Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
RustyDomino

Trader Rating: (0)
RustyDomino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question No Electrical Power to S13

Hello all,

I acquired a S13 240SX in October last year, I've had minor issues until this point and all has been running smoothly. Recently, I had to replace my battery as it had a dead cell, no big deal, but now I am receiving zero electrical power to any part of the vehicle. I assumed the alternator had drained the old battery but it seems fine regarding the fact that the battery had a dead cell. I have checked the fuses and they are all in good condition. However, my ground connections to the battery seem very corroded (picture attached), but I'm not sure if they are the problem as the car was running fine just before this issue arose. I'm currently working to take the alternator out but I doubt that is the problem, could anyone think of any possible solutions to fix this electrical problem?

Note: The car seemed to stutter at some points on the road and I'm not sure if this is the alternator not providing enough power to the spark plugs or not, but I doubt the alternator caused this. Many of these issues led me to the alternator perhaps being broken but the ground connections seem like a big factor in my problem as well. (Basically I suspect the ground connections or alternator)

Thanks!

RustyDomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links