Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #2941
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so recently i noticed a lot more movement coming from my left rear wheel. I'm pretty sure it's one of the subframe bushings, but would still like some other opinions on what it may be.

basically: left rear wheel, when hitting a dip, that wheel tucks under my fender a lot more than the right rear wheel. Now when I pushed down on the fender side of the car, i can see the wheel move more then the right.

p.s. car is low.

reminds me of matt powers at jersey....how they video taped his rear wheel, they said they fixed the problem with it moving all over, i just don't know what they did...it really looks just like that if anyone has seen the video.

http://vimeo.com/12476340 this!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #2942
gerbil is sik

Trader Rating: (0)
gerbil is sik is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx123$ View Post
More like No modifications. Youre speedo reads double because you have an S13 motor with the original speed sensor. S13's have the same speed sensor whether its a KA or SR. Same with S14's. It has nothing to do with kph, it has to do with what chassis that sensor is for. The speed sensor needs to match the chassis, not the motor. So for your S14, any s14 speed sensor will fix your issue.
Thanks a lot man.
gerbil is sik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #2943
Urbanfer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Urbanfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Urbanfer
ECU question

I have a 95 motor KA in my 91 shell and i found an ECU unit the buyer said its a pre 96 so he said "95-96" unit will that still work on my s14 motor?
Urbanfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #2944
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Is there an OEM camber adjustment bolt in the front somewhere? like the LCA...
pacotaco345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #2945
slidewaysS15R

slidewaysS15R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Is there an OEM camber adjustment bolt in the front somewhere? like the LCA...
i think this might help you http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/176849...st-camber.html
Old 10-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #2946
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-SR20DET View Post
Anyone know any site where i can buy HKS EVC 6 components? I have the controller and the solenoid. Im missing the harnesses.
bump...............
Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #2947
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
so there might be thread for this, and i might get internet yelled [typed] at but

my car has been parked in front of my house, it hasn't moved for a week cos i broke my ankle. i went to get something out of the car a couple nights ago, and i noticed a BIG FLUCKING DENT right above the rear driverside quarter panel. i have a gold zenki, there are black paint marks. i'm thinking about filing a hit and run with the police. idk what to do. i'm about to crutch up and down my neighborhood looking for someone with gold paint marks on their car. it happened in the southridge area of fontana, CA if anybody knows anything or just what you're supposed to do in this situation? i'm pretty sure there's nothing i can do. maybe i just wanted to vent idk
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #2948
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
does a 5 window wink mirror install in the holes where the visors would be?
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #2949
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
can anyone identify this Black/Yellow wire? it's under the dash. someone spliced into it and ran a wire out through the firewall to a sensor on the KA. i have found so much ghetto rigged shit on this car since purchasing it, but seriously WTF?

Also, what is this? This is my first US S14 and i dont recall seeing any of these in my friend's cars while i was in Japan. It's in the trunk on the driver's side.

Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #2950
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
^^ Honestly if your finding a bunch of spliced, rigged, mickey moused shit on your car i would suggest removing the whole harness and replacing it with a un-fucked with one. I may have a couple if your interested, PM if you like.

As for the S14 box thingy. pull it out and flip it over and see if theres any numbers on it, then google whatever numbers you find, that usually works for me.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #2951
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the suggestion. im still interested in finding out why that wire is even spliced and running to that sensor. i have no idea what the sensor is for or the wire.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #2952
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhrikETFG View Post
does a 5 window wink mirror install in the holes where the visors would be?
if you have the brackets for it, yes. mounts with one hole on each side. you may need to swap around the brackets to find the right fit.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #2953
Ph0king
Zilvia Junkie

Ph0king is an unknown quantity at this point
What size and thread pitch are the nuts/bolts that hold the bumper reinforcement/support use?

My s14 w/ kouki conversion never came with it and I'm picking up a bumper reinforcement/support today.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #2954
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0king View Post
What size and thread pitch are the nuts/bolts that hold the bumper reinforcement/support use?

My s14 w/ kouki conversion never came with it and I'm picking up a bumper reinforcement/support today.
are you talking about the 6 nuts that hold just the support bar on? (1 on each fender, 2 on each frame rail bracket)
if so, they're the same as all the other 10mm nuts/bolts on the car. can't remember the pitch off the top of my head, but the head size is 10, thread size is 8. take a fender bolt to the hardeware store and match it.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #2955
Ph0king
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry, I was talking about the really big metal piece to bolts onto the chassis.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #2956
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
you talking about the two 14mm bolts and two 14mm nuts that hold the bumper support bracket on?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #2957
Ph0king
Zilvia Junkie

^^ yeeahh!! Thanks!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #2958
Wake
Premium Member

yeah I dont know the thread pitch but if you need em I have an extra set, You can come pick em up from me in san jose for $10, Sorry I need to pay $1600 in fines. PM me if interested.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #2959
udon!
Nissanaholic!

udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there any way I can stop my pop-up sunroof from rattling/squeaking when it is open?
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #2960
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph0king View Post
Sorry, I was talking about the really big metal piece to bolts onto the chassis.
oh, sorry about that, i forgot the us 14s had those

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
Is there any way I can stop my pop-up sunroof from rattling/squeaking when it is open?
you can buy all the hardware i have for it

may seem obvious, but, are all your brackets tight?
Old 10-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #2961
slidewaysS15R

hey guys whats the biggest turbo you have run w/o blowing your shit to hell on an SR20DET
Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #2962
Wake
Premium Member

Completely arbitrary question that has no answer. Depends on everything else involved with the build (parts, tune, builder).
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #2963
slidewaysS15R

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Completely arbitrary question that has no answer. Depends on everything else involved with the build (parts, tune, builder).
ok what are your preferences on turbos? regardless of parts tune or build
Old 10-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #2964
Wake
Premium Member

LOL to re-iterate, You cant say "regardless of parts tune or build", please dont be difficult.

on a stock SR t28 or GT2871
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 AM   #2965
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
how much would it cost me to replace syncros for a s14 tranny. cheaper to replace tranny from s13/14?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #2966
SofaKingFast
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
SofaKingFast is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SofaKingFast
I just bought a Kaaz 2 way already installed in a pumpkin (5 bolt axle shafts), but wouldn't you know it my axles are 6 bolt. I know I can run J30 axles, but is it possible just to swap the axle shafts from my open diff and reinstall onto the new LSD pumpkin?
SofaKingFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #2967
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dose anyone know where i can buy a flange that goes to the stock s14 ka24de exaust manifold? Im making a new exaust for my car and dont want to have to cut the stock downpipe/resonator thing to get the flange. Im guessing this is a flange that isnt really sold, but im not sure? I'll probably have to just buy a extra one to cut up.
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #2968
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdterrible1 View Post
Dose anyone know where i can buy a flange that goes to the stock s14 ka24de exaust manifold? Im making a new exaust for my car and dont want to have to cut the stock downpipe/resonator thing to get the flange. Im guessing this is a flange that isnt really sold, but im not sure? I'll probably have to just buy a extra one to cut up.
megan racing sells em.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #2969
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstatus View Post
how much would it cost me to replace syncros for a s14 tranny. cheaper to replace tranny from s13/14?
pick up a new tranny. swap one it. i've gone through 3 tranny's...all are usually about 100- 300 for a tranny. getting it rebuilt would be great, but expect more than 5bills depending on where you take it.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #2970
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFast View Post
I just bought a Kaaz 2 way already installed in a pumpkin (5 bolt axle shafts), but wouldn't you know it my axles are 6 bolt. I know I can run J30 axles, but is it possible just to swap the axle shafts from my open diff and reinstall onto the new LSD pumpkin?
the output shafts that are in the 2-way should be equal length, whereas the stock shafts are usually different lengths than each other. i have yet to see a set of stock output shafts that worked with an aftermarket diff. you are gonna have to find someone selling aftermarket 6 bolt output shafts or swap your axles to 5 bolt. the axle swap would probably be the easiest to come up on.