering wheel my horn would only honk when turned 180deg. Also when my auto seatbelt opens my clock turns of and only turns on when its closed.

What strange elec problems do you guys have?
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
My headlights turn on but don't pop up, I have to push the dash button for them to come up. Just started happening a couple of months ago.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
rancid240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (72)
rancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enoughrancid240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 72 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra
My headlights turn on but don't pop up, I have to push the dash button for them to come up. Just started happening a couple of months ago.

Same here.......
rancid240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
hay_hay13

Trader Rating: (0)
hay_hay13 is making a name for him/her selfhay_hay13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancid240 View Post
Same here.......
yeah that happens to me too. but whenever that happens the lights for the ac/fan/temp controls are either off or flickering its weird.....
hay_hay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancid240 View Post
Same here.......
me too!!! wat could it be?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
rahjah
Leaky Injector

rahjah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
My headlights only pop up when I pull back on the headlight switch for my high beams. Weird.
rahjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
silver_s13

silver_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
That?s probably either the switch itself or a relay.
silver_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Whenever I adjust my drivers seat (slide it forward or back) my seatbelt chime will randomly go off for the following week. That's my S13 Electrical Gremlin. Also when I bought the car my tailights were dimmer on one side, but I solved that by cleaning the grounds inside the housings.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #9
FlyingChicken
Leaky Injector

FlyingChicken is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FlyingChicken
steering wheel horn only honks at 180 degrees

for the guy that has this problem, you should take the steering wheel off lightly sand and then re-grease the contact points.

this happened to me when i put on a momo hub, i had to dremel off the plastic surrounding the hub to get a nice contact.
FlyingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM   #10
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingChicken

for the guy that has this problem, you should take the steering wheel off lightly sand and then re-grease the contact points.

this happened to me when i put on a momo hub, i had to dremel off the plastic surrounding the hub to get a nice contact.

Thanks flying chicken yeah i knocked it out when i changed to a personal wheel.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #11
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
if i open my door twice after the car cutting off the hazard lights flicker untill i put the key in and turn it. also if i use my windshield wipers for a good amount of time a day they will not cut off unless i take the fuse out.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
Pennyman

Pennyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pennyman
My girlfriend's S13 dash lights flicker between the day setting and the night setting when she has the headlights on. She also has the most schizophrenic temperature gauge known to man. I mean it jumps all over the place. Goes down while cruising goes up to max at idle. I checked the engine, it was not overheated.

My 280z doesn't have too many gremlins, but here's kinda one: I had to rewire the turnsignals, so whenever the headlights are on, it takes like 2 seconds for the signal to light up after I flip the switch.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #13
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
i have my headlights up all the time (all the way up not sleepy eyes) and sometimes the passengers sicde will go out every now and then. till i either hit the hi beams or turn it off and on again. DAMN THESE ELECTRICAL GREMLINS!!!!!
hellion240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #14
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
painless wiring now
no problems to be reported, sir!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #15
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
I got the deal with the headlights not coming up. Other then that, thats about it. *a
'90RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #16
REDSH!FT
Zilvia Junkie

REDSH!FT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan PG
painless wiring now
no problems to be reported, sir!
I hope to say the same thing once my car is all wired up.
REDSH!FT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I can only get the sunroof to go into the tilt position if its the third thursday of the month on a leap year and there is a full moon.

My horn stays stuck in a wierd way. The sound it makes is like a plusing type beep not one long beep. I pulled the fuse out months ago. lol.

I have the stock radio, when I turn it on it'll stay on for a few seconds, then turn off. I have to do this back and forth for a while untill it stays on. The CD player no longer works. (Alpine HU coming when I'm no longer broke)
Old 07-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
if i touch my wiper switch, my wipers turn on for a couple minutes then stop. People look at me for having my wipers on when all i did was use some wiper fluid.
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #19
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
all of my interior lights (except boost controller and gauges) and exterior lights pulse when the car is idling...alternator is good and so is battery

once driving everything seems to be fine or it just pulses so fast I can't tell it's happening
Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #20
Nuisance Crew
Leaky Injector

Nuisance Crew is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe
if i touch my wiper switch, my wipers turn on for a couple minutes then stop. People look at me for having my wipers on when all i did was use some wiper fluid.
I used to have the same problem, wipers wouldn't turn off unless I turned off the engine for a sec. After years of dealing with it, I replaced the wiper amp and they work perfecly again, in my SOHC it's the green box mounted to the drivers side inner fender close to the firewall
Nuisance Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #21
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
when i press my brake, all dash lights dim.

all my brake lights work..but when i press it..one of em turns off.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #22
alpalwal1

alpalwal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder

I've got something like that goind on..........

when i press the brakes my dash lights and parking lights light up

when I put the headlights on my brake lights are always on.

WTF
alpalwal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
Azzazzyn
Leaky Injector

Azzazzyn is an unknown quantity at this point
my driverside window is testy, it rolls up and down when it wants to, you can hear the relay click and you can roll it up and down, and it will click again and stop. my favorite gremlin is that you can't start my car unless you click on the corner lights. I had a chick steal my keys once and try to take my car, i laughed and said fine, you win take it. 15 minutes later, she gave up, came back in and threw my keys at me and told me i suck.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #24
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Quote:

I've got something like that goind on..........

when i press the brakes my dash lights and parking lights light up

when I put the headlights on my brake lights are always on.

WTF
I would check any grounds related to those circuits, the power could be backfeeding due to high resistance grounds. I have seen where bulb filiments have shorted to the other filiment and when the brakes were applied it lights up the dash lights because they are electrically connected. Shorts and high resistance grounds cause quite a lot of problems...
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #25
smily_vigor
Leaky Injector

smily_vigor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to smily_vigor
(S13) One day my wipers stopped working, but the way it happened I was sure it was the motor that went bad. They slowly came to a jerking stop and nerver worked again. I checked the fuse and it was perfectly fine. Being lazy I decided not to fix it (used rain x in the meanwhile). Then one day I was driving in the rain and they suddenly came on but the switch was in the off position. While that was occuring I noticed that the Cuise light on my cluster was on (the switch for that was also off). Then every bump I would hit the cruise light and the ABS (antilock) light would alternate. While one was on the other was off and vice versa. When the cruise light was on the wipers would be going but then hitting a bump the ABS light would come on and the wipers would be dead again. This went on for about three days then everything stopped (wipers stopped working again and cruise light went off) but the ABS light stayed on constant now. I drove with it like that for about a month then yesterday I decided to check all my fuses in the car again. Now the wiper fuse was blown so I replaced that and the ABS actuator relay fuse was blown too so I replaced that. (remember these fuses were all good when the problems were going on) Started the car and the ABS light was no longer on and now my wipers work perfectly with the switch. Now that is some weired shit. Now my only problem is that the car is always fogging up. The vent (or recirculation) button on the climate control works perfectly lighting up when pressed on and going on when pressed again but I don't think it's actually opening the little door or whatever it does. This obiously just started as soon as the other problems were fixed. Just my luck
smily_vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #26
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Sounds like a lot of people need to go through their vehicles and clean all the grounding points they can find. Myself included. That should solve alot of the light dimming problems at least.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #27
IWantRWD

IWantRWD is an unknown quantity at this point
my passanger low-beam is wired into the drivers low-beam, and when i hit the brights all my lights cut out..hopefully im going to fix that this weekend
IWantRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #28
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
when i roll my drivers side window down all the way, the little automatic power window amp box thingy will click, and idle drops about 200rpm, then click again and idle goes back up-i guess that thing drains alot of power lol

id fix it or get a new one, but im lazy and s14s are scarce at the local pull-a-part and those boxes are even harder to find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamslideshow
when i roll my drivers side window down all the way, the little automatic power window amp box thingy will click, and idle drops about 200rpm, then click again and idle goes back up-i guess that thing drains alot of power lol

id fix it or get a new one, but im lazy and s14s are scarce at the local pull-a-part and those boxes are even harder to find!
mine does that too...a simple solution is to put it up a centimeter after all the way down...it will not click anymore
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 PM   #30
Team Rootbeer
Zilvia Addict

Team Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really niceTeam Rootbeer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Team Rootbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean350z
mine does that too...a simple solution is to put it up a centimeter after all the way down...it will not click anymore
haha, thats exactly what i do......laziness ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodv
90% of the cars posted here are stock or with original rims painted black
I'm not an asshole but is the true..
Team Rootbeer is offline   Reply With Quote