Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #121
prang11
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
prang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enoughprang11 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your car looks amazing. I still prefer the flat blackish color, that shit looks raw.

I bet the hassle has just began, drive that thing anywhere and it draws attention. Beautiful!

Oooo and I agree with turtle m3th, those pipes would be an insane touch. Cops would never leave you alone though.
prang11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #122
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grenade180sx
dude. i know who you are now.. long story hort. i met your girlfriend at my work (morongo) and she told me that you were doing a rb into your car. holy shiet. dude its so hawt
Grenade180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:44 AM   #123
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
LOL I remember now. She came home and was like I met this guy who drifts at Morongo! Small world.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #124
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

Grenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfectionGrenade180sx is close to perfection
well good stuff buddy.. shoot me if im wrong your name is shane, sean sumthing like that?

anyways your car looks super dope. i just pulled my rb and picked up a s14 sr

long story

i hope i can get my car as ballin as yours!

are those the uras wheels or the p45r knockoffs?
they look damn good!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:01 AM   #125
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
^Thanx^

The wheels are real Uras NS-01's, wish I could say the same for the kit.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:07 AM   #126
Grenade180sx
Nissanaholic!

i dont give a damn.. i have a new backround

real or fake looks bomb as hell!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #127
somethingmikew

Trader Rating: (0)
somethingmikew is making a name for him/her selfsomethingmikew is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to somethingmikew Send a message via Yahoo to somethingmikew
damnnnnnnnnnn that's sick

2.5 years in the making that's sick.

Everything looks great, looking at your project from back at aaron's crib to now. Makes me feel like coming back to the nissan camp. (getting jacked leads you away)

I'm jealous. haha

peace
mike
Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #128
MTRPS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
MTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfectionMTRPS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nice work man keep it up
MTRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #129
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

My battle with blow-by has been won with my victory! If you look on page #2 post #42 you will see my old set-up with the catch can. That was a vacume style set-up. I added that due to oil being sucked into the intake track and blowing spy hunter smoke out the tail pipe during high RPM driving. After I added the can I was still getting blow-by.

rb25det have a restrictor plug to reduce vacume which I had left out, thats why I was still getting blow-by even with a catch can (oil was being literally sucked out the head and overflowed the catch can). I then had a buddy machine out a plug with a 1/8th hole drilled in the center to reduce vacume. Poof I was still getting blow-by...fuck! Finally I realized there was another line on the intake side valve cover that goes directly to the intake manifold. Upon inspection there was no oil residue inside the line but with no restictor it doesnt help my situation.

After looking in HyperRev mag for gts-t Skylines I finally decided on a breather style set-up. There are many examples of breather set-up's in that mag and seems to be the set-up of choice. I will pull no vacume but any +/-pressure in the case will now be vented out through the filter on the can. The can I am using is a modified Circuit Sports can with a pipe welded on top for a breather filter.

As for the line on the intake side valve cover I had a plate welded in place to seal it off. The port on the manifold is plugged as well.

For the finished result this is a effective breather set-up, not only does it clean up the engine bay but it also keeps the intake track oil free.

Those red top 550cc injectors sure look good hehe.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #130
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
well the swap looks sweet and so does the car...while looking thru i was hoping you woulda kept it flat black but with the nicer rims i think i like the gloss just as much. either way the car is awesome and definitely gave me ideas on where i wanna go with my cars power plant. +1
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #131
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

It's funny how many people wish I kept it flat black. Actually, when I got the flat black done I was shooting for a bit more glossy look, like the Krylon semi-flat black. Maybe someday I'll do another project with the same color. I always thought an fc TII with the Msport kit would look sick with semi-gloss black.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #132
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
thats a hott car you there my friend I like the mate black you got there also =]
Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #133
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
This car changes more than i change my underwear! big ups to the Danner man! good work mang. comin hot and heavy this year with the sc. keep you posted.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:59 AM   #134
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^^lol

good work on finding out the optimal config for the catch can. I just might hafta do that with my setup as well. I like the look of that welded plate on the valve cover. you'll see how much inspiration you've given when i post up my build thread in a couple days
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #135
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
yeah well most people just call semi gloss flat black but you are correct there is a huge difference. im going for the ratrod kinda color which is more satin black or semi... imo flat black looks too dry i feel like the paint is thirsty

either way it looks good

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_ADM%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupedrfter View Post
It's funny how many people wish I kept it flat black. Actually, when I got the flat black done I was shooting for a bit more glossy look, like the Krylon semi-flat black. Maybe someday I'll do another project with the same color. I always thought an fc TII with the Msport kit would look sick with semi-gloss black.
sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #136
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Thanks to all for your support and checking in on my build thread. My plans have changed and my rb25det motor has found a new home in my buddies s13 hatch. I'm going Ls1 and will gladly post a new thread reguarding the swap process...stay tuned!

My new home

Here's some pics just for fun.

Dam I love going through the bottom, so much easier. That Harbor Freight dolly is the shit. BTW Galvin's floor is dope!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #137
Gjohnson7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Gjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura aboutGjohnson7 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice and I'm really digging the garage too!

LSX Kouki Project, swap completed in Dec 09
Gjohnson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #138
brian m
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupedrfter View Post
Dam I love going through the bottom
Shane...does your GF know?
brian m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #139
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Holy crap man.
Why are you changing to the LS? was the RB25 not enough or just got tired of it? either way, big props for a super clean swap/car.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #140
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
clean ass garage man!! you're sick of it already??? Thats disheartening news. Explain what made you decide to change engines. My RB is soooooo close to starting up. You gave me a lot of inspiration, and i'm sure the LS build will be even better
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #141
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Once I had more torque from my sr20det I was addicted, now like any addiction all I want is more!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 PM   #142
turtle m3th
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (41)
turtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond reputeturtle m3th has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Good job mang! can't wait to take it for a spin!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #143
twofourty
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
twofourty will become famous soon enoughtwofourty will become famous soon enoughtwofourty will become famous soon enoughtwofourty will become famous soon enoughtwofourty will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks Shane for the kickass motor and swap. Can't wait for the LS1 monster!