Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Indentify these plugs / MAP sensor install

Alright, so i ran into a little bump during my pfc djetro install.

what are these 2 plugs? they look after market. 1 has 2 prongs which is the same number as the MAP sensor.

both are located under the top of the intake mani and above the oil filter.
could that be a previously installed map sensor?

where are you guys putting your map sensors? flipping through the japanese manual doesnt really help me. Ive searched around alot and found nothing, do i have to tap my own hole? or is there a place where i can thread it in already

ILoveJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Looks like TPS and MAP... but I've never run a PFC so I'm just guessin.

I've tapped for MAPs before, not a big deal - I can't think of anything you could use as an existing hole, besides maybe a vacuum port with some sort of adapter...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Looks like TPS and MAP... but I've never run a PFC so I'm just guessin.

I've tapped for MAPs before, not a big deal - I can't think of anything you could use as an existing hole, besides maybe a vacuum port with some sort of adapter...
tps is plugged in.. motor is s13 redtop. where did you tap for a map?
ILoveJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Anywhere in the intake manifold... usually the back, on the "plenum" not the "runners". Is the MAP sensor 1/8" NPT? Just look for a tap that's the same size/thread pitch as the sensor (and a T-handle that'll fit the tap), and the tap will tell you what size drill bit to use. Remove the manifold (safest way), drill, tap, and enjoy. I use teflon tape on all my air/water threads, but that's just me.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
3pin looks like a Greddy/HKS sender for oil or water.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
3pin looks like a Greddy/HKS sender for oil or water.
Good thinkin - it's probably MAP and Coolant Temp.