Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #121
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That all depends. If they have given you notice that you must be a member in order to participate, they are only intitled to give you a refund if you request it prior to the event. If you request the refund at the time of the event they are not required to refund anything to you.

Because of this Thread even existing this is documented proof that everyone who signed up is aware of the fact that the event is for registered members. This thread becomes legal.

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
knghtryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #122
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Trader Rating: (7)
CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
OK guys I got to the bottom of this for all of us... there is effectively only 27 drivers reg'd for the event.

There will be a skidpad and coned course... the coned course is not defined yet, but will be laid out on Friday... I may go out there and help

Non-NASA members will not be required to pay the fee... BUT they will be having a number of events including drift at THill in 2 weeks where the whole track is utilized this time.

So we only got to pay $10 at the door and pass tech and we're cool...

-Jay
Old 02-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #123
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Since you did not know when you signed up, your are legally required to notify them immediately and request a refund before the event takes place.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #124
Agent_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Agent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thanks for the heads up Jerry!

Had this big response written but its been covered. Looks like its only $49 + $10 entrance fee.

A skidpad isn't too exciting, niether is a cone course... but since I have no seat time/experience this will be fun for us newbies (aka me).

Though I assume if we want to particpate in future events (THill in a few weeks), we'll have to have proof of NASA membership then. I'm glad they realized THEIR mistake in signups and make it more clear for their THill event. (I'd hate to see everyone linking to this thread about how they didn't ask for membership or something)

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe

Last edited by Agent_S13; 02-03-2004 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: answered while I posted...
Agent_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:59 PM   #125
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

CleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond reputeCleanS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by knghtryde
That all depends. If they have given you notice that you must be a member in order to participate, they are only intitled to give you a refund if you request it prior to the event. If you request the refund at the time of the event they are not required to refund anything to you.

Because of this Thread even existing this is documented proof that everyone who signed up is aware of the fact that the event is for registered members. This thread becomes legal.
The thread becomes legal... YES... BUT the fact is that they were not in sync with their own policy and the details were not mentioned. The registration is an acting contract and should be upheld by both parties... whatever who cares...

We got an all out drift thing for $49 and if we're not satisfied with only Saturday... Jerry says that we can spill over to Sunday if needed!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #126
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

So just let us now after the event how it ends up.

Old 02-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #127
mooboy
Zilvia Junkie

mooboy is making a name for him/her selfmooboy is making a name for him/her self
whew, glad that was cleared up.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #128
turbospeedmuffin
Leaky Injector

turbospeedmuffin is making a name for him/her selfturbospeedmuffin is making a name for him/her selfturbospeedmuffin is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to turbospeedmuffin
howdy folks,

Im rolling out on sat morning, so if anybody else from the easy bay or wherever want to caravan, let me know !

email me at [email protected]

-daniel
turbospeedmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:11 PM   #129
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Cool. Finally cleared up. I will be going for sure then. Just need some rear brake pads...I think I will be okay on the front...?
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 02:16 PM   #130
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

MikeDeuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Good stuff Jay, glad you could get through to them.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:32 PM   #131
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

I'm just saying hopefully it works out for you guys. I'm not gonna go, not worth it. I'm not gonna pay $95 dollars. I hope I'm wrong, but that legal argument won't pursuade me. I'm a paralegal so I know the legality of it.

I'm just hoping that the guys you're dealing with are kewl and don't decide to skrew you all over.

GOOD LUCK

Old 02-03-2004, 03:38 PM   #132
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEATrice
OK guys I got to the bottom of this for all of us... there is effectively only 27 drivers reg'd for the event.

There will be a skidpad and coned course... the coned course is not defined yet, but will be laid out on Friday... I may go out there and help

Non-NASA members will not be required to pay the fee... BUT they will be having a number of events including drift at THill in 2 weeks where the whole track is utilized this time.

So we only got to pay $10 at the door and pass tech and we're cool...

-Jay

knghtryde, just to let you know its been covered. We're not getting screwed over!
Drift Unit
Old 02-03-2004, 03:41 PM   #133
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Wow nice, i had to dig deep in my empty pockets if i had to pay an extra 35 for membership....

I know i sound like a broken record.. but i really need to borrow helmet =(
Old 02-03-2004, 03:45 PM   #134
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

Kewl... I didn't see that post... So then I'm glad everything is worked out...

Old 02-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #135
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
Quote:
Originally Posted by knghtryde
I'm just saying hopefully it works out for you guys. I'm not gonna go, not worth it. I'm not gonna pay $95 dollars.
its still worth it..compare to the other events..
Old 02-04-2004, 12:26 PM   #136
dct223
Nissanaholic!

dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
I might have to cancel on going... if i cant find a helmet before saturday

-1 s14
Old 02-04-2004, 01:26 PM   #137
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223
I might have to cancel on going... if i cant find a helmet before saturday
M85 is a pretty low standard, have you checked any motorcycle stores for a cheapie helmet? I've seen some sell open face helmets for < $50. Maybe you could even find one that will rent a helmet?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #138
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

Like this:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...m=BEL_107031_G

I *bet* that's better than M85... My motorcycle helmet is from 6 years ago and it's better than M85.

Or even this one for $40:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=VAN_02-2322_G

Just need sunglasses with that one I think because of the eye protection req.

Last edited by MikeDeuce; 02-04-2004 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: adding URL
MikeDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:43 PM   #139
dct223
Nissanaholic!

HRM... theres a cycle gear shop thats pretty close to me, ill go check it out see if i can buy it for 50 at the store.. thanks!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #140
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
Quote:
The thread becomes legal... YES... BUT the fact is that they were not in sync with their own policy and the details were not mentioned. The registration is an acting contract and should be upheld by both parties... whatever who cares...

We got an all out drift thing for $49 and if we're not satisfied with only Saturday... Jerry says that we can spill over to Sunday if needed!!!

I got work on Saturday. but i'd like to come on Sunday. Do you think they will accept new entries if it "spills over?" who's Jerry?
Old 02-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #141
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

The spill to Sunday is for those that don't get time if more than 50 people register. Jerry K is the Norcal NASA guy. He said there's only about 30 or so people reg'd so far... since this event is their first... they might allow you to go on sunday *IF* Sunday even happens. I guess we just have to convince them that we didn't get enough practice

You can never get enough drift practice when you won't hit curbs or chance getting tickets IMO!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:21 PM   #142
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
here is the newest update as of 2-4-03:

Drifting:

The drifting will start at 9am. There is very limited space, however at this time there are still some slots open. A previous email sent about this stated that membership is required. It is in fact required, however because our system was faulty it allowed people to sign up without membership this time, we will accept them without membership. We plan on doing a number of these all year long. The next one will require membership.
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #143
CleanS14
it's NOT a show car!!

Lets see if we can convince them to let us run on sunday too!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:55 PM   #144
MikeDeuce
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Lets see if we can convince them to let us run on sunday too!!!
Maybe if enough of us bring 2-4 spares that will give them a hint
Old 02-04-2004, 06:34 PM   #145
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering why this thread was so freaking long, and now I know. Hella sucks to have to sign up for membership...I wonder what the heck they were thinking...How many NASA members are really into drifting to support a full event lol...
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #146
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

I always bring 4 spares
Drift Unit
Old 02-05-2004, 01:14 AM   #147
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Drift101 is an unknown quantity at this point
lets pray for rain for those of us that can afford LSD like me!!! Oh rain god, make it rain on saturday!!! Plus cant afford new tires! hehehe....
Drift101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #148
dct223
Nissanaholic!

HAHA im gonna bring 2 stockies, but i hope it rains... im too lazy to change to my old wheels =D
Old 02-05-2004, 02:20 AM   #149
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dct223
HRM... theres a cycle gear shop thats pretty close to me, ill go check it out see if i can buy it for 50 at the store.. thanks!
Call me up and i'll let you barrow my old ugly motorcycle helmet, dont waste your money. The only thing is that you would have to pick it up at my house on friday in elk grove/sac. PM me and i'll give you my number.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:34 PM   #150
rewplayff
Zilvia Junkie

rewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enoughrewplayff will become famous soon enough
i have a new style. i call it grip drifting. its drifting with one tire. can't wait to try it out
rewplayff is offline   Reply With Quote