Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 10-16-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
NCR

Trader Rating: (0)
NCR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The best P&P 5 lug conversion

Hi, I want to do a 5 lugs swap because I have bought a 5x114.3 wheels set. What kind of set is the best? I know that a lot use the Tomegun/Contano one, but I've read some bad reviews about their bearings. Is Ichiba one fine (I think that they use OEM bearings)? What do you think that it's the best option? Obviously, I'm talking about new and P&P conversion so not used ones from Z32 or S14.
NCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2023, 03:08 PM   #2
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bro why did you feel the need to create the same exact thread that you were actively getting answers on?

I don't want to help you but will correct you. You can still buy new S14 front hubs (will need matching knuckle, etc.), and new replacement bearings for the rear if you find used Z32/S14 hubs (the part w/ the lug studs and shaft that press into the bearing)

Otherwise buy Contano, ISR, Ichiba, etc. Stop trying to get spoonfed answers on quality. The info is all out there and most people are happy with whatever they purchase. It all comes down to what names you are comfortable with.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 03:57 PM   #3
NCR

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Bro why did you feel the need to create the same exact thread that you were actively getting answers on?

I don't want to help you but will correct you. You can still buy new S14 front hubs (will need matching knuckle, etc.), and new replacement bearings for the rear if you find used Z32/S14 hubs (the part w/ the lug studs and shaft that press into the bearing)

Otherwise buy Contano, ISR, Ichiba, etc. Stop trying to get spoonfed answers on quality. The info is all out there and most people are happy with whatever they purchase. It all comes down to what names you are comfortable with.
Yeah, I know that I've made 2 topics about the same thing, but I wanted other replies (since in Europe not a lot of S-chassis owners do it) from U.S. too (it's more common, I think) before buying, that's why!
Old 10-16-2023, 03:59 PM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCR View Post
Yeah, I know that I've made 2 topics about the same thing, but I wanted other replies
You're on the same forum though. With the same people. Who press the same "new posts" button...
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 04:04 PM   #5
NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
You're on the same forum though. With the same people. Who press the same "new posts" button...
I thought that the Europe section isn't used a lot (compared to the NA one). I'm sorry, I didn't want to bother anyone.
Old 10-19-2023, 05:45 AM   #6
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You're not bothering anyone, we're all here because we're old and bored and want to help. You're just not using the forum effectively, questions like this go in tech or chat. These location-based forums are for meetups and track days and stuff.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote