Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:31 AM   #121
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
^what, you got Chompz editing for you too??
j/k lol
That's who everyone is using right??? I just followed the drift..
No, someone who is learning at this.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #122
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
registration is CLOSED temporily for this event.

Paid ppl:
1.Edgar S13
2.Ramon S13
3.Keith S13
4.Calvin 86
5.Adam 86
6.Karlo 86
7.Ray 86
8.Kenny 86
9.Noel 86
10.Alex S13
11.Josh S13 coupe
12.malaki magdalena
13.jeff magdalena
14. Edaciousx Andrew S14
15. Teddy S13

Pending spots
1. Albert 86
2. Jeremy and his friends
3. Shawn FC
4. DTC Ernie
5. Jack AZNDOC and Team suspect
6. VRT guys
7. Karlo's friend
8. Driftspeed/Quoc Ly

Staff
Wasabi, 2 tone chuck, RB mark, FC mike, Screech(yes from save by the bell) Rob, David yang(the Korean guy), Elmo, castro, DK lil Jack, Nate 86, and me JXN

If you arent on that list, maybe next time. ITs $150 if you want to add on the track day. Or go to the touke event on Sunday!

Last edited by Sonic Motor; 03-08-2008 at 09:40 PM..
Sonic Motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #123
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
payment sent sir
Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #124
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Man...we should rename this event....The united Street Drifters of LA

so we are going to be HELLA crowded for this event. All you staff members, Its going to be a 7 car tandem for sure LOL.

Last edited by Sonic Motor; 03-08-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Sonic Motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:16 PM   #125
Teddy
Post Whore!

Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Hella crowded = less track time = bummer
Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #126
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Hella crowded = less track time = bummer
yeah its 80 bux, it kinda sux for beginners cuz spinning out does take a lot of time...but I have a feeling all these "pros" are going to spin out too hahaha, hopefully not as much.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:10 AM   #127
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
ok should have mine as well as my friends payment in this week.

How is the event gonna go down?

15 min sessions with like 5 or more groups would mean an hour or more of waiting
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:14 AM   #128
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
shouldnt feel like anymore waiting than usual. And being able to run 15 minutes non stop is great.
It will help you learn alot faster too.

should be alot of fun.

And yes JXN, its 3am, and I am on zilvia. drinking scoth after a night at the strip clubs
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #129
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
Quote:
shouldnt feel like anymore waiting than usual. And being able to run 15 minutes non stop is great.
It will help you learn alot faster too.

should be alot of fun.

And yes JXN, its 3am, and I am on zilvia. drinking scoth after a night at the strip clubs
nice, how classy eric, haha. had my share of dranks n bitches last night. can't beat being on zilvia at 615 tho, after a very eventful night of unfortunate events at A/C. haha.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 AM   #130
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEightyDl2eamel2 View Post
ok should have mine as well as my friends payment in this week.

How is the event gonna go down?

15 min sessions with like 5 or more groups would mean an hour or more of waiting
Heres the deal.

This even is kinda like....a big exhibition.
Your friend can sign up, it wont effect anyones time. Because your group gets 15 minutes no matter what. For the people who bring MORE friends in their group, thats when stuff gets congested. And slows down.

I know the 626driftcrew staff are going to be hella congested....2 groups of 7 car tandems. Gonna be Insane as FUCK...

I think Ill take some videos tooo....Im pretty sure Castro will be taking CRAZY pictures...everyone bring your WIDE ANGLE lens lol!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #131
Teddy
Post Whore!

Yeah I'll bring my camera to shoot a video for this, since there will be a lot of down time...
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #132
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
Heres the deal.

This even is kinda like....a big exhibition.
Your friend can sign up, it wont effect anyones time. Because your group gets 15 minutes no matter what. For the people who bring MORE friends in their group, thats when stuff gets congested. And slows down.

I know the 626driftcrew staff are going to be hella congested....2 groups of 7 car tandems. Gonna be Insane as FUCK...

I think Ill take some videos tooo....Im pretty sure Castro will be taking CRAZY pictures...everyone bring your WIDE ANGLE lens lol!
damn! i dont have wide angle lenses!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #133
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
JXN, if your coming to the BBQ, I will pay for my spot then. If not I will give it to the HOT DOG KING ^
Old 03-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #134
JKim0901
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
JKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfectionJKim0901 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sounds sweet, im just not sure to be in team corolla or team rotory....
JKim0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #135
Teddy
Post Whore!

So if I understand this correctly, here is how track time works. There are 6 groups theoretically. Every group gets 15 minutes. So that means that there are 5 groups other than yours. 5 X 15 = 75 minutes. So every hour and 15 minutes, you get 15 minutes.

If its an 8 hour day, each group will only get to run about 7 times. 7 X 15 = 105 (1h45m) total run. And thats with your group, not individually. So if there are 5 cars in your group, that would average out to 3 minutes per car, so 105/ 3 = 35 minutes total individual run time.

Somehow, it just seems like we're getting less track time than a regular event? Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #136
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
Heres the deal.

i'll stick to the not so CRAZY family, portraits & candids back in the pit, parking & spectators areas. I'll waive the sitting fees if you show me some inner marvel, capcom character!
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #137
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
So if I understand this correctly, here is how track time works. There are 6 groups theoretically. Every group gets 15 minutes. So that means that there are 5 groups other than yours. 5 X 15 = 75 minutes. So every hour and 15 minutes, you get 15 minutes.

If its an 8 hour day, each group will only get to run about 7 times. 7 X 15 = 105 (1h45m) total run. And thats with your group, not individually. So if there are 5 cars in your group, that would average out to 3 minutes per car, so 105/ 3 = 35 minutes total individual run time.

Somehow, it just seems like we're getting less track time than a regular event? Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.
If youve never gone buck wild on a drift course with a couple buddies, then you have no idea. You are thinking way too hard.

Just show up. Dont spin out. and bring more tires than usual
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #138
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
its 15 minutes of constant running with your group. If you have like 3-5 drivers and you are all to par you guys can be running constantly. aka no waiting in line. which means you'll have equivalent run time in a group of 15 people with more wait. This will be a challenge of car stamina (aka car cooling) and tires.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #139
elmo126

Trader Rating: (0)
elmo126 will become famous soon enoughelmo126 will become famous soon enoughelmo126 will become famous soon enoughelmo126 will become famous soon enoughelmo126 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
its 15 minutes of constant running with your group. If you have like 3-5 drivers and you are all to par you guys can be running constantly. aka no waiting in line. which means you'll have equivalent run time in a group of 15 people with more wait. This will be a challenge of car stamina (aka car cooling) and tires.

lol then i dont think imma last that long LOL
elmo126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #140
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im running withouot my front bumper...and will be installing my oil cooler ASAP!
Castro is absolutley right....
If you have ever seen our insane staff runs, then youll understand.
But we start dropping like flies, cuz tires dont last us for crap!
Blackparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #141
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
fuck i didnt even think about the coolant thing...sucks for me
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #142
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240love View Post
fuck i didnt even think about the coolant thing...sucks for me
Time to invest into electric fans, oil coolers and reservoirs that have no cracks... dont forget regular maintenance/tune-ups

btw: if anyone is typically running a little hot (since the hotter part of the year is almost here), try a product called WaterWetter by Red Line Oil. This stuff cools as much as 30 deg. by adding better heat transfer properties/chemicals to the existing or new coolant system. WaterWetter is also compatible with almost every application from different antifreezes to brass, aluminum and copper radiators.

Best of all, its only 10 bucks! try it...
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #143
90 DGRZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection90 DGRZ is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90 DGRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by let5l1de View Post
Time to invest into electric fans, oil coolers and reservoirs that have no cracks... dont forget regular maintenance/tune-ups

btw: if anyone is typically running a little hot (since the hotter part of the year is almost here), try a product called WaterWetter by Red Line Oil. This stuff cools as much as 30 deg. by adding better heat transfer properties/chemicals to the existing or new coolant system. WaterWetter is also compatible with almost every application from different antifreezes to brass, aluminum and copper radiators.

yea, i have a whole bottle of that shit in my koyo right now (altho it said to only use like i think half or 3/4 of it) and since then i've never had cooling problems at the track, even during full blown staff time!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #144
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
good cooling setup (havent overheated as of yet-even at htm summer time)
ka-turbo floor it as much as possible
fluidyne radiator
good hoses and water pump
no thermostat
no heater core (motor part is looped)
clutch fan
part shop max oil cooler
earls -10 lines and random ebay adapter for oil... no thermostat.
also my fmic is small and where the ac thing goes right in front of the radiator
back of my hood is vented.
also i havent had a front bumper in a long time but i dont think that has much of a difference
10w40 redline oil
all water with one thing of water wetter
Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #145
Teddy
Post Whore!

Quote:
You are thinking way too hard.
Yeah thats what I figured...

Quote:
This will be a challenge of car stamina (aka car cooling) and tires.
Damn and I cracked my radiator at the last event, so I guess I can't just rely on JB Weld. lol.

But since you guys put it that way, it makes a lot more sense... Thank you, Eric.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #146
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by let5l1de View Post

i have e fans and run water wetter too, dont have an oil cooler though. But still RBs run hot as hell
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #147
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
a common mistake that I see people do, is run without fan shrouds.

last event my car peaked at ~78 deg C when it was after a run and turbo timing. On the tack it was about ~75 deg C.

Side mount + koyo + nismo thermostat + 19 row dual pass oil cooler + stock clutch fan+ 15-50wt Mobile 1

is my setup.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #148
FCDRIFT
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
FCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
hahaha, hey jason ur gonna have to go up against ur best buddy elmo!!! WOOOT! oh, team rotary is gonna kick ass if all goes as planned with a special surprise guest.....DUNN DUNNN DUNNNNNN....!
FCDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #149
FCDRIFT
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
FCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfectionFCDRIFT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
steve u run stock boost with a side mount so of course u have no problems with cooling!!! i envy u....
FCDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #150
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

[quote=S13Teddy;1888768]
Damn and I cracked my radiator at the last event, so I guess I can't just rely on JB Weld. lol.
[quote]

I have a semi new Rad that I took out of my vert, pm me if want it for cheap. (stock)