Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #301
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Yes.

I am for legalizing all drugs.

Seriously.

This country has forgotten the basic principle of personal choice - as well as personal responsibility.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be allowed to choose what I do or do not ingest?

because years of my mother doing coke, has caused her to not have any patience, and the mood swings are out of control. And when she was high, she told her oldest son to move the fuck out...all because I didn't wake up at 12 am in the morning to move some boxes for her. Who would have known I was still in highschool.

Not saying that if she didn't do drugs, would she have these moodswings, but I'm sure she wouldn't have been up for 3 days straight, and at midnight woke me up to move a box she could have done herself, and then getting crazy on me cause I said no.
Next day, I asked what her problem was (not the best question) but she started swinging at me.

my argument being...people that smoke weed. are less likely to randomly brake out and fight people. and the long terms effects of smoking, is mild to nothing compared to long term effects of any other drug.

I do smoke weed, not for being fucked up, but for relaxing (my brain never rests...so I'm told). de-stresses me at the end of the day. Much like having a beer! Except I don't get bloated, and have gas at work all next day.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #302
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
^ i have found that "autism" in a lot of cases is a parent's excuse for an obnoxious child. more parenting, less weed would go a long way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
^or its caused by pressure from the skull on the brain
Both of you put down the Xbox controllers and go read a science book or something. geez!

My gf's sister has a B.S. in Psych and she works with autistic children every day. I showed her those articles yesterday and she could only agree with the mother in the article. She is now thinking of making this her Master's Thesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy240 View Post
Are you serious? Autism is a genetic disorder not some issue with pressure from the skull.
DING! DING! DING! winnar!

Quote:
The problem is what works for one might not work for all. How long until we have 12 year olds using marijuana because it "helps" with their ADHD? Personally I think medical marijuana should only be available to adults over a certain age. Like somebody else stated that dispenseries mainly cater to the 20 somethings who may or may not be using it medically. I'd be interested to see how many people would be interested in "legalizing" if they couldn't get a prescription up until a certain age or all the other options are exhausted.
Last I checked, they treated hyperactive kids with UPPERS. But yes, I do agree with you that the dispensaries, or at least out here in CA, should be a bit less lenient.

I have been a patient for a few yrs now due to a work injury and have noticed, every time I'm in a dispensary, more and more 20-somethings walk in who look like NOTHING is wrong with them yet are not questioned. These are the exact people who we don't want fucking things up for everybody else who truly needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
lol I dont think autism is caused from parents not being around or giving enough love.

As long as it helps I dont see why its not a prob under parents supervision. I do think marijuana should be only given to adults. But shit they give kids prescription pills if they get hurt or if they really need them (for whatever reason). Why cant kids take prescription marijuana under supervision. If it really helps the kid and its the safer choice, then I would rather see a kid eat a marijuana cookie then take a hand full of random pills.

Marijuana > pills
bolded some well-stated points.

I myself am on the fence with this giving-my-kid-pot thing. However, before the finger-wavers chime in I'd like to state: So you would rather throw big pharmaceutical companies your hard earned dimes in exchange for some man made, potentially dangerous (as far as long term damage goes) drugs vs something natural???

If organic produce is all the rage nowadays, why can't there be some organic medicines? Oh wait, there are. you can find them at your local vitamin store. Only, the bottles are required to have labels that say something along the lines of "These statements/claims have not been investigated/endorsed by the FDA....blah blah blah". Because Big Gov't only wants our money to go to the big pharmaceuticals, who in turn donate obscene amounts to their favorite politician. it's a wicked game that the gov't is playing and we're all pawns.

And all of these closed minded people opposed to medically treating children with marijuana need to put the Bible down and take a look at the proof in the pudding! The child in the articles I quoted is not the only case of an autistic child being treated with it. In fact, a quick Google search turns up many different cases across the country.

search results: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=autistic+child+marijuana

It's time to wake up people! They're slowly turning our children into the next wave of drug dependent zombies! Just the mere fact that marijuana is scheduled in the same category as meth and heroin is what is blocking all the scientific research from happening, thus enabling Gov't to continue feeding us with their lies about marijuana having no medicinal benefits.
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #303
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to be more specific my main reason for asking how long until a 12 year-old is given marijuana for "ADHD" is because to me "ADHD" is a JOKE that forces parents to feed their kids drugs for no viable reason (you can replace ADHD with really any disease, a term which I use very loosely in this situation). And to be honest most people will come up with any reason to have something they want (especially Parents who want an excuse for why their child acts or is a certain way), in this case, marijuana. Also whats to say a parent wants their child on medical marijuana, they cook it up for them (since obviously they won't be smoking it (at least I would hope not)) whats to stop the parents or other family members from partaking?

That is why I believe that if you want medical marijuana there need to be VERY strict regulations on how and who it is given to. Also it should certainly not be a "first" option IMO. Like I said before about the 20 somethings in the dispensaries, try it with patients who are older to begin with. See how many people (mainly 18-25 year olds) are for medical legalization then. I feel they are only interested in it now because it would become much easier / safer to smoke and not be in trouble, not because of some life threatening illness or chronic pain.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #304
dert420sx
Zilvia Junkie

dert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant futuredert420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Just to be more specific my main reason for asking how long until a 12 year-old is given marijuana for "ADHD" is because to me "ADHD" is a JOKE that forces parents to feed their kids drugs for no viable reason (you can replace ADHD with really any disease, a term which I use very loosely in this situation). And to be honest most people will come up with any reason to have something they want (especially Parents who want an excuse for why their child acts or is a certain way), in this case, marijuana. Also whats to say a parent wants their child on medical marijuana, they cook it up for them (since obviously they won't be smoking it (at least I would hope not)) whats to stop the parents or other family members from partaking?

That is why I believe that if you want medical marijuana there need to be VERY strict regulations on how and who it is given to. Also it should certainly not be a "first" option IMO. Like I said before about the 20 somethings in the dispensaries, try it with patients who are older to begin with. See how many people (mainly 18-25 year olds) are for medical legalization then. I feel they are only interested in it now because it would become much easier / safer to smoke and not be in trouble, not because of some life threatening illness or chronic pain.
You are right and I completely agree. ADHD is a fucking joke of a diagnosis; it's merely a legal means for a doctor to slang your child some legal, big pharmaceutical crack. But I would also venture further as to say, though, that I highly doubt a parent who truly cares for and who will do anything for their ailing child would ever take that as a loophole to get high.

Back when we were young little kids our parents never used ADD/ADDHD as a reason why were so hyper. I don't think it was coined as a phrase until, and I did not look this up, at the very earliest the early to mid 90's. In fact, go visit a daycare or (for you pedobears lol) go drive by an elementary school playground during recess. I guaran-fucking-tee you will see kids running around bouncing off each other. It's what kids do. My mom used to turn off my old nintendo mid-game just to tell me to go play outside. And my lil bro and I would until she called us in to eat dinner.

Also, the fact that we live in an age where "if you don't like what's going on, speak up and rally about it" just means that the ones who typically will not like what's going on are usually the younger rebellious demographic who are already jaded enough with government as it is without even bringing marijuana into the discussion. So it seems only logical for them to use the medical loophole to give the proverbial finger to the "man". And, as I previously stated, these are the EXACT PEOPLE WE DO NOT WANT NOR NEED representing the case for medicinal marijuana.

The fact stands that people will abuse substances be it pills/alcohol/food, etc., i/e: Lots of people share their Rx-only pills with their friends, binge drink or are full blown alcoholics, obesity is a huge problem in this country.
The key is to fully regulate and make it harder for people to get medicinal marijuana unless it is fully legalized and the gov't just doesn't care about it.
dert420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #305
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
because years of my mother doing coke, has caused her to not have any patience, and the mood swings are out of control. And when she was high, she told her oldest son to move the fuck out...all because I didn't wake up at 12 am in the morning to move some boxes for her. Who would have known I was still in highschool.

Not saying that if she didn't do drugs, would she have these moodswings, but I'm sure she wouldn't have been up for 3 days straight, and at midnight woke me up to move a box she could have done herself, and then getting crazy on me cause I said no.
Next day, I asked what her problem was (not the best question) but she started swinging at me.

my argument being...people that smoke weed. are less likely to randomly brake out and fight people. and the long terms effects of smoking, is mild to nothing compared to long term effects of any other drug.

I do smoke weed, not for being fucked up, but for relaxing (my brain never rests...so I'm told). de-stresses me at the end of the day. Much like having a beer! Except I don't get bloated, and have gas at work all next day.
First off, let me just say that what you experienced is a tragic and unfortunate reality. I would never wish that scenario on anyone.

However, your post brings up some very interesting points.

As you already mentioned, the correlation between her mood swings and her cocaine use doesn't necessarily have to be certain.

Personally, I wouldn't doubt it. Cocaine is a pretty strong stimulant. Plus, going three days without sleep would just add to the extreme emotional outbursts. So I imagine your mother was pretty aggressive and distraught at the time.

However, what you're describing isn't what I'd call cocaine use. It's cocaine abuse.

In essence, what your mother experienced is a possibility, but it isn't necessarily indicative of everyone's reactions.

For example, a large percentage of alcoholics are born that way. Unfair as life can be, it cursed individuals with a certain genetic make up that predisposes them to show extremely and/or physical reactions to the consumption of alcohol. I, however, am not one of these individuals.

I can drink a beer, and leave it at that. I can drink a lot before I feel the effects of inebriation. And I can go months without drinking. I don't show any physical signs of withdrawal after consuming quantities of alcohol (small or big).

A former superior of mine wasn't so lucky. He was one the unlucky individuals I described earlier.

He drank when he got up in the morning. Every morning. He drank at least a bottle of wine when he got home in the evening. Every BBQ, birthday party he had at least two kegs standing out. If he wasn't working, he had an alcoholic beverage in his hand.

In fact, I remember this one time, him and I were responsible for the set up and take down of one of his friend's weddings at a local bar. We drank a couple of beers before setup, got trashed during the wedding party, and I eventually ended up crashing at his house at 4:00 a.m. At 8:00 a.m. we were back at the bar taking down chairs and tables. I hadn't set 5 steps inside when he ordered a pitcher of beer.

Unfortunately, this individual would more often than not show a negative response after drinking alcohol.

When he didn't drink enough his hands would shake. He'd have emotional outbursts over the most ridiculous issues. He'd show up for work drunk. I mean, this dude would threaten to shoot people. Literally!

Things escalated to the point where his behavior and decisions resulted in a government investigation being launched, with the end result being the he had his career advancement opportunities permanently eliminated - in fact, he probably would have faced immediate dismissal if it hadn't been for his time in service and ongoing family problems.

What I'm getting at is, no matter what this person did his reaction would be extreme. Almost always the outcome would be negative.

This person, was predisposed to abuse alcohol, no matter how much or how little he chose to drink

Obviously I would have preferred this the individual I've been taking about quit drinking. But that wasn't my choice to make. It was his.

We don't ban using ladders because millions of Americans fall of them and injure or kill themselves as a result. We don't revert to walking everywhere even though millions of Americans die in transportation related accidents every year.

The extremes and risk don't, or at least shouldn't, dictate what our choices are or who gets to make the decision. Risk is an inevitable part of life. We can minimize, or at least try to minimize those risks, but it's virtually impossible to eliminate all of them. The choice, when it exists, of whether to engage those risks should be left to the individual.

One of the founding principles of this country was the belief in reason and self governance.

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Why is an adult individual, allowed to cast a vote, participate in politics, defend their nation, or start multi-billion dollar corporation - all of which would have far wider reaching consequences - not allowed, without of fear criminal prosecution, to decide what they choose to ingest into their own bodies?

It's absurd.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #306
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Its not always the parents that say there kid acts a certain way to get pills for adhd or add. Actually alot of school teachers and school nurses are the ones that tell the parents there kids might have add or adhd and to see a doc.

Yes, but whats stopping the parents or other family from partaking in the kids pills??

I figure try the safest thing first ( marijuana ) Then if that does not work then start trying other things.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #307
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I figure try the safest thing first ( marijuana ) Then if that does not work then start trying other things.
Obviously this is the part where we disagree and will continue to. I do not find marijuana in any form the safest form of medicating a child. Are all pills great, no. Are all of them bad, no.

I think we can all agree that how they plan on mediating the whole situation will really decide whether medically marijuana gets legalized
Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #308
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
"medical marijuana" should be like any form of prescription. case by case basis. Hopefully without the help of Rx companies hands in it.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #309
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
"medical marijuana" should be like any form of prescription. case by case basis. Hopefully without the help of Rx companies hands in it.
y????

its not like zanex or anyother drug were you can die or overdose...
Old 11-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #310
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
y????

Because its just like any other prescribed drug, it can be ABUSED
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #311
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_limo View Post
y????

had nothing to do with o.d. had more so to do with treating problems correctly. Not give marijuana for everything. At least keep Rx companies out of the "here's a vacation for selling x amounts of prescriptions". Thats what I don't want to hear.

Quote:
This is true...yet unavoidable. we don't know who will be abusing vs building an immunity and needed larger doses.

I think the way they should pass marijuana should be just like alcohal. Has anyone found treatment results for alcohal? Why would that drug be more tollerable than any other drug? cause its just normal?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #312
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
See I dont like this. Because ppl ABUSE alcohol everyday and die from it but yet its still ok. Just like ciggs ppl ABUSE ciggs by smoking 2 or 3 packs a day and die from it. But you dont see anyone fighting to get alcohol or ciggs out of the streets. I mean there are groups that dont want it around but shit there nothing compared to the amount of ppl that use.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #313
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
See I dont like this. Because ppl ABUSE alcohol everyday and die from it but yet its still ok. Just like ciggs ppl ABUSE ciggs by smoking 2 or 3 packs a day and die from it. But you dont see anyone fighting to get alcohol or ciggs out of the streets. I mean there are groups that dont want it around but shit there nothing compared to the amount of ppl that use.
Thats because there is no "medical" use for either of those stubstances. IF you want marijuana for "medical" purposes it needs to be regulated much more than it is now. A prescription is a must and a set amount should be given, no more, no less until the prescription is set to be refilled similar to the "dangerous" pills people talk about. Alcohol and ciggarettes are also a personal choice, your talking about being prescribed something to combat a condition.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #314
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Thats because there is no "medical" use for either of those stubstances. IF you want marijuana for "medical" purposes it needs to be regulated much more than it is now. A prescription is a must and a set amount should be given, no more, no less until the prescription is set to be refilled similar to the "dangerous" pills people talk about. Alcohol and ciggarettes are also a personal choice, your talking about being prescribed something to combat a condition.
If that's the case why not make it legal for people over 21, and under that age you need a prescription to use it?

I don't see why, as an of age citizen, I need the government to tell me what mind altering substances are O.K. and which ones aren't.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #315
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
If that's the case why not make it legal for people over 21, and under that age you need a prescription to use it?

I don't see why, as an of age citizen, I need the government to tell me what mind altering substances are O.K. and which ones aren't.
Because talking about "legalizing it" and using it for "medicinal" purposes are two TOTALLY different things. Recently we have not been talking about the use of marijuana "socially" but for helping with various sicknesses. And the government has every right to tell what you can and cannot do. They make laws for a reason whether you like it or not. Some people think they should be able to drive 110 on the freeway, but guess what thats not the case.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #316
sb253
Zilvia Member

sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to sb253
a week ago

First U.S. marijuana cafe opens in Portland | U.S. | Reuters
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #317
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
And the government has every right to tell what you can and cannot do. They make laws for a reason whether you like it or not.
Sure, the government can pass and enforce a lot of laws; like the Jim Crow laws...
Old 11-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #318
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Sure, the government can pass and enforce a lot of laws; like the Jim Crow laws...
I am not saying you have to agree with every law but if you have a problem with them there are plenty of channels to voice your frustration and state your wish for a change.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #319
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

I dont understand how half of this country is going to legalize or decriminalize then the other half is going to be prescription only. This will not work at all just legalize it already fuck. That why sick ppl can have it and we can enjoy it.

Plus yes the government makes the laws be you can even agree there are some laws that are just plan stupid. I dont need the government telling me what I can eat, sleep, drink its my life and its a free country. Why does the government have the right to tell me what I can and can not do.

Dont forget alcohol is mind altering but they let us drink as much as we want.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #320
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I dont understand how half of this country is going to legalize or decriminalize then the other half is going to be prescription only. This will not work at all just legalize it already fuck. That why sick ppl can have it and we can enjoy it.
Its entirely up to the states at this point. Sick people can have it in 13 states I believe. Just because one state does it doesn't mean they all should. I see nothing wrong with decriminalzing it in one state and using it for medicinal purposes only in another.

Quote:
Plus yes the government makes the laws be you can even agree there are some laws that are just plan stupid. I dont need the government telling me what I can eat, sleep, drink its my life and its a free country. Why does the government have the right to tell me what I can and can not do.

Dont forget alcohol is mind altering but they let us drink as much as we want.
The government doesn't tell you what you can or cannot eat, tell you that you need or don't need sleep, and it doesn't tell you to drink Pepsi vs Coke. Thats all free choice. Laws are there are for a reason, its your choice to obey them or not. Do you always follow the speed limit? My point is people are always going to do what they wish anyway regardless of what the government or anybody else for that matter tells them.

There are plenty of other mind altering agents that are legal also, not just alcohol. If thats your argument I am sure alot of people who use other illegal drugs wouldn't mind them being made legal because its personal choice to use LSD, Marijuana, Cocaine, Mushrooms, or any other substance. So lets just jump in the deepend legalize them all and see where we go?
Old 11-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #321
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

I think a big part of the problem is that people believe that criminalizing a substance discourages most people from using it, and that if these substances were decriminalized, or even legalized, usage rates would skyrocket.

Fact of the matter is that this is not the case. Those people who use drugs do so regardless of the legality of it. The Netherlands, despite decriminalizing cannabis to the point of being legal in all but name (still regulated, btw), has lower usage rates than Germany, France, Spain, and some other European countries.

The United States, despite heavy prohibition laws against most of these psychoactive substances, has some of the highest usage rates in the world. The cocaine in the US, for example, is purer and cheaper than anywhere else in the world save perhaps the countries of origin.

I would argue, it'd be far more effective (and cheaper) to legalize all these "bad" substances and spend money on treatment programs to help those that do develop substance abuse problems.

Afterall, when it comes down to it, substance abuse is a public health problem, not a criminal issue. Or would you propose outlawing tobacco use in order to reduce cancer rates?

The "war on drugs" has been a disastrous failure. Far more lives have been lost or destroyed because of it than have been "saved".
Old 11-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #322
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
so why are we still on this topic?

the question is who smokes marijuana here?

and how many people actually relate to this?

i mean the choice is urs, just do it at ur house so that way u dont put urself in the view of anyone and mind ur own business. cause this is a long topic and it will never end unless the government actually legalizes marijuana.
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #323
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Its entirely up to the states at this point. Sick people can have it in 13 states I believe. Just because one state does it doesn't mean they all should. I see nothing wrong with decriminalzing it in one state and using it for medicinal purposes only in another.

The government doesn't tell you what you can or cannot eat, tell you that you need or don't need sleep, and it doesn't tell you to drink Pepsi vs Coke. Thats all free choice. Laws are there are for a reason, its your choice to obey them or not. Do you always follow the speed limit? My point is people are always going to do what they wish anyway regardless of what the government or anybody else for that matter tells them.

There are plenty of other mind altering agents that are legal also, not just alcohol. If thats your argument I am sure alot of people who use other illegal drugs wouldn't mind them being made legal because its personal choice to use LSD, Marijuana, Cocaine, Mushrooms, or any other substance. So lets just jump in the deepend legalize them all and see where we go?

I know that every state has the own choice on what they want. I dont find it cool how one state can legalize something but right when you go over state lines that same thing you can get sent to prison for.

No lets not just jump right in. Im saying that soooo many ppl think marijuana is bad but yet most ppl think alcohol is not bad at all. But in reality alcohol is way more harmful then marijuana. I say that we should decriminalize marijuana and put a age limit on it.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #324
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:

The only consequence for me smoking weed would be the penalties the government imposed on me.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #325
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
You all realize that the only reason for marijuana to be illegal is that it already is illegal right? It is unquestionably no more dangerous then alcohol or tobacco, both of which are already legal. Shit makes no sense at all...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #326
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
You all realize that the only reason for marijuana to be illegal is that it already is illegal right? It is unquestionably no more dangerous then alcohol or tobacco, both of which are already legal. Shit makes no sense at all...
I happen to disagree as to why its illegal, it really doesn't have much to do with whether its better or worse than other drugs. The biggest reason it is not legal and things like alcohol and tobacco are is the control the government has over the substances. Its very easy for them to control and monitor alcohol or tobacco, drugs (even prescription drugs, which is why they are prescription) are very difficult to control and monitor. And until there is a way to better control the substance regardless of how "safe" it is, it will not be legalized.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #327
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
I happen to disagree as to why its illegal, it really doesn't have much to do with whether its better or worse than other drugs. The biggest reason it is not legal and things like alcohol and tobacco are is the control the government has over the substances. Its very easy for them to control and monitor alcohol or tobacco, drugs (even prescription drugs, which is why they are prescription) are very difficult to control and monitor. And until there is a way to better control the substance regardless of how "safe" it is, it will not be legalized.
What are you talking about? If the government decides it wants to control and monitor marijuana production and distribution, it will. It is no more difficult to control then alcohol or tobacco, the procedures and personnel just need to be tweaked slightly and implemented. As soon as it is legal to have a real store that sells pot, the street dealers are done. In order to operate a business you need reciepts and and such for taxes. As more stores open the suppliers will expand and become more "legit" in order to supply the stores with what they need to keep out of tax trouble. It's simple business, just like anything else. Of course you will have people exploiting the system for whatever they can, but that happens with any product and will be no more or less of a problem with marijuana.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #328
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
What are you talking about? If the government decides it wants to control and monitor marijuana production and distribution, it will. It is no more difficult to control then alcohol or tobacco, the procedures and personnel just need to be tweaked slightly and implemented. As soon as it is legal to have a real store that sells pot, the street dealers are done. In order to operate a business you need reciepts and and such for taxes. As more stores open the suppliers will expand and become more "legit" in order to supply the stores with what they need to keep out of tax trouble. It's simple business, just like anything else. Of course you will have people exploiting the system for whatever they can, but that happens with any product and will be no more or less of a problem with marijuana.
Again this is where we disagree. The main difference is the way and how these products are produced. America has a plethora of tobacco fields and alcohol manufacturing facilities. Who controls the Marijuana? The US clearly would have to devote a huge portion of property to even produce it. And what happens if cigarette companies for example to decide to produce and sell marijuana? People will surely complain when they have to pay whatever price they set for it, why because they can. I mean how do you decide who will actually produce and sell the product? Obviously it will have to monitored for various factors, quality, quantity etc. I am sure brands would have to meet certain criteria. The fact is, it just isn't that simple. On top of those issues the biggest problem is the providing such a large amount of product. Since a lot of other countries rely on the US to purchase a large quantity of illegal drugs it will create a lot of tension between these groups and our country. Maybe you see things differently.

And to be honest it isn't a "simple" business, and there really aren't a whole lot of exploits with alcohol or tobacco for that matter. As to the best of my knowledge the last Alcohol that was illegal was Absinthe and that was legalized in 2007 or 2008 I believe. On top of that instead of dealers selling "harmless marijuana", since it will now be legal, taxed, and monitored, they will probably be forced to sell harder drugs to make their ends meat. Since a lot of them use this as their only form of income, especially in large cities like Los Angeles or New York. All this does in all honesty is perpetuate the problem and make drugs an even larger issue.

Lastly what about all the states that already have smoking bans. Most of which include smoking in bars, restaurants, and work places. Do you really want a bunch of people walking around the streets smoking marijuana? Personally if it does go through the legalization process I would assume it would be considered much like alcohol, where consuming walking around the street is against various city and state ordinances.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #329
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Again this is where we disagree. The main difference is the way and how these products are produced. America has a plethora of tobacco fields and alcohol manufacturing facilities. Who controls the Marijuana? The US clearly would have to devote a huge portion of property to even produce it. And what happens if cigarette companies for example to decide to produce and sell marijuana? People will surely complain when they have to pay whatever price they set for it, why because they can. I mean how do you decide who will actually produce and sell the product? Obviously it will have to monitored for various factors, quality, quantity etc. I am sure brands would have to meet certain criteria. The fact is, it just isn't that simple. On top of those issues the biggest problem is the providing such a large amount of product. Since a lot of other countries rely on the US to purchase a large quantity of illegal drugs it will create a lot of tension between these groups and our country. Maybe you see things differently.
Marijuana is a natural, un-processed product. It is not harder to monitor how it is produced then it is to monitor someone growing carrots (for example). Alcohol and tobacco are both processed products, the regulation of their production is not really comparable to that of marijuana. Also, good pot is grown indoors so no fields are necessary. The US is already a major worldwide producer of pot anyways, so all that is really necessary it for those already growing it here to legitamize their operations. As far as realtions with countries that make their living off of drugs, FUCK EM! Who really gives a shit about how drug dealers feel about our government anyways?

Quote:
And to be honest it isn't a "simple" business, and there really aren't a whole lot of exploits with alcohol or tobacco for that matter. As to the best of my knowledge the last Alcohol that was illegal was Absinthe and that was legalized in 2007 or 2008 I believe. On top of that instead of dealers selling "harmless marijuana", since it will now be legal, taxed, and monitored, they will probably be forced to sell harder drugs to make their ends meat. Since a lot of them use this as their only form of income, especially in large cities like Los Angeles or New York. All this does in all honesty is perpetuate the problem and make drugs an even larger issue.
Oh, come-on. You are really clutching at straws with this one. First off drug dealers will always deal drugs, there is nothing you can do about that. Legalizing marijuana will not affect the demand for other drugs, so what makes you think it will affect the amount of drugs that dealers are selling? That is just non-sense. Legalizing marijuana will also free up a LOT of personnel and money to combat the distribution of other more dangerous drugs.

Quote:
Lastly what about all the states that already have smoking bans. Most of which include smoking in bars, restaurants, and work places. Do you really want a bunch of people walking around the streets smoking marijuana? Personally if it does go through the legalization process I would assume it would be considered much like alcohol, where consuming walking around the street is against various city and state ordinances.
Of course, that's just common sense. It SHOULD be treated just like alcohol or tobacco with age limits and other restrictions.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #330
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Marijuana is a natural, un-processed product. It is not harder to monitor how it is produced then it is to monitor someone growing carrots (for example). Alcohol and tobacco are both processed products, the regulation of their production is not really comparable to that of marijuana. Also, good pot is grown indoors so no fields are necessary. The US is already a major worldwide producer of pot anyways, so all that is really necessary it for those already growing it here to legitamize their operations. As far as realtions with countries that make their living off of drugs, FUCK EM! Who really gives a shit about how drug dealers feel about our government anyways?
Just because its a natural, and un-processed product does not mean it doesn't need to be tended to, and monitored. It would be just like any other crop as you stated just like growing carrots. Except the difference is people WANT marijuana, when was the last time you heard of somebody stealing from a carrot farm? My point being there, NO doubt would these "farms" require extra security measures etc. On top of that your saying it would need to be grown indoors, which last time I checked still requires plots of land for large greenhouses. Just to give you an idea a survey which is outdated by a couple years estimated Americas marijuana consumption at 17.9 million pounds per year. Marijuana typically yields 400-500 pounds per acre. Even on the high end of 500 pounds that relates to almost 36,000 acres to dedicate to growing the marijuana. On top of that this is just an estimate it could easily be more since a lot of people are not particularly open about drug use. On top of that you are very incorrect about the US being a top producer of marijuana. Mexico, Paraguay, Columbia, Brazil, and 4 or 5 countries in Africa for example are leaps and bounds ahead of America. My point being is that I can quite easily see how we could anger some groups of illegals that already have a reason to despise us. It is also pretty simple to see how that angry could grow into some type of action or attack on our soil. I'm not saying it will, but I could see how that could easily escalate.

Quote:
Oh, come-on. You are really clutching at straws with this one. First off drug dealers will always deal drugs, there is nothing you can do about that. Legalizing marijuana will not affect the demand for other drugs, so what makes you think it will affect the amount of drugs that dealers are selling? That is just non-sense. Legalizing marijuana will also free up a LOT of personnel and money to combat the distribution of other more dangerous drugs.
All I am doing is slinging my opinions whether you like them or not is irrelevant. Sure they will always sell drugs but rather than everybody and their "harmless marijuana" they will be FORCED to deal cocaine etc. since in this instance (with marijuana being legalized) there would be no conceivable reason to buy from a dealer. It makes perfect sense, supply and demand. To the best of my knowledge the personnel and money are more a "blanket" program, it is not the War on Marijuana as many would like to believe.

Quote:
Of course, that's just common sense. It SHOULD be treated just like alcohol or tobacco with age limits and other restrictions.
Atleast we agree on one point.