Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2016, 07:19 AM   #19861
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Damn that sucks. Well does anyone have any better ideas on filling holes left by a custom spoiler? I have an se wing on but there's some exposed holes that it can't cover. Bondo and welding is not an option

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2016, 07:33 AM   #19862
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Other than replacing the trunk lid, welding or bondo is about it. And I'd consider bondo half assed.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:58 AM   #19863
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had plastic plugs on my civic si when the stock spoiler was removed (not rubber) held up for years
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #19864
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

As for holes with bondo I'm iffy about putting bondo in my license plate bracket holes I feel there gonna get hit by a rock and crack paint/ indent idk
Old 06-10-2016, 10:01 AM   #19865
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rookie question and I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, but hicas question.

I have an R32 that I finally got around to getting a powersteering belt for. I bought the car as a shell so my rb20det came from an s13 drift car which had the rear lines blocked off and I am ASSUMING he removed the vanes from the rear of the pump but haven't confirmed. I dont really know much about hicas especially on r32's but my cars abs has been deleted so the hicas wont work anyways.

So I threw the belt on and removed and plugged the reserveoir on the rear fitting and left both rear lines in the car (what I assume is the rear return line anyways, hence my question), but not hooked up for the time being because I wanted to drive. I started the car up and the power steering worked for like 10sec and then the rear hicas line I had plugged that goes to the rear rack started puking all the fluid out.

So my question is, does anyone know whether the front fitting or the rear fitting comes from the rear rack on the reservoir, or can the fluid get into the rear lines without the high pressure line being hooked up if the vanes haven't been removed? The highpressure line was bone dry mind you so I would think it would have leaked from both ends if that was the case.

I'm thinking I accidentally just plugged the front return line and left the rear attached by mistake so when all the fluid came back to the reservoir it wasn't hooked up and dumped out.

Like I said rookie mistake but I've never messed with hicas and haven't had a chance to put the car on the hoist and look at it yet, so I'd like a place to start.

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this.

EDIT*** I may have just figured out my own question, the r32 has a power steering cooler so I'm assuming the rear lines go through that as well, so somewhere they must be Tee'd together?
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #19866
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Question regarding clutch engagement. I let a friend drive and he says clutch is worn out bc it engages at the very end (1 inch before fully up). I've driven the car and it feels fine. Previous owner had manual swap under him and was told clutch was replaced. Idk how true that is.

I wanted to know what you guys think, whether a high engagement point does actually signify a worn out clutch.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:02 PM   #19867
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Question regarding clutch engagement. I let a friend drive and he says clutch is worn out bc it engages at the very end (1 inch before fully up). I've driven the car and it feels fine. Previous owner had manual swap under him and was told clutch was replaced. Idk how true that is.

I wanted to know what you guys think, whether a high engagement point does actually signify a worn out clutch.

don't think so, pretty sure slippage or possibly grinding is one of the only real main indicator. If the clutch stops clutchin, then it's wore out haha
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:46 AM   #19868
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

My clutch is brand new shit engages super low moms mustangs clutch is new engages an inch in the pedal . All I have for u
Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #19869
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just to verify, i have looked at the fsm and it looks like all this shit is for emissions
Assuming i set up vacuum correctly, there is no issue with removing all this right?
Kinda a newb to KA stuff, i know this is probably super common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #19870
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Huge question, this has driven me batshit insane.

Over half throttle in my car, it cuts out and does nothing, in every gear past 1st. It doesn't do it in 1st.

I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, distributor, plugs and wires, to no avail. No idea what the hell I should check now. It's super dumb. Help.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #19871
LKing

LKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I fine removing a row of camber bolts so I can add more camber? If not I'm assuming I have to buy an aftermarket Control arm for the fronts.

Image1465913386.688094.jpg

Old 06-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #19872
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Isn't that plate supposed to be on top?

Old 06-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #19873
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing View Post
Am I fine removing a row of camber bolts so I can add more camber? If not I'm assuming I have to buy an aftermarket Control arm for the fronts.

Attachment 93579

You want to remove half of the screws holding the strut to the top hat so you can get more camber? Sounds like a solid idea...
Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #19874
LKing

LKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
You want to remove half of the screws holding the strut to the top hat so you can get more camber? Sounds like a solid idea...

Ok, so no then. Thanks.....

Old 06-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #19875
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
Sounds like a >>solid<< idea...
Get it? Get it?

Fragility of his strut tower.

Last edited by DJTTon; 06-14-2016 at 05:33 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #19876
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bought spare set of door handles off a 95' S14.

I have a 95' S14.

My 95' lock cylinder doesn't fit the other 95' S14 door handle.

what gives!!!?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #19877
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You guys have any suggestions for 180sx tailight options. Also if anyone knows what they did on the spirit rei miyabi build. Ive heard koukis that were sprayed red and ive heard ganadors sprayed red dont really know which one is right.Thanks dudes.
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #19878
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Kouki tails for the hatch are the best hands down.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #19879
F20cking

F20cking is an unknown quantity at this point
any one know any good shops that work on SR's/tune power fc's?
socal area
F20cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 AM   #19880
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Huge question, this has driven me batshit insane.

Over half throttle in my car, it cuts out and does nothing, in every gear past 1st. It doesn't do it in 1st.

I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, distributor, plugs and wires, to no avail. No idea what the hell I should check now. It's super dumb. Help.
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:00 AM   #19881
89240nissan

89240nissan is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a question that I have yet to find an answer that I'm looking for I have a 89 240 with sohc in and the ignition condenser keeps blowing out I replaced the f1 pin out on it and the coil add a balast to it new ecu new ignition control module new timing chain head gasket
89240nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:03 AM   #19882
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Throwing any codes?
Old 06-15-2016, 04:28 AM   #19883
89240nissan

No codes from me
Old 06-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #19884
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump
OBDI or OBDII?

Id go with o2 sensor or a vacuum leak since you've hit all the consumables.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #19885
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post

I'm still looking for some pitches. Thank you

Old 06-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #19886
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Honestly, I've got nothing. I somehow managed to never have to replace the clutch in my previous car. Shifted the same from the time I bought it to when I sold it 9 years later.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:03 AM   #19887
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

DJ I've driven a car with a new clutch that would engage very high up and I've driven my 240 which has a new clutch and it engages an inch or two from the floor (way in) it is what it is . Throw your car in a gear and lift your foot off the clutch of it grabs and stalls then ur good if it holds up that's all that matters
Old 06-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #19888
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Dj your friend is thinking of self-adjusting clutches. Watercooled Porsche's uses those.

The engagement creeps over time and there is no manual adjustment.

On a 240sx you just adjust the pedal engagement point. You can make it at the top or the floor.

Google it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #19889
89240nissan

So many I've got a 89 240 with sohc and it doesn't get spark so I went through it and found the ignition condenser is blowing on me the second it cranks over any input on this I've replaced the coil ignition control module ecu the connector by the battery and added a balast to the coil because it was change to a blaster style coil getting 11.87 volts to the coil as well
Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #19890
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Edit: That was an incoherent quick and drunk response from the golf course.

I appreciate the input guys. I think I can believe that my previous owner replaced the clutch when he did the manual swap. The car has been engaging high like that ever since I got it, personally I dont mind it but it does seem to throw other people off. I havent tried looking into an adjustment, I may though.

Last edited by DJTTon; 06-15-2016 at 07:36 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote