Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #10411
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
meh, Mazda did it WAY better with the 6 wagon

vs

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #10412
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
IMO, the single flaw of that car. One of my favorite wagons of all time.
just picked up a Protege MP3 intake manifold (VTCS delete) today. trying to find an OE Protege MP3 ECU right now along with a JDM FS-ZE intake cam. gonna splurge for a Corksport exhaust cam next week... oh and a brand new, fully rebuilt head next month too! basically wanna squeeze another 15-20 n/a HP out of the thing while keeping it smog legal

thought about turboing it... but ill only do that if i can get DorkiDori sold soon (i have an interested buyer). if i do a turbo setup, ill just run the OE turbo ECU but im gonna have a bottom end built so the block will actually LAST! also will have the body work done and have the car reshot in the same dark blue. i really dig this little mazda now that its getting fun to drive!

Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #10413
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
meh, Mazda did it WAY better with the 6 wagon

vs

Like them about the same (maybe slight edge to the Regal)...difference is, we can buy the Regal is real for us in the US. +AWD.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #10414
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Jalopnik nailed it with the title: 370z Heritage Edition is a Reminder That Nissan Still Doesn't Give a Shit About Affordable Sports Cars.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-nissan-...1794028315/amp

Come on Nissan...this is embarrassing.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #10415
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That actually looks very good. It definitely has the air of an Audi Allroad (can't remember if A4 or A6).
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #10416
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
That actually looks very good. It definitely has the air of an Audi Allroad (can't remember if A4 or A6).
A4. And yeah, this is going directly at the A4 Allroad and the Outback. Can't wait to see the comparos.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #10417
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Look how bad this is.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #10418
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Look how bad this is.

How is it still even worth it to make those? They can"t be selling well at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #10419
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

nissan trying to apply the 180sx formula to the Z... huge difference though, the 180sx sold CONSISTENTLY WELL in its 10-11 year run!

the Z, just no!

Old 04-05-2017, 02:31 PM   #10420
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
How is it still even worth it to make those? They can"t be selling well at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd assume at this point all the tooling has been "paid off" and now it's just cheap. Plus there's been very little additional engineering.

The ineteresting thing though is if you build an 86 with all the TRD parts, it's only about $1000 less than a base 370z 6mt. It's not a bad value compared to the 86, but then it gets killed by the turbo Camaro and Mustang.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #10421
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Just an appearance package? Sad Nissan, that's just damned sad.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #10422
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Just an appearance package? Sad Nissan, that's just damned sad.

And not even a good appearance package like aero or two tone paint....just some stickers.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #10423
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder how many thousands they'll charge for eye rape yellow paint, stickers, and an aftermarket clutch?

Old 04-06-2017, 06:02 PM   #10424
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
nissan trying to apply the 180sx formula to the Z... huge difference though, the 180sx sold CONSISTENTLY WELL in its 10-11 year run!

the Z, just no!
Actually they are trying to appeal to the original 240z heiritage which in 72 actually had a run with similar stripes and color scheme. Also they did it with the 280z.
In essence both were S30 chassis cars and their run was legendary.

It only was shorter than the 180sx by a year and the only reason it did not go on is because Nissan upgraded the model to the 280zx aka S130 chassis.
Though the S30 did sell in absolute record numbers and would not be surpassed till the 180sx.

Definitely not trying to apply the 180sx Formula just doing something Nissan has done for years with their sports cars.

The difference being like we have all pointed out the lethargically pathetic North American sales numbers. I really wonder what the Japanese numbers are like?

What is sad is Nissan's all but complete abandonment of the racing heritage under Ghosn that leaves us with the mess today. Only Infinititi ( in F1) and the GTR have much of any World racing recognition these days beyond the Le Mans Delta wing cars.

Nissan always was known for doing the affordable Econo box thing outside of the sports stuff. The only difference was in the past the sports stuff actually meant something to them as a company.
After 2008 it's like they just threw in the towel.

Now they seem to be flailing at half hearted attempts out shear fear economic insecurity and reigning bean counters.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:40 PM   #10425
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...g-for-32995?ee

jesus christ theyre getting some serious power out of these ecoboosts. Seem like they really are an excellent new turbo four platform
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #10426
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

yeup... and all ANYONE on zilvia does is complain about how heavy and ugly they are when the entire time ive been saying "they handle bomb ass and the ecoboost motor is a mean little fucker!"

Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 AM   #10427
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Hahahaha, 550hp for $32k. That is just nuts. Guarantee the weight doesn't feel like an issue in that car.

I've read multiple articles recently (op eds) with people saying it's time for GM to revive Pontiac. Obviously these are just opinions from enthusiasts and not from GM, but they make some valid points. The performance engines and platforms GM has right now make for a very good case. A new Solstice (GM has thankfully moved well beyond its recession era interiors), G8 and a Firebird???! Not going to happen, but it seems like the time is right.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #10428
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

http://www.thedrive.com/new-york-aut...455-super-duty

Get your screaming chicken on.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:39 AM   #10429
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Yeah. The demand seems to be there.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:49 AM   #10430
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...g-for-32995?ee

jesus christ theyre getting some serious power out of these ecoboosts. Seem like they really are an excellent new turbo four platform

Awesome article only thing I noticed about it that is where they say;

"LFP recommends opting for the $1,995 EcoBoost Performance package, which is only offered on the $32,890 EcoBoost Premium model. This package adds other go-fast goodies such as a limited-slip rear axle, larger 19-inch wheels, larger brakes, revised suspension tuning, and additional cooling."

All current generation mustangs (2015+) come standard with a limited-slip diff, not just the (overpriced) Premium equipped with the performance pack. EB Premium w/ Perf. Pack does change the rear gearing however.
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #10431
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.autoblog.com/amp/2017/04/...vival-opinion/

Ok, 3rd article in about a week about this. I'm wondering in GM hasn't actually put some folks up to this to gauge feedback.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #10432
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

reminds me eerily of the IDX in sedan form...

http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-declare...ium=socialflow

Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 PM   #10433
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:

Youd have to be on some Tyrone Biggums crack to buy that package, enough ecoboost owners are popping HG's and cracking blocks at stock power levels.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #10434
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
reminds me eerily of the IDX in sedan form...

http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-declare...ium=socialflow
I was just going to post that.

This is their new design language. Its cleaned up. Less fucking creases for the sake of having creases.

Plus, all kinds of inline 6's.

I want that thing...in white...as a wagon...with an inline 6....and a stick. That's not too much to ask is it?

Last edited by exitspeed; 04-18-2017 at 05:08 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #10435
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Nissan continuing its domination of disappointing enthusiasts.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/18/2...=hp-tile-large

Old 04-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #10436
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Youd have to be on some Tyrone Biggums crack to buy that package, enough ecoboost owners are popping HG's and cracking blocks at stock power levels.

Source? I thought it was a pretty solid powerplant but admittedly I have done almost no research, just hearsay
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #10437
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Nissan continuing its domination of disappointing enthusiasts.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/18/2...=hp-tile-large

No one would buy that. My '01 G20 is more exciting than that shit.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #10438
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
No one would buy that. My '01 G20 is more exciting than that shit.
a Focus ST is cheaper then that Sentra. you would be stupid to buy the Sentra over the ST.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #10439
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
I was just going to post that.

This is their new design language. Its cleaned up. Less fucking creases for the sake of having creases.

Plus, all kinds of inline 6's.

I want that thing...in white...as a wagon...with an inline 6....and a stick. That's not too much to ask is it?
Hmm this reminds of 1 and 2 series in looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
a Focus ST is cheaper then that Sentra. you would be stupid to buy the Sentra over the ST.
I would take a Fiesta ST over this or the Focus ST. Heh what I am talking about I am picking up a Fiesta ST!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #10440
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Source? I thought it was a pretty solid powerplant but admittedly I have done almost no research, just hearsay
Source: GOOGLE

These homies explain away the problems as user error, enjoy the comedy routine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIIi8brgSM&t=432s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHEBbo9KFCc

Last edited by zenkicpe; 04-19-2017 at 08:02 AM..
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote