Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #31
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah but then you have to live in So Cal. Yuck.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

OMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to OMGWTFBBQ
moving to bro cal is not an option.

something will be figured out
night drift isnt over
Old 05-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #33
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
very very sad news... stuff thats been bothering me and that ive been thinking about randomly today..

so..... alameda lets nascar race at altamont, which have cars that are probably louder and more non environmentally friendly.... but doesnt allow drifting???

i wonder if its becuase night drift will be on a thursday and not a weekend like nascar...

and what about last year??? alameda just all the sudden changed their mind?

sounds more of altamont being fishy but yeah who knows WTH is going on... altamont's website does show drifting every first and third thursday.. lets hope THEY actually will short this out instead backing out.. but its not looking that way.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #34
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
qualcomm and ca speedway

we still have willow springs, irwindale, and now, thanks to drift buffet, el toro
Old 05-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #35
luckyrb13
Leaky Injector

luckyrb13 is making a name for him/her selfluckyrb13 is making a name for him/her selfluckyrb13 is making a name for him/her self
This fing sucks I rushed so hard to get my car together before this event and now its cancelled or taken away forever. there has got to be some kinda of legalities that can be worked out. THe fact that so many people were suppose to go to an event already and the city then decided to pull the permits, just seems like its unjust there has to be something we can do. I mean if this event is closed down atleast we can try and fight to make one for a later time. iam so butthurt right now. aghhh
Old 05-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #36
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

phrozen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to phrozen
the nice thing about altamont is that its cheap. and its central to everyone pretty much less then an hour away from any of the usuals that show up... we can run thunder hill or buttonwillow still, but its 150 and event and its 2+ horus atleast to get there for most ppl. norcal drifting isnt over, drifting for cheap at altamont is. for all you ppl that dont say give up, u swear its just like ok we show up at the track and they let us in. theres alot more to it i.e. permits, insurance, blah blah blah. its not over its just gonna get expensive now

Please do not put your sig pic back if it exceeds this.
-Moderation
Old 05-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #37
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Wut the fook ever happend to infineon? Didnt NCDA had a couple of events there a couple of years ago? I mean if they let NASA and Formula D do their shiet, why cant you guys do it there too? Umm...also, anybody tried to check out areas in frisko and sac? I know NASA have some events at the old McClelan AFB grounds in Sac. Ive had friends who literally auto-x at the old runway!!! Same thing in frisko, aint there an old navy base in alameda??? You guys should see bout trying to get a permit for that kinda shiet.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #38
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
willow springs isnt
neither is irwindale (requires suit)

willow springs 2-3 times a month.
fuck cone dodge.

cali speedway might open up again
what else was there? quallcomm? duh we knew that wouldnt last, not rocket science there.

buttonwillow is still around too.

as far as the distance goes
we drive 2 hours + (seomtes 3-4 hours) to get to willow springs. big whoop.

wouldnt count on el toro lasting too long. and the surface SUUUUCKS! omg its the worst.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:39 AM   #39
wanganwonder
Zilvia Addict

wanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to beholdwanganwonder is a splendid one to behold
fucking emo kids

go turn off the lights and listen to linkin park while you cry
Old 05-17-2006, 03:06 AM   #40
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
u guys just don't understand how much this meant to us up here...=(
Old 05-17-2006, 03:08 AM   #41
HerbReal
Zilvia Junkie

HerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond reputeHerbReal has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HerbReal
If we take this matter to the County city council and all of us drifters/enthusiasts show up at their meetings and bring up this matter im super sure there will be a second chance for us people. as long as we back it up with good representation to show the council members, I.E.A drifting event in a enclosed private course will keep away the trouble makers(Wanna be drifters/touge kids) from doing speed exhibition on freeways and mountain roads. Plus by doing this, more counties will spread this news and we could probabbly get more places I.E. SF or Sacramento etc etc to let us have events hopefully every week. its a lot of people force and it doesnt hurt to try. This thursday would have been my first drifting event and i was actually looking very very forward to this and for the past week i have been searching begging people for parts for my s13 and take my friends time to help me work on my car. Norcal drifting shouldnt be a phase, for most of us its a life's sport so dont give up peeps, lets get this rolling.

Herb
[email protected]
Old 05-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #42
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
f'n BS i tell u..... this is why i drink so much because of retarded stuff like this.... if altamont doesnt happen... im selling my car and forgetting about slidin...
Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #43
cfrost
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfectioncfrost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cfrost
hey guys, I'm thinking about organizing a group buy on kleenex, anybody interested??
Old 05-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #44
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Seriously, If you guys want to drift in the meantime, just drive down to Socal for events. Back in 2003, I lived in the midwest, and had to drive 10 hours one way to get to the nearest event, but I did it for love of the sport. I moved to Socal to be able to drive more. If you guys truly love drifting, then you will find a way to do it, no matter what gets thrown at you.
What happened in altamont sucks, but don't let it ruin the rest of your lives.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #45
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Shit is getting expensive EVERYWHERE.

Just Drift is $105 entrance, but WSIR charges $10 per person at the gate (wtf). So $115.

Drift Day is $120 cone dodging. $150 if you sign up "late" or some shit.

Buttonwillow is $130-150

How much was Altamont? and what will it be at if you could get it re-opened? Listen... talk to people about getting a new venue available for your use and they'll listen... when you bring up how much $$ they stand to make. Yeah, ideally everyone in the world would do things just out of love and passion, but flash the $ sign at some old croagies who own a parking lot/track and all of a sudden figures start scrolling through in their head. How many race car drivers also own a track? Not many, most track owners don't drive anymore and are concerned with $

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #46
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

altamont last season it was 50 bucks an event, this year the price was 60 bucks. cheapest and funnest events, it was nice to see the usuals even tho we live up to 3 horus away from eachother it was nice to see everyone every other thursday,

-Moderation
Old 05-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #47
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

guess its time to fix my sc300 and vip it and put the s14 in the garage

-Moderation
Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #48
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You SoCal guys sure are funny. . .

You would all probably kill yourselves immediately if drifting events got cancelled. You don't care when you lose ONE of your venues, we only have one, and it seems that we have lost it, instead of being dicks, try to see where we're coming from.

There's a thread on www.NCDA.net on potential plans and solutions to this no ND thread.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:27 AM   #49
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Ok, so what I am saying is offer them to hold events at $100 a head per event, cover their fucking insurance, cut a nice little profit, and get them to ahem.. "handle" that permit issue.

Fuck.

I don't mean to be rude or anything guys... but that's like getting free lapdances from a stripper all night and then she asks for you to buy her a drink for the next song and you guys get all butthurt. Fucking pay like eveyone else then you can sneak a couple of grabs or tell her where exactly to ride it and rub her little you know on your uh oh. I mean c'mon.

Point is, again, $. In this day and age, you can't have events related to "street racing", like people call it, and expect everyone to be ok with it and "yeah yeah go go" supportive. We aren't drag racing 32 Ford and 57 Chevy hotrods. If that were the case, America would let us do whatever we want, where ever we want b/c its part of this nostalgiac Americana image. Sad but true.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #50
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
You SoCal guys sure are funny. . .

You would all probably kill yourselves immediately if drifting events got cancelled. You don't care when you lose ONE of your venues, we only have one, and it seems that we have lost it, instead of being dicks, try to see where we're coming from.

There's a thread on www.NCDA.net on potential plans and solutions to this no ND thread.
actually smart guy, NO
we lost mm let's see

camarillo
cali speedway
irwindale (outside) and inside requires suit and grip of cash
streets of willow (we only use balcony and oval now)
hmm el toro (but its coming back now)
quallcomm

you guys lost..what 1? 2 places?

please.

hawaii lost their track and i can think fo at least 3 people who moved out to california to persue drifting and shipped their car.

if we lost drifting here i would move as well. no doubt.
i love it that much.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:54 AM   #51
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
that 2 places is THE only local places we had.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #52
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

so hawaii had one..and its gone.
and people moved here
whats your point?
moving from hawaii to california is a bit farther and harder then moving from norcal to so cal or driving

let's see...8 -10 hour drive
or shipping your car for 3 weeks and cost about 1k
plus all your ownings and finding new job/new place to live.
you do the math
Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #53
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Yeah, because moving away from your job, family, and everything else that means alot to you for something that I may attend once or twice a month makes sense. It's a hobby, not a means of living.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:08 PM   #54
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

well if u arent serious about it then yeah make the drive
depends how badly u want something
go the distance or make some sacrifices. thats all it is
at the moment i'dmake the drive
save the vacation and road trip to seattle or portland for an event.
yeah i'd do it.
i cant get enough. ill sacrafice it all
i mean i already dumped way to much into the car. thats a waste right there.

if you wat something you'll get off the internet and bust your ass to do things.

but maybe thats just me tlaking in my old age and expirience. (im 27)
Old 05-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #55
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

Well of course don't move!

Get a move on... getting them to open the track to you guys. THink about the stripper! You guys WERE paying $50... We used to pay $100. Now its up to $150 some times. Avg of $120+.

Show them that they would be getting 200% in profits and i GARUANTEE some more doors will open.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #56
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Well, on the NCDA forums, I already said I wouldn't mind paying $100. I don't know what's going on, I'm just saying that NOT having the event at all is the worst part. I'm not complaining about the event fee, YET.

Old 05-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #57
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
i do not have a point, im just letting you know we only had two locations here. its really sad to see that ncda got cancelled. but i do wanna drift.

so right now, im looking the the next justdrift event.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #58
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
looks like i'm stuck drifting on the ps2 for now. it can't be over, i don't see why the altamont officials would be bias against us. how else would they make money those thursday nights. its hard to believe that the altamont officials would be against us people who attend and worship their track. as for those street drifters, imitation is not the most sincere form of flattery here.

infineon is fun

yeah i don't think my hunger strike is working guys, especially since i'm at home. and- *thud*.....
Old 05-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #59
santacruisin
Zilvia Junkie

santacruisin is an unknown quantity at this point
I would say there is much more going on surrounding the demise of Night Drift than just "permits." We have been screwed by somebody and it probably isn't just the county of Alameda.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #60
phrozen
Zilvia FREAK!

whats with all the bitching. jesus christ. plz close this socal has their tracks we have our tracks... we just have to make use of other venues until those get shut down too and shell out twice the price... stop all the bitching and shit this is stupid

-Moderation
Closed Thread