Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
4g240

Trader Rating: (0)
4g240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will a a340e fit in a s13?

Can anyone tell me if a a340e automatic out of a Toyota Supra will fit into a s13 I have looked all over Google and other sources and nothing other then someone is using it in a s14 and going 7s. But that doesn't tell me if the chassis had to be modified cut or bashed to get it to fit. Need my car mobile in the next few months and these are basically free and I already have a transmission controller that is just sitting. I'm going manual in the future but for now just need it to drive.
4g240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yes, be prepared to beat the fuk out of the tunnel, n ofcourse custom trans mount
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i've ran an a340e in an s13 for 10+ years. fits good, one thing i wish i would have done is massaged the area by the starter so i can change the starter easier. otherwise nothing needs to be done other than a crossmember.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
4g240

Thanks that helps me a lot, do you know what bell housing you used wether it was a J1 j2 or j3? I would be using a j1
Old 10-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
4g240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
i've ran an a340e in an s13 for 10+ years. fits good, one thing i wish i would have done is massaged the area by the starter so i can change the starter easier. otherwise nothing needs to be done other than a crossmember.
Also do you have any other tips for installing it? What are you using to controll the trans ? I have a trans controller called a smart 100.1 from forcedfour that can totally replace the factory TCU
Old 10-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #6
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
I have only used J3 bell housings. i have an extra i'd sell cheap if you're in need.

I used the stock ecu with a mapecu2 for a while, then an AEM EMS V2 and now i'm on a pro-efi 128 setup. I'm not familiar with the smart unit for controlling the trans. If memory serves me right i used the tech2 crossmember with the auto supra mount. i'll have to see if i have any pictures of it.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:25 PM   #7
4g240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
I have only used J3 bell housings. i have an extra i'd sell cheap if you're in need.

I used the stock ecu with a mapecu2 for a while, then an AEM EMS V2 and now i'm on a pro-efi 128 setup. I'm not familiar with the smart unit for controlling the trans. If memory serves me right i used the tech2 crossmember with the auto supra mount. i'll have to see if i have any pictures of it.
Ok I will keep that in mind we will try the j1 and see where it lands us if it doesn't work out I will at least have my bell housing for when I put my cd009 in. I will do using a link stormX for the engine and it may be able to control the trans as well . The smart 100.1 was intended to be used for my DSM but I'm putting that build off for a while but it is confirmed to work with the a340e . I have a w58 in the car currently but the trans was junk so hopefully my trans mount can be altered to fit the a340e I read it uses the same mount as the r154 but the placement is different.