Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
djfiniki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
djfiniki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S14 kouki condenser fan help

Can someone please help me?
If condenser fan is eliminated, will it affect the function of compressor as far as pressure switch turning it off and on?
Reason is because I didn't have ac on car and just installed everything but there is no fans on condenser and wanted to run constant electric fans.
Any help will be great.
djfiniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
No, all the fan is there for is to help cool the condenser. Since you're in FL, I would considering running another efan on the front of the condenser and have it powered/switched via the compressor signal wire.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
djfiniki
Leaky Injector

Yeah cause I'm running efans on my koyo but after a while the engine temp starts overheating until I turn the ac off.
Condenser is blocking air to the rad so I'll need a couple of pushers I assume.
Thanks bro!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfiniki View Post
Yeah cause I'm running efans on my koyo but after a while the engine temp starts overheating until I turn the ac off.
Condenser is blocking air to the rad so I'll need a couple of pushers I assume.
Thanks bro!
No, your problem is shitty efans. Slap back the stock fan and shroud and you wont have overheating issues. I've this shit happen on my SR and tried anything and everything to alleviate it. Slapped back a stock fan shround and clutch fan, never had my car get hotter than 85* stuck in traffic.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
I have e-fans on my Koyo with the condenser fan removed and i have zero problems. Are your fans properly ducted or did you just slap two 12" fans on there with zipties and call it a day?

i bought really nice shrouded FAL fans that cover the whole radiator, because i knew this would be an issue if i didnt, and im surviving the Vegas heat with the A/C on full blast no problem.

Your fan setup is probably your problem. so duct your shit properly or do what Ray said and throw your clutch fan/shroud back on.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
djfiniki
Leaky Injector

You guys, thanks so much. That is my problem!
My fans are shitty and don't even cover the whole radiator.
I ordered new shroud with higher cfm fans.