Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #91
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I dislike drifting and what it's done to a once hardcore group of enthusiasts...240SX owners used to be more creative, making parts, developing solutions, figuring stuff out ON OUR OWN.

Now, it's (mostly) a bunch of fucking whiny kids who don't want to learn anything, they just want ANSWERS. NOW.

[/russ-mode]

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
We drift because it's fun and that's what we want to do.

Sliding a car around a corner may not be a fast way around a corner, but it is still a form of performance driving.
I find this very valid rationale...do it b/c you enjoy it.

But DO NOT call it a serious motorsport, or ANY form of racing ("drift racing"...WTF?)

See below for why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger240 View Post
...in fact the secondary racing aspect of drifting hardly exists as its not quantified (i.e. no timing used) they use JUDGES.
Yep...

Drifting is a motorsport in that it requires the use of an automobile to compete...but that's about it.

Yes, it requires skill. I don;t dispute that. But JUDGES? C'mon, motorsports are judged by time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieko View Post
Time Attack is like having sex to produce children, you are doing it for a true purpose and producing rock solid results.

Drifting is like fucking to fuck, because you love it and it feels so damn good.

Drifting is like the ballet of motorsports.
You said it, not me.

It's like ballet, or figure skating...except it ruins perfectly good sportscars in the process.

...and that's the problem - The wasteful and disposable mindset of half the idiots who just love drifting. It's cool to wreck your shit, and half-ass ziptie it back together?

When will everyone decide that older BMW's are the new hot shit for drifting, and leave the 240's alone!

- Brian
Old 03-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #92
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've been a fan of watching it, but I've always been on the grip side of things.

I wouldn't say it's dumb, but just not for me.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #93
moocowmoo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (46)
moocowmoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to moocowmoo Send a message via Yahoo to moocowmoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmorz View Post
no, but it does start there.

Riverside is where all dreams and good things go to die.
^^^^^^^lol
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #94
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I enjoy just being around cars. It does not have to be drifting. There are some really really gay things about it, but overall I enjoy it. Fanboys will come and go.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #95
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
These are all very good statements in the end this conversation is going to die out Personally I dont see the point why some people care how anothers individuals car looks like or what they do with it, its there P.O.S do what ever makes you happy its not like were taking the huge metal tin can to our graves.. its just cars
p.s i like drifting :]
Old 03-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #96
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
you know what awesome, me and touge noob s13 have the same sig
Hahahaha! That's SO freaking awsome!!!

so what does it mean to you, that's so worthy of putting up some one elses words as your signature??

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
maybe these people asking if you drift enjoy drifting and would like to find other people who have common interests? I dunno...
Or people asking if you enjoy drifting is because THEY CANT drift... when you or some one bashes something, it' s a way of acknowledging something you or someone lacks

DRIFTING IS FUN.
If it makes you mad, or it's associations make you upset. Run away. Go be happy, even if it means letting others be happy.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #97
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted98gst View Post
If you guys are so into drifting, where was everyone 10 years ago?
10 years ago i crashed my first 240sx.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #98
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
in soviet russia, car drifts you.
This got me good, because i'm russian and people always make that joke to me at work. Anyways, drifting is fun and thats that. I do it to have fun and i hate being competitive. I try to talk to people and they drifting so seriously and think they are the next DK which makes me just sad. People suck.
Fact: You are more likey to win the lottery than become a proffecional drifter and actually make a living.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #99
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
I dont think drifting is dumb but the obnoxious body kits and crazed out colors, fanboy snip is dumb!

Drifting is definately a fun grassroots motor sport. being able to control your car as you tail slide happily around corners at high speeds is pretty awesome!!! Its a great hobby
Old 03-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #100
ghettohatch
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
ghettohatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
drifting is mother natures way of recycling rubber back into the atmosphere
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #101
getagrip
Leaky Injector

getagrip is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never drifted in a car of my own, hell im still saving my money for a new car. my friend took me in his corolla and that was pretty damn FUN. but i cant really say if i enjoy it cause well i have never actually done it lol. although i love watching it in action.
if it brings ENJOYMENT then its not pointless at all or a waste, unless it is doing serious harm to you or others. just my 2 cents thus far in my life.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #102
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro

No "Race"
.........not a motorsport??

Judges and based on Style and Ability to manuver "said" object with style and technique.........no timer,
totally not a sport........?

Quote:
the classic porsche scene is much like what i want 240s to become... everyone is more chilled out and focused on getting things done right... .......
You do realize the price and engineering difference between the 2?
Not to mention the amount of cars produced?
I dont see Leno with a 240, or any at Barrett Jackson............

Quote:
........slapping overfenders onto drift-damaged rear quarters rather then learning bodywork and welding in good metal.
Why?
Why would I not put an over fender on?
Im not going to put $4000 worth of work into a quarter panel and door sill when i can cover it for $100 and keep drifting the car.
The stupid car cost $1500.
Every single panel has been dented and replaced with fiberglass.
It gets dented all the time.
Thats half the reason cars run fiberglass parts.
Weight reduction and they can swap em out quik and easy.
I would need my head examined if I was spending thousands and thousands of dollars to fix a $1500 toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
I blame the inland empire, too many idiots out here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Ice skating.........now there's a real sport.
Shits fucking hard and gnarley.
I can skate fast around the rink, but I have a hell of a time learning backwards crossovers, mohawks and spins, let alone jumping in the air with heavy skates on, spinning 4 times and landing backwards on one foot on ice.
You ever watch skaters try and learn a jump?
I personally prefer it to speed skating any day of the week.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240XTC View Post
But I just got my JDM beginners badge.
Sadly, I believe this..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
Be and let be bro. for real. you'll be happier, trust.
thanks confucius.
"trust"........

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
being gay: hideous wheel gaps, v8's, fake parts, going "pro", and ugly cars.
drifting: having fun, looking like a badass, dragging aero on the ground, cool wheels, and the best looking cars.
some people just cannot grasp the concept.
You confuse me.
You may need to give that blue color back, lol
i dont drift to look like a badass.
I wish i had a V8
If i loved drifting, why not go pro? arent you supposed to do something you love for a living?
what are "fake parts". like, made of paper mache??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
top ten reasons drifting sucks in america:

10. people call it the "scene".
or how bout, "Drift game" ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee M Rolly View Post
you know what awesome, me and touge noob s13 have the same sig
I had it first.

I think its also a perfect example of the OP's point in this thread.

Quote:
Probably building my 6th Datsun 510 and drifting.
Although I used the power over technique as I didnt actually know it was called drifting.
I always thought I was having fun doing some stunt driving/rallye stuff.
Oh, and I had been without a S13 for years at that point.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Riverside is where all dreams and good things go to die.
lol, to funny, and sadly so true.
Its next to everything progressive that LA and Hollywood are, only 30 minutes away, yet its like a trailer park in some areas and no one ever gets out and is all proud of it.
Makes no sense..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I just hate missile cars....
I have one :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion::S14 View Post
Now, it's (mostly) a bunch of fucking whiny kids who don't want to learn anything, they just want ANSWERS. NOW.
Thats a generational problem.
Its not "drifting"
Its the current generations problem with instant gratification.
This is been brought on by technology.
Things like youtube and goolgle with instant answers and quik videos that take no investment to watch.
And cell phones and texting, fast food........
Its everything, not drifting.
Open your eyes and look around at the world.
Its pretty sad and frightening.

Quote:
But DO NOT call it a serious motorsport, or ANY form of racing ("drift racing"...WTF?)
Its a serious motorsport.
I think when it started and "Racing" was associated with the name is when it got weird.
But it was hard to get the American public to understand it, just like with freestyle motorcross, BMX, Skateboarding, Halfpipe and park snowboarding.
Quote:
It's like ballet, or figure skating...except it ruins perfectly good sportscars in the process.
You mean it ruins one of the cheapest and abundant 20 year old sports cars there is.
So?
Quote:
...and that's the problem - The wasteful and disposable mindset of half the idiots who just love drifting. It's cool to wreck your shit, and half-ass ziptie it back together?
Who said its cool to wreck your shit?
Skateboardings cool, and I love the slam section in videos.
Doesnt mean I am trying to rack my balls on a fucking handrail of break my arm.
But doing the sport means you take that risk.
Just like in drifting, you take the risk of hurting yourself and the car.

And just like when I would chip out the nose of my skateboard bailing a 8 stair kickflip.
I would elmers wood glue it and use a clamp over night to repair it so it was workable.

so on my car, I use zipties to hold together the car.
That way, when my bumper does hit a cone or hay bail, it comes off instead of bursting into 1000 pieces.
sorry, just seems smart to me??
making a part break away, instead of breaking it........

And yeah, I have a disposable mindset about my car.
My fucking rent cost more than the car does, lmao!!
my cell bill adds up to the cost of my car a year, lol
My still camera I also use for fun cost more then my car.

Its a toy, thats why i bought it.
Its not a museum peice, lol.

If you love your 240 and hate the "drift" mindset.
Cool, keep your 240.
It might actually gain some value in enough drift cars are destroyed to lessen the numbers.
cause right now, you cant throw a rock without hitting a 240.
And a car that common, will never be worth anything.

In the late 80's, early 90's, the datsun 510 was the nissan car to build with cheap swaps, cheap parts, DIY stuff, and cheap cars that were expendable. that was about 20 years after they were introduced.

We are at the 20 year mark, when the car is at its cheapest and its the height of its popularity.
in another 20 years, the 240 will be looked at differently.

But we also wont be using gas like we currently do.Your car will probably be sitting in your garage since gas powered vehicles may end up with a limit on the amount of road time they can see a month.

I think drifting is awesome and fun.
I think it has put alot of money into the car market.
It has gotten all the honda fanboys to stop drag racing in the neighborhoods and killing people.
It has put alot of people that would be street racing in another scene, onto the track.
It has made cheaper parts, more accesable parts, more options for parts, and more creativity into the cars.
It has made motorsports fun for the guy that has a hard time finding the proper grip line.

With all the positive comes some negative, like some of the croud.
but drifting is a motorsport, and it takes talent, and the fanboys soon learn they dont have the talent, or dedication to make the talent, and they leave.

It is what it is.
Have fun with what you choose.
If you wanna spend your life treating a old $1500 car like its a piece of gold, do it.
If you wanna use it as a means to an end, then do it.
Whatever floats your boat.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #103
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
You know what I dislike?

Knuckles.

Wheels turned at ridiculous angles look so goofy and not cool at all.
I think getting crazy angle was only neat when the first select few individuals did it with amazing skill and/or luck, not when everyone can turn their wheels 90 degrees.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #104
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
driving a 240sx because its a fun car.

I started out with Datsun 510's and then went to 240z's. It rained a lot in the winter in Palo Alto Ca. So we learned to drive sideways. Why? Because it was fucking fun. No terminology no scene just fun. We also drove in the mountains and went to the track.

The biggest thing that gets me here is the track assholes or I am grip, drifting is bullshit talk. Face it motherfuckers, watch any professional racing and you will see some drifts or drifting at certain times.

If people want to drift, grip drivers should not hate.

I don't run around saying fuck grip drift is the only way. Why, because the two have coexisted for longer than a lot of you fucks have been alive. In fact I like regular racing a lot.

Its not drifting that's bad, its the current crop and things of late generation, that has used it as a excuse to not properly setup their cars.

Oh you don't like ballet or Ice dancing. Well guess what fucks that does not disqualify its possible validity. Just like it does not disqualify the possible validity of drifting or aka car control.

Just because you might be, a I am man that is pussy shit does not make you right.

If you can't be open minded, then you have a fucking problem.

The problem with the car community, is to many people let their testosterone rule the day. Seriously car enthusiasts can be some of the most bigoted racist motherfuckers this side of the sun.

There I fucking said it. Its true. You want it different? Try to make it different. Try to make your own thinking different.

I may not like what has happened to the 240 world. I may lament it. I have accepted that's the way it is. Fact is if it was not for drifting in Japan the car itself would not have been as popular.

There would not be as many parts. Hate it all you want a lot of you would not have even thought of it or known or cared if it was not for that.

Nissan did a pretty damn good job of all most burying the car in the U.S. out of fear. It was not that great in road racing compared to past Nissan's regardless of how good it is.

So stop biting the hand that feeds and realize that it is what it is. Like it or not.

Oh I don't like drag racing per se myself. I appreciate that people do it and feel different than I do. Do I hate on it no. Oh and I have seen some of you, "I don't drift" people out drifting at one point or another in your long term involvement with 240's. So I call most of you hypocrites as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #105
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
being gay: hideous wheel gaps, v8's, fake parts, going "pro", and ugly cars.

drifting: having fun, looking like a badass, dragging aero on the ground, cool wheels, and the best looking cars.

some people just cannot grasp the concept.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #106
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
woah woah...let me get this straight...

ThatGuy hasnt posted here yet...WTF?!?

lol

im just happy on not on the sidelines anymore...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #107
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Quote:
When will everyone decide that older BMW's are the new hot shit for drifting, and leave the 240's alone!

- Brian

???
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #108
sonar_onederful

sonar_onederful is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade_ewok View Post
PS I love drifting, but drifting IS dumb. But I love it.

It makes sense, right?

Makes perfect sense! I have no desire to drift, but I LOVE to watch! That's dumb!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #109
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
10 years ago I was riding my bicycle all day everyday and eating copious amounts of candy.

Better times.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #110
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Everyone should start drifting off ramps and stuff...that would be pretty cool.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #111
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
woah woah...let me get this straight...

ThatGuy hasnt posted here yet...WTF?!?

lol
No real need for me to post.

The STUPIDITY of American Drifting is being pointed out, rather effectively.
Most of the points being made AGAINST drifting in this Thread, are spot on with my opinions. It's not the actual sport that I have a problem with, it's the lazy, cheap, stubborn pieces of shit that are over running it.

While the enthusiasts in this thread are showing what makes any motorsport worthwhile. The drive to be better. The greatness of doing something you enjoy.

P.S. I've never seen a figure skater run themselves into the boards to try and get more points. Nor have I seen a skateboarder purposely slam themselves into a transition for the sake of "looking cool". Never have I seen a Freestyle Motorcross rider destroy his bike to make himself look "harder".

Now look what you did. I didn't want to post in here and stir this pot even further, but you made me.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #112
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
No real need for me to post.

The STUPIDITY of American Drifting is being pointed out, rather effectively.
Most of the points being made AGAINST drifting in this Thread, are spot on with my opinions. It's not the actual sport that I have a problem with, it's the lazy, cheap, stubborn pieces of shit that are over running it.

While the enthusiasts in this thread are showing what makes any motorsport worthwhile. The drive to be better. The greatness of doing something you enjoy.

P.S. I've never seen a figure skater run themselves into the boards to try and get more points. Nor have I seen a skateboarder purposely slam themselves into a transition for the sake of "looking cool". Never have I seen a Freestyle Motorcross rider destroy his bike to make himself look "harder".

Now look what you did. I didn't want to post in here and stir this pot even further, but you made me.
awesome...im not in the that catagory...lol

though... evil knievel was the best bike crasher ever ever....EVER

Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #113
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Who says you get more points for slamming into the wall?

Goal is to get as close as possible, not actually hitting it.

If you brush it a little bit then rad, and yeah i guess you would be looked at a little greater.

but we aren't driving around the track, seeing a wall, and clutch kicking into the wall.

wtf?

motorsports - competitions, esp. races, involving motor vehicles, as automobiles, motorboats, or motorcycles.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #114
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
^You may not be INTENTIONALLY running into things, but I promise you, some "drifters" think that is the whole point. I've even seen some events advertised with crap purposely staged on the track so that people can slide into it, run them over, etc, etc, etc.

That's the stupidity of the lazy, cheap, stubborn pieces of shit.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:53 PM   #115
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

i think what ThatGuy is saying is that, here in the US...youngsters THINK thats the whole cool part of drifting, and thats one of the main points of it all...and sadly some of the media feeds into it, glorifying it...

that driving around in a car full of damage is considered a badge of pride, more so ignorance...

when i know for a fact the people that im always seeing at the track, pics/vids are the ones who arent the ones cheering when they hit something if anything already planning on how to correct the said situation, either new kit, zip ties etc...

Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #116
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
stupid is what stupid does Lieutenant dan. I love Forest Gump, its "cant get enough Gump" Month.

And its Mustache March, dont have a Mustache than you will have bad luck. Get on that stache.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #117
DC29

DC29 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like drifting for the skill it takes, and the many different styles that come with it, no 2 cars are setup the same, no 2 drivers have the same style, i notice that theres way more love between people who have the same intrest in this sport as compared to some other forms/styles of racing. another thing i like is how theres so many different drivers from so many different countries, i can go on n on n on about the stuff i like about this sport and the things i dislike about other forms of racing so im gonna stop here.

one thing we can all agree on though is nascar is gay as fuck.

i do agree on the "pretty boy my mom n dad fund my whole project/ im a piece of shit loser who doesnt wanna grow up and get a real job" type of people though, that shit has to stop. the younger crowd needs to learn to respect others and there opinions/cars/life/way of doing things.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #118
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
626 March Mustache Madness. hahaha 5 dollars off with stache.

anyway, ok yeah i guess you are right.

I don't TRY to hit things... shit is lame, then i just have to worry about how i'm going to fix it etc.... But i do try and get as close as possible, and little nicks here and there happen....
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #119
epics13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
epics13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
hondas ruin everything!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #120
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Foreigners are ruining drifting in Japan.

Grossssssss. Watching this makes me want to die. I have not been able to sit through the whole video yet, and I do not ever intend to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibaQXQ2eYAM

Ewwww. Fanboy commentary. Team Burst cars are so ugly now. Battle scarrrrs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28phKea5Zik
Closed Thread