Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #91
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Wow. 2012/2013ers always take things to heart. Sweet Jesus. We made suggestions, not bash [well, some of the dingleberries did bash him which is childish as fuck]. Like I said. I wish you the best. Make sure you also join 240SXONE.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #92
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
well god dam you didn't say you had some drifting under your belt lol post some vids up man!
no good videos yet

Last edited by futures14drift; 01-10-2014 at 02:24 PM..
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #93
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
well god dam you didn't say you had some drifting under your belt lol post some vids up man!
E36 M3 Drifting - YouTube

not really drifting but well controlled donuts
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #94
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
That's not even close to drifting.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #95
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Update!!! Finished painting my bay last night, and today i started my miata turbo project. I have had my miata for a few months now, it was my first car. i put coils, wheels, front lip, rolled the fenders and dipped it..nothing special.
Primer

Sorry for the bad photos, they don't do justice. Ill be sure to take some with my camera ASAP.

Turbo Miata...

Old 09-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #96
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How the hell do you afford all this.
theStig880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #97
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
And, how the hell do you think that only being able to afford trash parts, and just for the time being, is an argument.... do you use the same one to put trash on your OTHER cars?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #98
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
we are boosting the miata with parts that arent being used around my friends shop, its 100% free
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #99
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This has been an interesting read for sure, you definitely have some skills with a wrench, I'll give you that - and you seem to have work ethic that's uncommon in even grown men.

What I can't wrap my head around is how you use your age as both a self-compliment and an excuse. On one hand, you mention that your 15 as if we should all be impressed that you're making moves and building 240, but on the other, the first thing that you mention when someone criticizes your decisions is that you're 15 and in high school... I Don't get it.

If you really wanted to be a boss, or do it right, you wouldn't be building a stereotypical 15 year old kids 240.

The purchase of the kit, the wheels (although they're kind of cool), the mention of the plasti dip, and the reasonably powerful SR are all moves that your stereotypical kid in High School with a 240 will make.

Looking at the whole thing, you obviously have a decent source of income, and an awesome place to turn wrenches. Why not build something awesome? It seems like you're rushing this build, with a retrospective (in that you plan to fix stuff later) attitude, when realistically, you've got a solid year or two before you'll actually be driving this thing on the street. In that time considering the resources you appear to have access to, you could build damn near anything you want... But instead, you build a slammed on Racelands, ugly kitted S13 with a grossly over powered SR.

Think about it dude, I'm not even trying to hate, I'm trying to make you think. If you slow down a click or three, think about what you can achieve.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #100
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
This has been an interesting read for sure, you definitely have some skills with a wrench, I'll give you that - and you seem to have work ethic that's uncommon in even grown men.

What I can't wrap my head around is how you use your age as both a self-compliment and an excuse. On one hand, you mention that your 15 as if we should all be impressed that you're making moves and building 240, but on the other, the first thing that you mention when someone criticizes your decisions is that you're 15 and in high school... I Don't get it.

If you really wanted to be a boss, or do it right, you wouldn't be building a stereotypical 15 year old kids 240.

The purchase of the kit, the wheels (although they're kind of cool), the mention of the plasti dip, and the reasonably powerful SR are all moves that your stereotypical kid in High School with a 240 will make.

Looking at the whole thing, you obviously have a decent source of income, and an awesome place to turn wrenches. Why not build something awesome? It seems like you're rushing this build, with a retrospective (in that you plan to fix stuff later) attitude, when realistically, you've got a solid year or two before you'll actually be driving this thing on the street. In that time considering the resources you appear to have access to, you could build damn near anything you want... But instead, you build a slammed on Racelands, ugly kitted S13 with a grossly over powered SR.

Think about it dude, I'm not even trying to hate, I'm trying to make you think. If you slow down a click or three, think about what you can achieve.
This is the best comment on this thread, thank you i will definatley be reconsidering many many things and keeping this in my head. Update this weekend hopefully the motor will go in.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #101
l2u4k0assx

Trader Rating: (1)
l2u4k0assx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I completely agree with thefro526^. I have a hatch that i have been tearing down over the last few years. You would appreciate it more in the long run if you took it slower.
l2u4k0assx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #102
BenRice
Leaky Injector

BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
My 17yo cousin had this stereotypical mindset you all talk of, and to your credit you listen better than he does. At least you don't have grand expectations on the cheap parts, you know they will need replacing and arent expecting it to handle amazingly.

I've driven some utter bags of shit when tutoring, some with good quality parts, some with crap. A lot of it is in how it is all set up. The better quality (PBM, Tein, etc) drove much better when set up properly, whereas the crap stuff (XYZ, D2) handled "sufficently" to learn in but still not as well the quality stuff. I guess what i'm saying is expect to spend time getting the settings right and dont be surprised at gear failures.

On the flip side and speaking from experience i have had cheap chinese-made camber and toe arms in the rear of my car for the past 4 years with no issues (incl 20+ days of HARD track drifting). Full coils are another matter though, i've seen way too many cheap brands snap struts.

What is your inspiration for the build? When i say that i dont mean what you want to make it look exactly like, but what you think looks good in an S13/240. I think if you've got the right influences as well as the means to make what you want happen then it will turn out good in the end.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #103
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus Christ you guys are ripping this kid apart. It's his first build. This is where you learn how to do it. If he wants to do the motor first then let him do it. My god you all get so up tight about other people's shit. Give him a fucking break he's doing bigger things than half the people on here and all you can talk about about is fake wheels and cheap coils? I'm sure every person commenting on this built a perfect car their first try when they were 15. You talk about him being a stereotypical teenager, well that's because he is! Didn't we all want a big turbo fast car in high school? It's one thing to be tough cool zilvia guys and another thing to just go thread to thread making asshole comments about other peoples cars.

Op, do your thing man, it's your car. Build it how you want it.
And about the racelands that everyone hates, i've been drifting/dailying them for 5 months now with 0 problems. These guys just see the word raceland and flip shit and you're automatically retarded in their eyes, don't take it to the heart. I've heard more complaints with ksports than racelands. They ride a hell of a lot better than megans too. Keep this thread up to date i'd like to see your experience with them compared to mine. Good luck with the build.
Btw fix your rear fitment it's jacked.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #104
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post
Jesus Christ you guys are ripping this kid apart. It's his first build. This is where you learn how to do it. If he wants to do the motor first then let him do it. My god you all get so up tight about other people's shit. Give him a fucking break he's doing bigger things than half the people on here and all you can talk about about is fake wheels and cheap coils? I'm sure every person commenting on this built a perfect car their first try when they were 15. You talk about him being a stereotypical teenager, well that's because he is! Didn't we all want a big turbo fast car in high school? It's one thing to be tough cool zilvia guys and another thing to just go thread to thread making asshole comments about other peoples cars.

And about the racelands that everyone hates, i've been drifting/dailying them for 5 months now with 0 problems. These guys just see the word raceland and flip shit and you're automatically retarded in their eyes, don't take it to the heart. I've heard more complaints with ksports than racelands. They ride a hell of a lot better than megans too. Keep this thread up to date i'd like to see your experience with them compared to mine. Good luck with the build.
Well said...thank you. and what do you mean my rear fitment is jacked?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #105
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:

+1

I don't get why everyone is bitching about what a 15 year old kid is doing with his car. It's hard for a 15 year old to even get a 240 let alone a 240 with coils, wheels, aero, and soon an awesome SR20 swap. Fucking hell guys, I think he's doing super well for his age, and he's doing super well period. I like this car so far, a lot. Give him a break, christ. No 15 year old has the money to buy $1500 Stance Coilovers and $2500 Wheels and $1000 Aero, unless their parents pay for it.

This car is the shit. What he is doing is better than probably 90% of the people on this site did when they were 15-16.

So, anyway. When are you gonna get that diff welded?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #106
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
Well said...thank you. and what do you mean my rear fitment is jacked?
It's sunken in looking. Some spacers and lift it up just a little. Tires are kinda small for 17's too. Not a big deal, just something i noticed. Everything else is looking good
Old 09-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #107
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:

Wait... Is this you?!
E36 "Drifting"
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #108
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Lol. He knows how to drift, thank you very much, he's done donuts in the rain in an m3 so he can officially drift.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #109
DJZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DJZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

lol drifting? so you have an m3 a miata and an sr 240? I wish my mom bought me nice things
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #110
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZ View Post
lol drifting? so you have an m3 a miata and an sr 240? I wish my mom bought me nice things
Hahhha good one. The M3 is my brothers. My mom doesnt pay for a dam thing, ive been working for the past 2 years.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #111
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Okay guys talk all you want about the m3 i will gladly post real drift videos of the 240sx. Welding my diff as soon as i can and im raising the back too just havent got to it. Need to buy a new turbo because Lt Shinysides sold me a motor with a blown turbo. Little setback but im going to order it today and go back to being broke.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #112
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Lol. He knows how to drift, thank you very much, he's done donuts in the rain in an m3 so he can officially drift.
Don't be ripping on a kid for learning. Doing controlled donuts is one of a few great ways for beginners to learn car control. At least he's not out street drifting and crashing like lots of beginners do...

I don't get why everyone is ripping on him for being young and learning. Every drifter started out and sucked, too. It's a part of learning.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #113
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Fro and Soopa seem to be the only two adults in this whole thing...

The people yelling at other people for bashing are actually making this a millon times worse.

Yes, let me be original and say "FUCK THE HATERS".. typically, if you're thinking of saying it, chances are, 15 other "heroes" have already said it, champ.

Fro and Soopa have the right idea.

Soopa even offered to HELP you, and you got all defensive. What you do need to realize is

A) You're posting on an INTERNET FORUM.. specifically ZILVIA.
B) Not everyone going to agree with you. Deal with it.
C) They say these things because they've either dealt with it themselves, or they have experience with it.

Moral of the story, Everyone quit with the "FUCK THE HATERS YO DO YOU" its not original, and chances are, its already been said. And kid, if you can't take constructive critisism, or handle the big bad internet, you might as well lock this forum now. No one respects a keyboard warrior. And at a minimum, I would THANK Soopa for the offer, and take him up on it. You might learn a thing or two, its nice to talk to other people about builds, and through that, you meet more people.

Last edited by snow hawk; 09-12-2013 at 10:44 AM..
snow hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #114
7x13
Leaky Injector

7x13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to Zilvia, Home of the Elitist A-Holes of the S-Chassis Community.

Kudos on the build.
I would of personally driven the KA til it blows and replaced it then and invested the money on spent on the SR on suspension components (Control Arms, Tie Rods, etc.) but I'm rather impressed with the quality of the build so far for your Age.

Build your car for you not for others.

Looking forward to seeing more.

sub'd.
7x13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #115
JoeyTheKid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JoeyTheKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You have in front of you opportunities that the majority of people here never had/might not ever have. Everyone was 15 once, fuck when I was 15 I dumped an ungodly amount of money into an IROC Camaro in my pursuit of speed and drift kingship, so in a sense you could be doing a lot worse lol. Despite some of the criticism that might stem from jealousy, a lot of it is constructive. Like others have said if someone gives you advice, be grateful for it. If you don't agree with it, so be it, but there's no real point in trying to justify your opinion to someone who already has theirs set in stone, you're not going to change their minds so why try. Keep on keepin' on little man and don't think that you need to justify your actions to look cool, like snow hawk said, it's an internet forum, specifically one that is brutal regardless of what you do or say.
JoeyTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #116
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Update...

Finished peeling all the masking tape from the engine bay. Love the way it came out. I would of dropped the motor in today but just a minor setback. Anyways, just ordered the new one today so waiting on that and i will be dropping the motor in ASAP. After that is wiring and then final touches for the engine.
Also some pics of my brothers e36 m3 5.0 swap.

Last edited by futures14drift; 09-12-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #117
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

What's wrong with the turbo?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #118
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
What's wrong with the turbo?
Blown beyond rebuild. Tons of shaft play but its whatever
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #119
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

So you slammed it so far it looked silly, rolled the fenders, and now (having ruined them) you're raising the rear, when the front is the part that really doesn't take well to lowering?

I see, from the miata's fenders, that you're following a formula here.

Don't get me wrong, I 100% stand behind you raising it. Just think about it, if you do something wrong admit it (at least to yourself) and have it be a learning experience, do better next time. You don't have to duplicate all your mistakes on two cars. Aero and rolled fenders are something you do do accomidate other excessive modifications, like massive wheels, and you do those so that you can have massive rubber on the ground, not so that you can have rolled fenders and skinny tires and be too lowered, if this all makes sense. Just consider that nearly everything you've done is cosmetic, and/or a downgrade (other than the engine, obviously).... and then think about that money going into gas and tires, and the amount of fun you could have had, without any ricey side-effects on your car, or perminant damage like rolled fenders.

By the way, are those 205's on the new wheels? If so, my personal advice (yeah, you won't listen, I know) is sell them, stock aluminium wheels look great (IMO) and it won't be a tragedy if you drift into something, and are about as wide as your bigger wheels. Your car will behave better with smaller wheels if they're the same width, anyway.

I probably said this and your car friend probably knows, but make absolute sure you break and re-torque all the bushings to the new height, any time you change it

tl/dr: not saying I don't dig you playing with the car, just that the car would work better for you and you'd have more money to do what's important with it, if you put it back to stock height and wheels, and went and drove it instead.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #120
poundit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
poundit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
he is doing alot better than me haha. Im 23 and I didnt get my first non lemon 240 till a few weeks ago. And all i have order is a hub adapter so i can put my steering wheel on that ive had for months.

Kid just learn from your mistakes. Nobody should expect someone your age to do EVERYTHING right. Its just part of it. I had a pretty gay ricey looking hyundai accent when i was 16 and whenever i blew the motor and started researching i learned how to do things a better way.
poundit is offline   Reply With Quote