Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Kem Poyner

Trader Rating: (0)
Kem Poyner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unicorn preservation?

Now that the early S13s are hitting the 30 year mark this question needs to be re asked.
If you found yourself taking ownership of a low mile, unmolested near perfect S13, what would you do with it? I am in that situation and I am torn. One day i am researching mods and the next I wanna keep it stock.
I would buy a second one and go crazy with that one, but I do not want to deal with rust and rotted parts.
The one I just picked up is an original , one owner coupe that has never left Arizona. It has 80,000 miles and does not even have a door ding on it. Its been stored for the last 15 years but I have it running like new. Its my first S13 and I will keep it forever.
Kem Poyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just don’t do anything irreversible.
Tasteful mods like suspension upgrades, wheels.
More importantly, probably replace all the old bushings, gaskets, hoses, belts, etc.
Keep all the original parts and receipts.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #3
Kem Poyner

I think that is exactly what I will do! That way I can still turn some wrenches and have a little fun with it. Now I just need to figure out how to fill the wheel wells but not need to roll or pull fenders. I read all the posts and still do not know.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
It's like Facebook knows what Zilvia has been searching and we're getting all these garbage threads:

"Hey should I do what everyone and their Mom thinks I should do? Or should I do the total opposite dawgggieeeeeeeee!"

OP:

In the future, try to make the thread worth while. No pictures of the car? Come on man...
Old 07-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Check “Chat” section stickies.
Wheel fitment thread
Wheel fitment questions thread
Maximum tire fitment thread
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #6
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i wouldn't even do wheels or any upgrades. just replace what's worn and that's it. in arizona i'm sure there are plenty of rust-free chassis. if you want to modify something, i'd start with something that's a bit of a beater, as long as there isn't any hacked up wiring or terribly botched bodywork haha
Old 07-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #7
Kem Poyner

dizzariot, What does your mom think I should do?
Old 07-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kem Poyner View Post
dizzariot, What does your mom think I should do?
Sell the car to someone that doesn't need the internet to decide whether or no they should preserve a car, or fuck it up.

Sell the car to someone that's not lowkey trying to get spoonfed.

Her words, not mine.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...but seriously, give us all something to work with. Let's see what this car looks like. There are too many posts with dudes saying they have these 'unicorns' but they never post pictures.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #10
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
The car will be worthless for the next 10-20 years until they're ACTUALLY rare. And even then, the states are getting littered with it's RHD brothers. There is no actual short of these although some dumbass might pay a little more for something to be stock before they go ahead and ruin in.

This isn't a collectors car. Don't treat it like one.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #11
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
my aunt said the same thing about the 69 mustang convertible she had back in the day...leaked, could never stay running, heater didn't work...sold it for 250 as fast as she could!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
The car will be worthless for the next 10-20 years until they're ACTUALLY rare. And even then, the states are getting littered with it's RHD brothers. There is no actual short of these although some dumbass might pay a little more for something to be stock before they go ahead and ruin in.

This isn't a collectors car. Don't treat it like one.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #13
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
my aunt said the same thing about the 69 mustang convertible she had back in the day...leaked, could never stay running, heater didn't work...sold it for 250 as fast as she could!
Well, she was a women and times were different. There are some pretty basic facts here that make the argument against the value of a S-chassis.

There were twice as many S-chassis. The only ones worth much, much more are the RHD S15 models [S13/14 RHD are still worth money, too].
The S-chassis comes in both RHD and LHD drive. The only ones worth much, much more are the RHD models.
The Mustang wasn't shipped to many other countries unlike the comparison to the S-chassis where a few different countries got variations [cliffnote: ours sucked].
The Mustang had a lot of high performance trim packages unlike the comparison to the S-chassis.
The Mustang lived in an era where speed and big motors were running rampant unlike the comparison to the S-chassis that's half the size both in cylinders and actual sizing made to be more efficient and economic.

I could go on for days. The comparison to a '69 Mustang to a '89 240SX is stupid. There is nothing alike other than the fact that they have 4 tires and move.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:38 PM   #14
Kem Poyner

Yeah, but the Mustangs didn't have gamers go at them with buzz saws and dremels like piranhas. Most not having a clue.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #15
TEN_2nd_BUSTER

TEN_2nd_BUSTER is an unknown quantity at this point
i just over paid for an s13 shell with 5 large holes in the floor and completely dislodged front strut towers, no motor, and tons of missing interior...... i cut and re patched and sealed the floor and mated the strut towers back onto the car and repainted the engine bay. the body still has too much rust but this is definitely more of a restoration at this point than i wanted. i bought it in march and got it running and driving about a month ago with a complete interior.... brought her back from the dead thats for sure
TEN_2nd_BUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN_2nd_BUSTER View Post
i just over paid for an s13 shell with 5 large holes in the floor and completely dislodged front strut towers, no motor, and tons of missing interior...... i cut and re patched and sealed the floor and mated the strut towers back onto the car and repainted the engine bay. the body still has too much rust but this is definitely more of a restoration at this point than i wanted. i bought it in march and got it running and driving about a month ago with a complete interior.... brought her back from the dead thats for sure
So you wasted time and money on a car that doesn't warrant it?

Sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #17
Kem Poyner

I get a sense that SupaDoopa feels that unless your car is a RHD from Japan,
its a worthless piece of crap not worth the trouble.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #18
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

You would be misinformed and stupid for thinking that.

I said the car is available in more than one country and if someone is given the chance to collect one from Japan or the States, they would prefer the JDM model as it's RHD and more of a rarity here meaning a higher resale. Never said our versions were shit. I own two LHD models.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
You would be misinformed and stupid for thinking that.

I said the car is available in more than one country and if someone is given the chance to collect one from Japan or the States, they would prefer the JDM model as it's RHD and more of a rarity here meaning a higher resale. Never said our versions were shit. I own two LHD models.
yeah, but USDM cars have full length frame rails

BAM. right there. whaaaaaaat? instant performance mod. extra chassis rigidity.

whatcha know about that, jdm fanboy
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #20
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You're in Mesa? Here's what you do - sell it to me. I can be there in 15 minutes. I'll preserve the fuck outta it no questions asked.
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #21
TEN_2nd_BUSTER

Quote:
So you wasted time and money on a car that doesn't warrant it?

Sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here.

well after 2 months of searching for a decent car that wasnt molested too bad by some kid like yourself, i found nothing until this roller came along which is halfway decent looking from 15 ft, clean interior parts, with decent mods, exhaust, intake, coils, rims, etc..... I fixed it all structurally, body worked and painted the bay, installed an obd 2 ka for cheap as shit, pieced together a clean interior and new carpet, and got it on the road for less than i could buy a runner for at the time in my area with less mods...

So it actually seems like Im ahead of the overpriced 240 game at this point.

And i think i will fit in here, since Ive been driving 1jz powered widebody 240s before you even got your drivers license kido

Old 07-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #22
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I left for like a year and all of a sudden Wisconsinites are allowed to talk shit?

Someone from Illinois put him in his place, stat.

OP, reversible mods only. Do with it as you please; 240SXs aren't great cars stock so you're just making it better.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 07-23-2019 at 04:50 PM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #23
TEN_2nd_BUSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I left for like a year and all of a sudden Wisconsinites are allowed to talk shit?

Someone from Illinois put him in his place, stat.
^^^^^^^ LOL, and the FIBs chime in....
Old 07-24-2019, 06:25 AM   #24
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEN_2nd_BUSTER View Post
well after 2 months of searching for a decent car that wasnt molested too bad by some kid like yourself, i found nothing until this roller came along which is halfway decent looking from 15 ft, clean interior parts, with decent mods, exhaust, intake, coils, rims, etc..... I fixed it all structurally, body worked and painted the bay, installed an obd 2 ka for cheap as shit, pieced together a clean interior and new carpet, and got it on the road for less than i could buy a runner for at the time in my area with less mods...

So it actually seems like Im ahead of the overpriced 240 game at this point.

And i think i will fit in here, since Ive been driving 1jz powered widebody 240s before you even got your drivers license kido

You've been driving widebodied S-chassis since before I got my license? You must be pretty fucking old then. And in all that time, you're still unintelligent and misinformed.

See, the problem is those 'runners' didn't need some clown to reconstruct a frame under them and even assuming you did a decent job, I'm sure you still fucked it up for the following reasons:

1. You're stupid as shit.
2. Apparently just joined a forum that was quintessentially the most important S-chassis forum at the time a couple months ago that existed for decades to try to show off how tough you are yet you've been so smart driving 1J 240's since the day they rolled off the lot.
2. You're stupid as shit.

No one gives a fuck what you may or may not have been driving. The fact your first couple posts here have been dick measuring and lackluster is discouraging. Enjoy getting your shit pushed in on ever thread you decide to put your small ween in.

1J widebodied S-chassis... shut the fuck up. That's 90% of the people here.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #25
Kem Poyner

I belong to a lot of forums due to my many interests and hobbies. This forum is by far the rudest most vulgar one I have seen. If you are a new member, you are treated the worst, usually by the same small group of spoiled brats. I am sure they drive away the few newbies that join the group.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #26
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
I belong to a lot of forums due to my many interests and hobbies. This forum is by far the rudest most vulgar one I have seen. If you are a new member, you are treated the worst, usually by the same small group of spoiled brats. I am sure they drive away the few newbies that join the group.
same. apart of a variety of forums. but I learned long ago that when you join a car forum, and you want to introduce yourself and boast about your car and car history, there's a 100% chance that there are introduction thread/s for not just you, but your car as well.

but yet here we are, in a thread, opened by you, about this "unicorn", and not even a picture, not even one of the tach. Yet YOU'RE the victim to our vulgarity and rudeness. You made the conscious decision to join, and not at least try and step in the right direction on all this.

if new members are being driven out that easily, then damn, then clearly they are so inept that they probably shouldn't be trying to work on cars.

but if you come here. learn from your mistakes and short comings, you get accepted and are part of the group, welcomed with open arms. But if you're so disturbed by our behavior, good luck to you and your car, the [X] window is at the top right.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Probably because the person assumed my age, my mechanical ability and low key shit on the entire community saying we're idiots for not buying rotted cars that has no strut towers or frame rails.

If that's how you'd like to start your little introduction to this forum, prepare yourself for a group e-fucking. Sure, you'll get a few dick riders that will come to your rescue but the real ones will either ignore you or call you out on your stupidity.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #28
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
same. apart of a variety of forums. but I learned long ago that when you join a car forum, and you want to introduce yourself and boast about your car and car history, there's a 100% chance that there are introduction thread/s for not just you, but your car as well.

but yet here we are, in a thread, opened by you, about this "unicorn", and not even a picture, not even one of the tach. Yet YOU'RE the victim to our vulgarity and rudeness. You made the conscious decision to join, and not at least try and step in the right direction on all this.

if new members are being driven out that easily, then damn, then clearly they are so inept that they probably shouldn't be trying to work on cars.

but if you come here. learn from your mistakes and short comings, you get accepted and are part of the group, welcomed with open arms. But if you're so disturbed by our behavior, good luck to you and your car, the [X] window is at the top right.
I think I love you.

All these new people want order and protection from the rules...buuuuut they don't want to follow the rules. Then you break said rules, post a shit thread with zero pictures, then bounce back and forth between chumming it up with the 'meanies' and the 'victims'.

Choose a side. I love how people like you ignore the threads where people admit to being new yet aren't stupid as all fuck, and are generally received here. There are plenty of new people here that get it. Get on THEIR level.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:28 PM   #29
Kem Poyner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I think I love you.

All these new people want order and protection from the rules...buuuuut they don't want to follow the rules. Then you break said rules, post a shit thread with zero pictures, then bounce back and forth between chumming it up with the 'meanies' and the 'victims'.

Choose a side. I love how people like you ignore the threads where people admit to being new yet aren't stupid as all fuck, and are generally received here. There are plenty of new people here that get it. Get on THEIR level.
Funny how after I started this thread, a couple hours later you started a new thread (OEM+). It asked the same exact question I did. You even called it uplifting! How can a shit thread be uplifting? Maybe you should choose a side.
I have tried everything to upload my pictures but it fails each time. My Jpegs are the right size but I have not been a member for 30 days.
You fuckers can all blow it out of your snowflake asses.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:44 PM   #30
driftminds13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
driftminds13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Funny how after I started this thread, a couple hours later you started a new thread (OEM+). It asked the same exact question I did. You even called it uplifting! How can a shit thread be uplifting? Maybe you should choose a side.
I have tried everything to upload my pictures but it fails each time. My Jpegs are the right size but I have not been a member for 30 days.
You fuckers can all blow it out of your snowflake asses.
Are you seeing things? His original post in that thread asked not one single question. Its purely a chat thread for OEM+ cars and restored cars to chat and to post pictures.

All you simply needed to do from the get go was admit you made a mistake, and maybe ask about pictures? Not that hard. Pictures you upload to a 3rd party site, like tinypic, and then post the link in your post, very common practice for many forums.
driftminds13 is offline   Reply With Quote