Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
ka-t idle issue.. died on me today

so my car was driving fine a few days ago until it overheated... it was no big deal, the coolant line was resting on the manifold making all the passing coolant super hot.

so when i fixed that i tucked those wires between the 2 plugs on the distributor, so all i did was unplug the top plug then plug it back it.

i unplugged the maf and plugged it back in after rerouting the wires for it.

ever since i did that my car has been driving very weird, as if i have a boost leak. pegs 10.0 AFR the second i enter positive manifold pressure.
justin checked out my CELS and i had one for a secondary o2 sensor... mine is screwed into the framerail, where it has been the last 3 months. cleared the code, and it came back on within 5 miles of driving..

heres the BIG issue

going into neutral approaching a stop sign/light the idle drops and fluctuates and was nearly dying, shooting to 1k, dying, shooting to 1k, then as i came to a stop settling at 800 where is used to sit.

today it actually died, which tells me something is wrong...

i know patrick said just clean the IACV, but i cant help but wonder why suddenly it just popped out of nowhere?

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
it has to be the fact you moved the wires.. check for signs of exposed wiring or even a faulty connector.. make sure all the wiring looks good. Then maybe try puting it how it was before temporarly and seeing if the problem goes away?

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
deuceforty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
deuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of lightdeuceforty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimo Power View Post
it has to be the fact you moved the wires.. check for signs of exposed wiring or even a faulty connector.. make sure all the wiring looks good. Then maybe try puting it how it was before temporarly and seeing if the problem goes away?
i checked it out and one of the grounds out of the pigtail to the maf seems loose... im thinking i might need another pigtail for my n60

TWO TONE COUPE FS NC
deuceforty is offline   Reply With Quote