Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
My S13.4 project build thread. 56k no no

Well Ive been a member on here for quite awhile so just thought I would share my build Ive been working on for the past 8 months.

Seth
Just thought Id share my build, that I have over on our forum.

The car itself is a 93 S13 Coupe. S13.4 Conversion, Rb20det swap, Stance Coils and all of the good stuff. This is not a show car, this car is going to be a track/street whore, I just like clean cars.
This is the second car Ive started on...lol..Allow me to introduce you to the first.

The first chassis I bought was super clean on the outside, I figured it would be just as clean underneath and on the rails, boy was I wrong.

Hard to believe this car was a rust bucket.....

Once the engine and Interior were removed the cancer was found.

So I decided to clip the car with a RHD shell. Well that was going great until one day while bored I went to put my subframe connectors in, only to found the rear of the chassis was rotted away to almost nothing. So not only was I now out of 2 months of work, I was out of a car in general.

The car ready for the RHD, until the rear rust was found.

So, after searching for a few weeks for another coupe that was rust free I happen to come across the one I have now. It was so clean, not a spot of rust, the car was a Arizona car and had only been in Indiana for the last year. Only problem was it was hacked by the previous owner who thought he could make his own tube chassis and 1pc doghouse...lol

I knew I could clip the car and go RHD, but the car was too clean to chop, and after a few people told me I could never make it a car again, I had it set in my mind that this was the car I was going to build.

I will post the original posts from here on out in this thread. Just wanted to give people the 411 who might be interested in this nightmare Ive created for myself....lol

Seth

March 6th, 2007

Well Ive lost over a month of time in the old 240sx coupe. It was a really nice car on the outside, but the underneath and the front structure have been far from great. I have and I repeat have NEVER thought about giving up on this whole project. Just had to take some time to get things lined up and regroup my thoughts on where to go from here. Most people who know me, would know that patience isnt one of my stronger points and this car along with all the parts would be for sale on some Nissan site.

On to the good news. I did score a new coupe and its absolutely beautiful inside and out. Except for the front end. So with that being said, Ive decided to ditch the RHD theory and just put the OEM structure back on this car, using the JDM clip pieces. The car is far to nice and clean to just chop in half. If anything I will keep the JDM clip and components and do a firewall clip on it over next years winter break.

Thanks for all of the interest in the project. I know it will turn out to the car I want it to be. I know Im going to need help soon though. Ive done pretty much all of this alone, it was that hard just would be nice to have some extra hands around. I dont know what I need help with yet, but if anyone wants to volunteer I wouldnt turn them down. However please dont feel that your obligated to do so.

Onto the pics

Rolling my new whip outta the trailor.

March 13th, 2007

Anyhow, this weekends updates are as followed:

Cut the RHD up for the pieces I need to use for the new coupe.

Exhibit A

These next two pics are of the complete Right Rail and Partial Left Rail removed from the RHD.

I could only use half of the left rail on the RHD due to the fact that the car was hit in the left front corner wrinkling the rail and inner structure. Currently working on getting the other portion of this off my old silver coupe.

This process hasnt been hard, but drilling out factory spot welds can take some time and patience, oh and really good spot cutting bits.......

Updated April 26th, 2007

Well with the help from Jay and my buddy Chris we drilled a shit ton of spot welds out on Sunday. Thanks again Jay for coming down and learning the joys of spot weld removal...lol...After a few more hours last night of straightening out the sections of the new rails and inner structure. They are soon to be welded on and ready to be sanded down for a engine bay paint job overhaul. Ive started to work on the inside at the moment too, trying to maybe get a head start on the RB install. Hopefully Donnie(red 350z) will be over in the next day or so to weld this bitch up for good.

My buddy Chris drilling out the old rails to make room for the new rails to sleave into.

Jay was the new guy in spot weld 101 but he knocked some serious shit out.

I think it was Union Break Time

I did get some new parts for the 240 on friday.

Version Select IV front bumper (from my old s14)