Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
bunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bunnathp
Need help with wheel/suspension lowering

Ok, so i just lowered my car a decent amount, and when i do a fast right turn, the left wheel rubs against, im guessing, the wheel well. So iono what i should do, should i raise my car? or could i in any way modify the wheel well in any way?
help would be appreciated. i tried searching, but couldnt find anything.

Im running 215/45/17s all across.
and there is about an inch gap from the fender to the top of the tire. thanks.. i need help!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
good god your gonna get flamed for this.

remover fender lining, hammer fender lips, grow testicles

215/45 is in no way shape or form a large tire
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
remover fender lining, hammer fender lips, grow testicles

215/45 is in no way shape or form a large tire
It might not the fender lips he's rubbing against, its might be the frame. There is a big metal tab you need to hammer down, it rubs against the top of the tire. At least, that was my problem.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

bunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of lightbunnathp is a glorious beacon of light
ok. thanks for being mean, im a noob that needed help. thats how you learn, by asking. but thanks for the help.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

yeah i hope that will work. because im not sure if it hits the top. nothing happens when i turn left or drive straight or even slow right turns. so i guess ill try removing the fender lining and see what happens and hammer the metal tab.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnathp View Post
yeah i hope that will work. because im not sure if it hits the top. nothing happens when i turn left or drive straight or even slow right turns. so i guess ill try removing the fender lining and see what happens and hammer the metal tab.
Yeah, that was the same exact thing that happened to me. It would only be fast right turns.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
awesomenick
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
awesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfectionawesomenick is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
See what looks like it's rubbing, and get it out of the way. done.

S13's have a lot of lips, etc in the wheelwell that rub. just hit them with a hammer!
awesomenick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

i have an s14. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
stop messin with the computer get outside jack that shit up
and look where its rubing if u dont know take pix post on here

or

stop driving so fast drive slow homie
Old 09-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

haha ill jack it up this weekend, i guess. im at school right now. ill just take off all the shit =)
Old 09-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
AWSneer
Leaky Injector

AWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enough
hammer+ metal parts that are in the way+ elbow greece= solution to problem.

I may not own a 240, but I have plenty of tire rubbing experience
(try running 17x8 5zigens with 245.40.17's on a slammed impreza. +48 offset i might add. Can you say amazing autoxer? yes please.
AWSneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

ill this this. thanks guys =)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #13
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

do i need to move the harness after ive removed the fender lining? thats for both s13 and s14?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

nvm. id just like to know if i have to move harnesses on both sides.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #15
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnathp View Post
nvm. id just like to know if i have to move harnesses on both sides.
Just drivers side

Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #16
spoolandslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: lost in a bump splice in the fabric of our clockwork
Trader Rating: (12)
spoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfectionspoolandslide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
just get a knife and cut the tire so it wont rub
spoolandslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #17
bunnathp
Zilvia Member

haha i think thatll cause me more problem in the long run.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #18
Enjin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Enjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjin Send a message via Yahoo to Enjin
big hammers work really well on the s chassis.

1991 Nissan 240sx

www.tractionoptional.com

Enjin is offline   Reply With Quote