Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #121
Jspec603
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Jspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud ofJspec603 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jspec603
Wow! Keep up all the good work! Your doing an amazing job with this project so far!
Jspec603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2008, 03:33 AM   #122
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
okay, so ive decided to do a tear down of the engine just because. seemed like front cover was leaking oil, had some residue build up. timing seemed good. planning to just tear down the engine replace all the gaskets and seals, replace timing chain/tensioner, waterpump and pretty much clean it all up. got a lot of parts to clean now, lol. probably start with the trans tommorow.

oh yeah, made a table to work on, should be easier to organize and work now :P
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:21 AM   #123
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
okay, so ive decided to do a tear down of the engine just because. seemed like front cover was leaking oil, had some residue build up. timing seemed good. planning to just tear down the engine replace all the gaskets and seals, replace timing chain/tensioner, waterpump and pretty much clean it all up. got a lot of parts to clean now, lol. probably start with the trans tommorow.
Wassup Jon!! Awesome work cuz!!

Just something for you to think about. You may want to replace the oil pump and regulator valve set prior to installing the engine back into the car. Got these from the Nissan dealer for around $60.00. I rebuilt a '97 block w/87K miles and replaced the pump and regulator valve anyway cause you never know what the last guy did(or never did) to it!! Cheap insurance considering how much oil pump failure would cost in the long run!!!

Here are the part numbers:
Oil gear set: 15020-53F25
Regulator valve set: 15132-77A25

If you decide to get these, make sure they order the DOHC parts. First time I ordered them, they shipped the SOHC!! then had to wait another week for the correct parts.
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #124
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
s13

Hey, we will be coming back to the Big Island in October for about 2 weeks. If you want me to bring some stuff for you email or PM me. Nothing too heavy cause the airlines are charging extra if your bags are overweight.

Amy just went to Chicago for the NPC Jr. Nationals and we had to pay an extra $85.00 cause her suitcase was 25lb over the max.

We will be in Kona for most of the time and the kids wanted to stay at my moms house in Kamuela for a little while.

Let me know!!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #125
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Awesome build thread. Reminds me alot of what I had to do to our fast back. You just took it a few steps further. Rep for you!!!
SuicidnS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #126
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian240 View Post
Hey, we will be coming back to the Big Island in October for about 2 weeks. If you want me to bring some stuff for you email or PM me. Nothing too heavy cause the airlines are charging extra if your bags are overweight.

Amy just went to Chicago for the NPC Jr. Nationals and we had to pay an extra $85.00 cause her suitcase was 25lb over the max.

We will be in Kona for most of the time and the kids wanted to stay at my moms house in Kamuela for a little while.

Let me know!!

see that is how fellow Zivilians should be +1 for you man
Old 06-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #127
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Wassup Jon!! Awesome work cuz!!

Just something for you to think about. You may want to replace the oil pump and regulator valve set prior to installing the engine back into the car. Got these from the Nissan dealer for around $60.00. I rebuilt a '97 block w/87K miles and replaced the pump and regulator valve anyway cause you never know what the last guy did(or never did) to it!! Cheap insurance considering how much oil pump failure would cost in the long run!!!

Here are the part numbers:
Oil gear set: 15020-53F25
Regulator valve set: 15132-77A25

If you decide to get these, make sure they order the DOHC parts. First time I ordered them, they shipped the SOHC!! then had to wait another week for the correct parts.
Quote:

Let me know!!
Hey Kevin.
Thanks for the consideration. i was thinking about asking if there was anything else i should replace while i was in there. and thanks for all the information for the parts. but yeah, if your in kamuela during a weekend ill be there, ill message you my number if you like stop by or hang out if you have time.

shoots,
Jon
Old 06-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #128
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
hmmm, only $60 bucks? meh i just finished installing my oil pan, and bottom front cover. Whats the chance of having a bad oil pump? They dont go out much do they?
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #129
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

s13

Quote:
Hey Kevin.
Thanks for the consideration. i was thinking about asking if there was anything else i should replace while i was in there. and thanks for all the information for the parts. but yeah, if your in kamuela during a weekend ill be there, ill message you my number if you like stop by or hang out if you have time.

shoots,
Jon
Yeah, i'll stop by and talk story!! Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
hmmm, only $60 bucks? meh i just finished installing my oil pan, and bottom front cover. Whats the chance of having a bad oil pump? They dont go out much do they?
You never hear of one going out but its cheap considering the cost if you lose all oil pressure at 18psi!! I would check the clearances based on the FSM:

Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #130
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
well, im just n/a. i think ill be fine. i already have the the motor together. crossing my fingers tho.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:57 PM   #131
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Hey bro beautiful work. I give props to people that take their time and do things right. It takes time and alot of patience to do things right. Keep up the good work and the results will be well worth it.
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #132
jon_mr2

ok, finally repaired the frame rail. took me forever and a half. just needs to be grinded down and some paint/undercoating. heres some pics:

also decided to paint the calipers... i know red is overated, but i like it, so thats how itll be.

got one of these knobs for the handbrake... lol

k, thats all for now. i think ill be updated more often now... that frame rail put me in lag mode or something. everytime i looked at it i was like "ugh... ill do it later" lol

Last edited by jon_mr2; 03-26-2009 at 09:48 PM..
Old 07-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #133
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Keep up the great work man!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #134
reckless13

Trader Rating: (0)
reckless13 has a spectacular aura aboutreckless13 has a spectacular aura aboutreckless13 has a spectacular aura aboutreckless13 has a spectacular aura aboutreckless13 has a spectacular aura aboutreckless13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, your doing an awesome job with the resto. Props to you, A lot of people would have tried to find another car.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #135
CoreyS13
Zilvia Junkie

CoreyS13 is on the path to ruinCoreyS13 is on the path to ruinCoreyS13 is on the path to ruin
Wow! Looks great, very good workmanship.

Was that chrome trimming around the wheel wells? If so was there any surface rust forming underneith them?
CoreyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #136
NRogge

NRogge is an unknown quantity at this point
nice job man. i like this build, reminds me of my own

240atlanta.com
NRogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #137
jon_mr2

okay, got more parts in the mail this week. kind of had a long week, so i didnt even bring tools home and i messed my thumb up at work on friday. so might just relax, or if i feel up to it i might start putting stuff back now the frame rail is on

air filter

nismo aluminum shiftknob and new genuine shiftboot

genuine engine gasket set and timing chain set

new brake master, clutch master, clutch slave and water pump
Old 07-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #138
s14kouki44
Leaky Injector

s14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to alls14kouki44 is a name known to all
good job dude, i cant wait to do this someday
s14kouki44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #139
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
that shift knob will burn the shit out of your hand
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #140
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOdom1 View Post
that shift knob will burn the shit out of your hand
hah... so ive heard. hopefully getting the ac working will help a little, or maybe stick a sock over it :P
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #141
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
UsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to UsJdmTUner
did you get upper and lower timing chain and tensioners and guides? make sure you replace them.. i see box but im not too sure if you have everything...be prepepare to replace the some of the hose there.. mine just broke when i pulled the front timing chain cover.. make sure you remove all the silicone on the cover and engine and put a nice bead of gasket to seal it...
UsJdmTUner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #142
Char
Leaky Injector

Char is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
hah... so ive heard. hopefully getting the ac working will help a little, or maybe stick a sock over it :P
AC wont help much... unless you want to let the car sit for a good 10 minutes before driving it. I have some cheap one I bought from AA thats black... The best to do is just not keep your hand on it. lol
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #143
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
keep taking pictures!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 PM   #144
neverrain
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
neverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud ofneverrain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Yea, i live in LA and leave for work at 2pm, which is all kinds of fun since I have to park my car outside. I got real tired of burning the shit out my hand when trying to back down my driveway so I bought this Nismo knob

Needless to say I don't burn my hand anymore.

Nice build btw. I wish I had enough free time to do this. Plus having a second car to drive when mine is torn apart would help too.
neverrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #145
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Gets better every time i check it.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #146
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

s13

Keep up the awesome build Jon. Can't wait to see it in October!!

Take it easy cuz!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #147
jon_mr2

got something nice in the mail today. candy apple red powdercoated valve cover, with polished letters. pictures really dont do it justice. but yeah, id like to thank fromxtor for the paintjob.

also, got sick of the steering rack being super stand out silver, so got some cast iron paint and redid it, i like it a lot better this way. plus i forgot to put some lock-tite stuff. so, it had to come apart. id like to get more work done this weekend. new goodies make me very motivated.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #148
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Looks good Jon, I have more pics of the VC if you want them.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #149
mateoo
Zilvia Member

mateoo is an unknown quantity at this point
dizzam, i want to move to hawaii
mateoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #150
240_hawaii

240_hawaii is an unknown quantity at this point
hey jon its Thane in hilo long time no see i was gonna ask Derek what you were doing wit your 240 but all i had to do was go on zilvia hahaha great job im glad someone has decided to go deep in a rebuild and show everyone All of the problems that come up wit doing a build great work call me up some time
btw i feel you on the shipping crunch its a bitch!