Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #121
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
drifting for feb 2nd is balcony only..the 2 day event is the following month correct jxn?
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #122
onyxaltezza

Trader Rating: (0)
onyxaltezza is making a name for him/her selfonyxaltezza is making a name for him/her selfonyxaltezza is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeha I get what you guys are seaying...but welded diff on an MR2 puts a LOT more strain on the drivetrain than it would on lets say an FR car like S13s S14s, etc...and people go through brand new sets of tires like every 15K miles...not something I can afford. Anyways I just foudn a non LSD tranny for $100 so Im going to throw that into since my diff currently is blow, and then save up for a tranny with the stock viscous LSD in it, even though that still runs $1100ish.

Another thing is yeah the angles wont be all that, but thats why im going to start attending these events. People that Ive seen accomplish drifting an MR2 well, can pretty much drift anything else out there, and thats my goal ;D

You guys should check this out, no one on earth ever thought this was even possible...DROOL. The dude is freakn amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9jWZDRLhX-0

Anyways the term HTM refers to Horse Theif Mile right?

-Aaron
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #123
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
My clutch is starting to slip now...
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #124
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Thats a pretty cool vid. I have never seen an MR2 drift before in person. Well I have never seen one drift well. lol.
karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #125
onyxaltezza

onyxaltezza is making a name for him/her selfonyxaltezza is making a name for him/her selfonyxaltezza is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
My clutch is starting to slip now...
Go with ACT!

BTW Ive been meaning to ask you guys also what TYPE clutches you guys use? OEM replacements from Exedy or ACT? Clutchmasters? Or do you guys prefer puck types? Lightened flywheel help with response during transitions, etc?

Ahhhh I cant wait. But Im scared to go hahaha. Boosted 16 Year old car is like a ticking time bomb. Wonder if my car will even MAKE it to the track itself hahaha.

-Aaron
Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #126
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxaltezza View Post
Go with ACT!
Man, I don't even know what to do. I think I'm just gonna go find a KADE and tranny, and swap it in soon. Then I'll go with like a stage 2 or 3 Exedy or ACT for when I slap on my turbo.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #127
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Yeha I get what you guys are seaying...but welded diff on an MR2 puts a LOT more strain on the drivetrain than it would on lets say an FR car like S13s S14s, etc...and people go through brand new sets of tires like every 15K miles...not something I can afford. Anyways I just foudn a non LSD tranny for $100 so Im going to throw that into since my diff currently is blow, and then save up for a tranny with the stock viscous LSD in it, even though that still runs $1100ish.

Another thing is yeah the angles wont be all that, but thats why im going to start attending these events. People that Ive seen accomplish drifting an MR2 well, can pretty much drift anything else out there, and thats my goal ;D

You guys should check this out, no one on earth ever thought this was even possible...DROOL. The dude is freakn amazing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9jWZDRLhX-0

Anyways the term HTM refers to Horse Theif Mile right?

-Aaron

pretty koo video!!!

WALLACE FAIL! j/k~

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #128
Inlandsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
Inlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inlandsilvia
JXN...can i get down with you guys on this event. I will know for sure on monday if I have the day off work.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #129
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlandsilvia View Post
JXN...can i get down with you guys on this event. I will know for sure on monday if I have the day off work.

of course, you are always welcomed

On another note:

some pix from Sunday, at HTM last time

So who wants to go?

Email driftcrew626 AT yahoo.com
Old 01-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #130
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Go with ACT!

BTW Ive been meaning to ask you guys also what TYPE clutches you guys use? OEM replacements from Exedy or ACT? Clutchmasters? Or do you guys prefer puck types? Lightened flywheel help with response during transitions, etc?

Ahhhh I cant wait. But Im scared to go hahaha. Boosted 16 Year old car is like a ticking time bomb. Wonder if my car will even MAKE it to the track itself hahaha.

-Aaron
first i use an os giken twin plate with flywheel. that shit rocks!

as for the 16 y/o car welcome to what the rest of us have dealt with for the last couple of years. drive for tow is always a hard decision when thinking about attending one of jxn's great events!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #131
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
looks like a good turn out!

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #132
onyxaltezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHESUS*PECT View Post
as for the 16 y/o car welcome to what the rest of us have dealt with for the last couple of years. drive for tow is always a hard decision when thinking about attending one of jxn's great events!

hahaha its a little different though. boost = unreliable. sigh.

As far as Ive seen in person and heard from people I know, SR20/KA-T is wayyyyy more reliable and has way less problems than my 3SGTE motor ;[

Plus stuff in the engine gay is so easy to acces in you guys cars. HAHAH. Hate working on my engine. Anyways Trailoring is not a problem. Just gotta find something to tow the trailer lol. Still lookin =D

-Aaron
Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #133
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Im Down To Goto Htm Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #134
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!HTM!!!!!..........Im ready!!!!!!!
Blackparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #135
Equinox
Zilvia Member

Equinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Equinox
I'm in for HTM
Old 01-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #136
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Send me some money, I need 15 drifters signed up and PAID for HTM before we can go at march.

If not, it will be pushed to may. I need it by Jan 31st.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #137
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
Im gonna bring out two buddies next event. Ill have them pay next fri...I wont see them till then so yea.....see ya at the meet...
Lets get some girls to come....im tired of this cockfest!!!jk
castro and chuck will be there,i dont want them to get jelous.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #138
yangs14
Zilvia Junkie

yangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond reputeyangs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to yangs14
dood i neeeeed to have my car out to this one...damn it!!!! im sooo broke....i should just start selling drugs now XD jkkk thats how much 626's drift event (seat time) is worth to me that i would dooo many illegal things to go to this event O_o lolol j/k guys(please dont pink me i was only jp) but yah sooo much seat timeee everyone needs to goooo
yangs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #139
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

sell your self to 110 fat chicks for $1. then youll be good!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #140
onyxaltezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackparade View Post
sell your self to 110 fat chicks for $1. then youll be good!
Yah you can advertise rite hurrr

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/cgi...category=ers:D

-Aaron
Old 01-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #141
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

haha!!!!!!
Do it!!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #142
Equinox
Zilvia Member

Equinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enoughEquinox will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by carparthookup View Post
Send me some money, I need 15 drifters signed up and PAID for HTM before we can go at march.

If not, it will be pushed to may. I need it by Jan 31st.
$110 correct? Drifting only? No grip run groups?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #143
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
$110 correct? Drifting only? No grip run groups?
price on HTM is $120 for drift.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #144
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

come on guys in wanna see more interest!!!!! this is HTM!!!!!!
Speak up if you wanna go. Trust me when i say you have to go!!!! Its insane!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #145
gripstr
Zilvia Junkie

gripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfectiongripstr is close to perfection
Hey JXN, whats the word on Brian?

Sorry my phone has been unhooked for the past 2 weeks
Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #146
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripstr View Post
Hey JXN, whats the word on Brian?

Sorry my phone has been unhooked for the past 2 weeks
i dont have his # saved. ill talk to him on aim next time.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #147
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sliders562 Send a message via Yahoo to Sliders562
still more spots, if u enjoyed touke rush here! i can vouch for a good event ^_^ keep it up 626
Old 01-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #148
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Its almost time!!!!!!!!
Put time into your cars early!!!!
No hydro ebrake for this event =(
But im getting my reg ebrake fixed=)
Karl, jack, castro, jxn, chuck get ready for some crazzzzzzzyyyyyyy fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #149
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i hate wiring!!!!
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #150
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Sliders562 Send a message via Yahoo to Sliders562
more practice lets invade each others events we are all friends but when november comes what does that mean? >_<