Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
superduner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
superduner can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation Starting L28ET issue.

So me and my cousin are trying to get this puppy started. the engine cranks good and smooth. : however it doesn't seem to want to turn on and if anyone has any experience with these your help would be greatly appreciated.

we have replaced all of the vacuum hoses with new ones.
replaced cooling fluid
replaced cooling/water hoses
the mass airflow sensor works. (put in the one from my cousins RUNNING l28et (Stock) )
hot wired a STOCK 280zx fuel pump (and it works and pumps gas)
new ngk spark plugs.
there is definitely spark going to all sparkplugs (tested)
firing order is correct ( referred to my cousins L28et and compression checked)
there is FUEL
there is power to the injectors

it seems like everything is as it should be to start up. we've reached a screeching halt after replacing alot of crap and wonder whats wrong with it. so i came to the forums to get help since the engine will most likely be put in a 72 z i get in the nearby future. so i want to get it running

please HELP me get this TURTLE back to life

Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
superduner
Zilvia Member

NEWSFLASH!

today i went at it again. i plugged up the ZX's ecu on the 240z turtle and it started (with some trouble at first since im sure the ecu needed to reset) but it started nonetheless so by that the ECU WORKS.

so to be scratch ECU off the list of possibility error. i plugged the 100% working 240z turbo ecu on the ZX

adding to the list i got a ground cable and bridged the block to the chassis. (literally) so the ground has to be good now.

i sprayed some starting fluid and the sucker wanted to turn on. it really did for about 2 seconds. but im sure it was just the starting fluid doing its thang. i checked the spark plugs after a few trial and errors. and about 3 seemed to have some burn in them yet the other 3 seemed ALOT cleaner as in. NEW..... so im thinking no gas is going in those. i cleaned the injector connections with sandpaper and screwdriver to clean terminals. and with a test light checked the clips if they had power and all lines have power. i connected injector clips back on and its ready to try again. and i clipped i got the timing to a spot where it almost wants to turn on by itself sometimes. but with help of starting fluid.

right now im waiting for the battery to get charged up again at KRAGEN since the battery is low it doesn't turn the engine no more.

If it doesn't want to start after the injector conection clean up and some of the other shit i tested. then im pulling off the injectors and rail and checking if they spray outside of the car.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
superduner
Zilvia Member

Newsflash #2....

well the car seems to be able to stay on for like 1.5 or 2 seconds with starting fluid however it still kind of wants to start by itself but it DOES'NT. so i narrowed it down to GAS issues.

i got the battery back and threw it on. i removed the fuel rail and injectors and layed it ontop of the engine and plugged the fuel lines and cranked it. to my surprize only injector #6 spits gas. im not sure if its supposed to spit ALOT or not but it seemed kind of a weak sauce spray to me. but it spits none the less. as for injectors 1-5 NOTHING. all 6 injector clips have power so they should be spitting gas if the injectors were good RIGHT ? :/ or what else could it be given the information i've provided.

anyone know what replacement injectors are good that will fit STOCK? will NA zx injectors do the job good ? as there are plenty of those in junkyards.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
SidewaysGts

Trader Rating: (0)
SidewaysGts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know t his is back a few months, but ever get this thing running? Never got an update if you did or not. I know you said your wires are correct but in the picture they look off to me- is that a current picture? Double check em, 153624. Counter clock wise. Its hard to see but at the very least it looks like youve got it going to 1 first and then 6 right off the bat.
SidewaysGts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
zylvia213
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (36)
zylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond reputezylvia213 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zylvia213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysGts View Post
I know t his is back a few months, but ever get this thing running? Never got an update if you did or not. I know you said your wires are correct but in the picture they look off to me- is that a current picture? Double check em, 153624. Counter clock wise. Its hard to see but at the very least it looks like youve got it going to 1 first and then 6 right off the bat.

i agree, firing order seems wrong even though its kinda hard to see.

Firing order stated above is correct.... just remember its counter clock wise.
zylvia213 is offline   Reply With Quote