Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Exclamation HELP!!! Got a Magnaflow Cat, now idles funny and stalls

I got a Magnaflow High Flow Cat today, and now my car idles like shit and sometimes stalls since i reset teh ECU, please help me!!!

Last edited by punxva; 07-21-2005 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Need to change stugg
punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
please i really really need help solving this problem, the catalytic converter is the only thing that ive changed. Is it normal to do this, some1 told me that it might do it, until the ecu learns that its not a better flowing exhaust component. Please help me some1
Old 07-21-2005, 09:17 PM   #3
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not sure what kind of car you have or motor, but was there an O2 Sensor behind the old cat, or is there a Temp sensor in the old cat? if so did you have a bung welded in the new cat..just guessing here
Old 07-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
punxva
Post Whore!

hey sry bout not being specific, ive got a KA24DE on my 92 240sx, so the O2 sensor is on the Manifold.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
s13driver
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
s13driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you really think that the cat. converter is causing problem switch it back and see if the problem is there, if it still there then the problem is something else. i highly doubted that your cat. converter is the cause of the problem.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 PM   #6
punxva
Post Whore!

well the cat is welded in so, lol, but thats all that was done to teh car before it started acting up
Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
punxva
Post Whore!

any1????????
Old 07-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #8
90RS13
Zilvia Junkie

90RS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
well, I have a magnaflow cat as well, and mine idles fine. I also burn eproms for it though, so I don't have stock maps. Doesn't seem like that would matter though.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
SHIFT_control
Leaky Injector

SHIFT_control is a well-known jackass
I've got a magnaflow cat on my '93 HB and I have absolutely no problems at all.... other than a rotten egg smell whenever I come to a stop after light driving. Stock everything else
SHIFT_control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
cats are designed to flow one way (most of them are)

weather or not that has to do anything with your problem, its worth checking out

did you weld it in or take it to a shop? if you took it to a shop make them fix it

if you did it yourself, retrace your steps and make sure you didnt disconnect something
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by crioten
cats are designed to flow one way
so..... you could have welded it on the wrong side (althought not all cats are like that, its true)