Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Media Forum / Pictures / Videos

Media Forum / Pictures / Videos Forum dedicated to media, such as pictures and videos.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #61
Baron Fel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Baron Fel is making a name for him/her selfBaron Fel is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Well in its present shape, the car is HYPED and looks like shit IMO. Hopefully it will be painted soon. Now all the cheap 240SX owners with multicolor/rattle can flatblack paint jobs and knock off parts are going to think its alright to rock rust.

Rust has been cool for a while brosef.

now accepting funds for the LS1 swap!
Baron Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #62
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Fel View Post
Rust has been cool for a while brosef.

Popular with VW guys not Nissan. I dont get why people purposely want to make their cars look like shit. BTW, that car screams fanboy with the shit rust hood, sportmax wheels and roof rack that is most likely never used.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #63
yarou
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
yarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfectionyarou is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
dude, that is a horrible example of a VW...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #64
drftem
Zilvia Addict

drftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the roughdrftem is a jewel in the rough
just curious yuta how much lower do you think i need to go to sit the same? Im on miata coilovers.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #65
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarou View Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #66
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Like I am pretty sure I posted on page 1.
the guys that actually do the rusted look spend thousands to paint it.
Its not real rust on the show cars.

People origianally didnt want thier cars to look like shit.
But they didnt want to throw something away because it was unsalvagable or not worth the thousands in body work.

So they slammed a beat up cool car and decided to drive it for awhile before it goes to the junkyard like so much other wasted history of western civilization.

And like anything, it eveolved into its own style.

just like drifting isnt the fastest way around a corner, but it evolved from doing things properly.
Rust/rat rod look, isnt the best way to have a cars exterior or paint, but it evolved and is an offshoot of doing it properly.

I couldnt find a picture of the car with the copper hood, that thing is awsome.

havent read his article in awhile.
whats the planned color and when??
otherwise we are gonna discuss rust in this thread till he gets some paint.

Last edited by ericcastro; 12-15-2009 at 05:37 PM..
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #67
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
haha rename this the rust thread, because this car isnt getting anything new done for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftem View Post
just curious yuta how much lower do you think i need to go to sit the same? Im on miata coilovers.
a couple inches lower it seems, but then it just gets stupid.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #68
SevenPistolero
Leaky Injector

SevenPistolero is an unknown quantity at this point
ive seen this car all over the net. menacing stance. think about how crazy its gonna be when u finish it
SevenPistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #69
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
if i go to the junkyard and hard park random imports, will you guys jerk off to the pictures
Old 12-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #70
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
if i go to the junkyard and hard park random imports, will you guys jerk off to the pictures

Speedhunters will love you forever.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #71
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post

a couple inches lower it seems, but then it just gets stupid.
why does everyone think the dopest shit is stupid.

you should paint your car ferrari red or the worlds darkest shade of black
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #72
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Quote:
I've kinda kept it to myself for quite some time now, but i am really curious now as to why you have such distaste for my car? please don't get me wrong it doesn't bother me much, i just want to understand the mindset of people who start hate threads on my car on different forums and such, and to be frank i dont feel like signing up on other forums and the easiest way is to ask you. I understand its cool to hate on things that are popular, especially when the people making it so popular are of questionable intelligence, however i sense (from your other posts) that you are intelligent enough not to hate on something just because its cool to do so. so please, if it's not too much trouble - enlighten me.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #73
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
its pretty obvious its all about the driver

and yuta boy do you suck
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #74
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
I've kinda kept it to myself for quite some time now, but i am really curious now as to why you have such distaste for my car? please don't get me wrong it doesn't bother me much, i just want to understand the mindset of people who start hate threads on my car on different forums and such, and to be frank i dont feel like signing up on other forums and the easiest way is to ask you. I understand its cool to hate on things that are popular, especially when the people making it so popular are of questionable intelligence, however i sense (from your other posts) that you are intelligent enough not to hate on something just because its cool to do so. so please, if it's not too much trouble - enlighten me.
it's a beater s30 that looks like shit, and you're doing nothing to restore it. instead, you've turned it into a low rider.
s30's are sports cars, and it bothers me when one is modified to be a show piece that cannot perform as intended. this enormous-rims-almost-touching-fenders-but-not-quite trend takes decent sporty cars and makes them worthless on the street or track by compromising their suspension geometry for the most enormous rims they can stuff into the wheel wells, with no care for proper camber. this kind of crap belongs on cars that were sloppy to begin with, not something that was built to be driven and enjoyed.
but what REALLY bothers me is how something so shoddy looking is being treated as a show car. rat rods have always had their place, but now it seems the well thought out, restored, glossy cover car is dead, because it's so much cheaper and easier to see who can make the shittiest looking car, and that's not something our community or any, eventually, can sustain. if everybody were buying up Z's and letting them turn into buckets, we'd quickly run out of Z's. same for the s chassis, although their main enemy is a light post or street sign and amateur driving.
i'll cap this with the classics It's Nothing Against You and I Can Appreciate The Workmanship, But. obviously it takes some work to cram enormous wheels into wells with such precision, and make it sit with a stance that does, granted, look pretty cool. and i believe i read you have plans to paint it, but, right now, people aren't looking at it and going "oh man, this is going to look cool when it's painted", they're going "oh man, rusty shit is fucking sweet". this car (currently) represents two trends that i absolutely despise, and wish would go away in favor of something, ANYTHING, that would make fanboys start using the phrase "function over form" again.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #75
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yuta & Gang, most controversial cars in California.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #76
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
it's a beater s30 that looks like shit, and you're doing nothing to restore it. instead, you've turned it into a low rider.
s30's are sports cars, and it bothers me when one is modified to be a show piece that cannot perform as intended. this enormous-rims-almost-touching-fenders-but-not-quite trend takes decent sporty cars and makes them worthless on the street or track by compromising their suspension geometry for the most enormous rims they can stuff into the wheel wells, with no care for proper camber. this kind of crap belongs on cars that were sloppy to begin with, not something that was built to be driven and enjoyed.
but what REALLY bothers me is how something so shoddy looking is being treated as a show car. rat rods have always had their place, but now it seems the well thought out, restored, glossy cover car is dead, because it's so much cheaper and easier to see who can make the shittiest looking car, and that's not something our community or any, eventually, can sustain. if everybody were buying up Z's and letting them turn into buckets, we'd quickly run out of Z's. same for the s chassis, although their main enemy is a light post or street sign and amateur driving.
i'll cap this with the classics It's Nothing Against You and I Can Appreciate The Workmanship, But. obviously it takes some work to cram enormous wheels into wells with such precision, and make it sit with a stance that does, granted, look pretty cool. and i believe i read you have plans to paint it, but, right now, people aren't looking at it and going "oh man, this is going to look cool when it's painted", they're going "oh man, rusty shit is fucking sweet". this car (currently) represents two trends that i absolutely despise, and wish would go away in favor of something, ANYTHING, that would make fanboys start using the phrase "function over form" again.
Thanks for replying, i half thought you wouldn't.

What bothers me is that you represent one of the things i most despise, ignorance.

I kinda wish people would actually take a bit of time to read into the car, not just some online "publication". I would imagine that any website would try to feature controversial shit and make it sound even more "edgy" to generate views and attention. The suspension on that car is what i personally spent the most money on, not the wheels or the fiberglass body panels (i know, its shocking). Everything from the rear lower control arms, front lower control arms, tension rods to the tie rods are adjustable, reinforced and well not just there because they make my car look trendy, with the NRCAs my suspension geometry is actually pretty damn close to that of a stock car, and probably better than an example with just lowering springs.

I realize the car looks shitty from the outside, there is surface rust and a fender that came off a different car. but I chose this car for that exact reason, The only thing wrong with the exterior was one banged up fender (hence the one brown fender from a 280z) and some surface rust. The rest of the car is ridiculously clean at 63,000 miles, the interior is what really sold the car.

So let me just clarify one thing, this car is not following any "trend". If some kids want to think that its cool to make their new cars look like they have been at the bottom of the lake for 30 years im sorry that you had to see that, i didn't want to see it either. Its a bit of a shame all these magazines and websites didn't wait until the car was further along to feature it and its also a shame that they decided that presenting it as a piece of shit with big wheels would generate more ad revenue.

Well, it was nice talking, enjoy your new information.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #77
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
king yuta has spoken.
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #78
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #79
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Even in VW world I'd be a ricer.

I love both of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

Old 01-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #80
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Even in VW world I'd be a ricer.

I love both of these.
me too.
Im a ricer though, yet not.
i dont really make any sense...........
Old 01-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #81
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Honestly, I don't think the car should be "finished", I think it's perfect.

This is natural patina, not some case where a kid takes his EK hatch and starts rusting panels on purpose. It can't be a trend when it's the product of decades of natural aging and wear.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #82
Xbroke_kidX
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Xbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her selfXbroke_kidX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xbroke_kidX
I love that people think that if you have flush wheels theres is NO WAY you can drive it still. Fucking stupid, look around theres so many cars that are pretty damn low and have flush wheels and still drive good. Of course there is limits to this just like everything else.

I feel bad for Yuta catching all this shit for his car when hes just trying to build something he will enjoy. Its really all this media attention thats turning this build into what its not. Keep up the good work, cant wait to see this thing painted. Any idea on color? or is that top secret info.
Xbroke_kidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #83
michael_torres
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
michael_torres is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the media killed this car
michael_torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #84
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbroke_kidX View Post
I love that people think that if you have flush wheels theres is NO WAY you can drive it still. Fucking stupid, look around theres so many cars that are pretty damn low and have flush wheels and still drive good. Of course there is limits to this just like everything else.

I feel bad for Yuta catching all this shit for his car when hes just trying to build something he will enjoy. Its really all this media attention thats turning this build into what its not. Keep up the good work, cant wait to see this thing painted. Any idea on color? or is that top secret info.
Thank you.

the original silver.

...but im gonna have some fun with the colors before i get real paint.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #85
icapture

icapture is an unknown quantity at this point
Lets see some pics of the interior?

How was the condition of the Dash? Mine was amazingly shitty, but the dash cap has fixed that...for now. Gonna get a clean uncracked one down the road.
icapture is offline   Reply With Quote