Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #721
MrMcgarrett
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (313)
MrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 313 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrMcgarrett
Seems the new Romero movie is named "Survival of the Dead".

UHM - Upcoming Horror Movies | Movie | Survival of the Dead
MrMcgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #722
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Holy shit! That idea is epic! I never even thought of that. If one of the movie networks did that I would definitely spring for their services.
Someone needs to pitch that to HBO, it would be damn near the raddest thing that could come to TV (if done well)
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #723
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I can't believe no one posted this on here or that I completely missed it.

It's a new series on Discovery!

Colony : Discovery Channel

What would you do in the wake of a global catastrophe? How would you find food? Water? Shelter?

The Colony is a controlled experiment to see exactly what it would take to survive and rebuild under these circumstances. For 10 weeks, a group of 10 volunteers, whose backgrounds and expertise represent a cross-section of modern society, are isolated in an urban environment outside Los Angeles and tasked with creating a livable society.

With no electricity from the grid, no running water and no communication with the outside world, all the volunteers have to work with are their skills and whatever tools and supplies they can scavenge from their surroundings.

Experts from the fields of homeland security, engineering and psychology have helped design the world of The Colony to reflect elements from both real-life disasters and models of what the future could look like after a global viral outbreak.

Over the course of the 10-week experiment, the Colonists must work together to build the necessities of survival, such as a water-filtration system, a battery bank that powered their electricity, a solar cooker, a shower system and a greenhouse – and even some niceties (a coffee maker!).

Tune in Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 10 p.m. ET/PT to see who thrives and who fails to survive
Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #724
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
I cant wait for that Mel, it looks dope!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #725
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Ive been in and out of this thread for the last year.

Dont recall anyone stating . . . . but has anyone read this one?

Just picked it up yesterday.

If its any good, im also gonna get

I like the short story idea from the various writters. If one gets boring or retarded, skip to the next short.

Like to hear from any of you that have read em.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #726
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
the motherfuckers at Valve are doin big things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfsMJgypdw
Old 07-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #727
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehsilvia View Post

I like the short story idea from the various writters. If one gets boring or retarded, skip to the next short.

OH SHIT! Stephen KING! I might have to check these out.

I haven't read any of those. I read a couple other zombie books last year and loved'em though.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #728
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
OH SHIT! Stephen KING! I might have to check these out.

I haven't read any of those. I read a couple other zombie books last year and loved'em though.
Thats was my first thought. Ive wanted to see Stephen King's take on Zombie culture.

Pretty good review found here.

The Living Dead by John Joseph Adams - Official sffworld.com review

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the author
From White Zombie to Dawn of the Dead, from Resident Evil to World War Z, zombies have invaded popular culture, becoming the monsters that best express the fears and anxieties of the modern west. The ultimate consumers, zombies rise from the dead and feed upon the living, their teeming masses ever hungry, ever seeking to devour or convert, like mindless, faceless eating machines. Zombies have been depicted as mind-controlled minions, the shambling infected, the disintegrating dead, the ultimate lumpenproletariat, but in all cases, they reflect us, mere mortals afraid of death in a society on the verge of collapse.

Gathering together the best zombie literature of the last three decades from many of today’s most renowned authors of fantasy, speculative fiction, and horror, including Stephen King, Harlan Ellison®, Robert Silverberg, George R. R. Martin, Clive Barker, Poppy Z. Brite, Neil Gaiman, Joe Hill, Laurell K. Hamilton, and Joe R. Lansdale, The Living Dead, covers the broad spectrum of zombie fiction, ranging from Romero-style zombies to reanimated corpses to voodoo zombies and beyond.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #729
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

The living dead is a terrible book.

Maybe 5 good stories out of the whole book.

They are so far off from the romero, wwz, RE, type zombies.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #730
T_wei
Zilvia Junkie

T_wei is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL i just watch Shaun of the Dead again last night great movie.
T_wei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #731
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_wei View Post
LOL i just watch Shaun of the Dead again last night great movie.
that movie was so funny, but yet you felt the zombie struggle. Too bad hot fuzz couldnt have been as good.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #732
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
that movie was so funny, but yet you felt the zombie struggle. Too bad hot fuzz couldnt have been as good.
u didn't like hot fuzz? i thought it was awesome, funny as shit, true Shaun of the Dead was better but it was still a great movie in my opinion
Old 08-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #733
ACmil

Trader Rating: (0)
ACmil is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Well this thread is not for you...thanks for sharing.

nice
ACmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #734
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcgarrett View Post
I guess anyone can use "of the dead" in their titles now.

Trailer: BD Horror News - 'Zone of the Dead' Teaser Trailer
I completely missed this post.

Yeah anyone can use "of the Dead" because the original theatrical distributor, the Walter Reade Organization, neglected to place a copyright indication on the prints.

That's also why you see Night of the Living Dead being sold by any ol company that wants to distribute it.

The trailer for Zone of the Dead looks pretty freakin cool actually. Something to look forward to in Feb.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #735
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Anyone else notice the black dude on the Zone of the Dead trailer? he's the same dude that was on the religious show on Dawn of the Dead who said "when there is no more room left in hell, the dead, will walk the earth"
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #736
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
Anyone else notice the black dude on the Zone of the Dead trailer? he's the same dude that was on the religious show on Dawn of the Dead who said "when there is no more room left in hell, the dead, will walk the earth"
That 'black dude' is the infamous Ken Foree.
He was actually one of the lead roles in the orginal 1970's 'Dawn of the Dead'.
He played a cameo in Zack Snyder's remake of 'Dawn of the Dead' (2004?).
Plus he played a lot of miscellaneous roles in other horror flicks, inlcluding 'The Devils' Rejects', 'Halloween' remake, etc.

Ken Foree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go check out the original 'Dawn of the Dead', if you haven't done so already.
If you can look past over some of the 70's special effects (or relish it, depending on your perspective), you're in for a treat.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #737
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
This made me laugh. When you said Dawn I thought you were referring tot he original and I was like what? Then I realized you were talking about the remake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
That 'black dude' is the infamous Ken Foree.
He was actually one of the lead roles in the orginal 1970's 'Dawn of the Dead'.
He played a cameo in Zack Snyder's remake of 'Dawn of the Dead' (2004?).
Plus he played a lot of miscellaneous roles in other horror flicks, inlcluding 'The Devils' Rejects', 'Halloween' remake, etc.

Ken Foree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go check out the original 'Dawn of the Dead', if you haven't done so already.
If you can look past over some of the 70's special effects (or relish it, depending on your perspective), you're in for a treat.
Yeah this.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #738
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

FUCKIN EPIC AWESOMENESS UPDATE!

We were JUST saying how awesome this would be!

IGN: Terminator Producer Brings Walking Dead to TV

Terminator Producer Brings Walking Dead to TV
Shawshank writer/director guiding comic book adaptation.
by Eric Goldman

August 12, 2009 - Two notable moviemakers are teaming with AMC for a TV adaptation of the comic book The Walking Dead. Variety reports that the project includes Gale Anne Hurd (producer of The Terminator, Aliens, The Incredible Hulk) among its executive producers, while Frank Darabont is going to write and direct the pilot.

Darabont is best known for the Stephen King adaptations he wrote and directed - The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist. His early career also included screenplay work on horror films like A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors and The Blob remake. Darabont first worked on developing The Walking Dead a few years ago as an NBC project that never got produced.

The Walking Dead comic book
AMC have already made a big impact in scripted television with their acclaimed shows Mad Men and Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead solidifies they have become a premiere destination for top-tier talent. Variety says it will be "one of the richest development deals ever", as contracts are signed for the project. The comic book, from Robert Kirkman, is a zombie story, where a group of survivors – led by police officer Rick Grimes – search for a safe haven.

AMC's Joel Stillerman tells Variety the series will remain faithful to the comic, saying, "This is not about zombies popping out of closets. This is a story about survival, and the dynamics of what happens when a group is forced to survive under these circumstances. The world is portrayed in a smart, sophisticated way."

Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #739
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

OMFG! Please please please please say it is soooooooo!

Darabont's work has been awesome. Sounds real promissing for a dramatic erie Zombie series.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #740
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
OMFG! Please please please please say it is soooooooo!

Darabont's work has been awesome. Sounds real promissing for a dramatic erie Zombie series.
I know. This made my week.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #741
MrMcgarrett
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (313)
MrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfectionMrMcgarrett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 313 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrMcgarrett
New poster for Zombieland:

I can't wait to see it!
MrMcgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #742
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
This is kinda cool. I think I'm going to attend this and take pictures.

Zombie Crawl - Downtown San Jose, San Jose | Events | Yelp
Old 08-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #743
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
if they make a zombie tv show.....i am so fucking game!!

also, woody harrelson is fucking awesome.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #744
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Walking Dead seems like a fun comic.
artwork does look good.
will check it out, thanks for rec

Fun isn't a word I'd use to describe it. Entertaining, thrilling, gut-wrenching, sickening, occasionally humorous, but not *fun*.

Quote:
FUCKIN EPIC AWESOMENESS UPDATE!

We were JUST saying how awesome this would be!

IGN: Terminator Producer Brings Walking Dead to TV

Terminator Producer Brings Walking Dead to TV

AMC's Joel Stillerman tells Variety the series will remain faithful to the comic

The line I've added emphasis to is most important. They'd better remain true to the story. I know that it wasn't done with Dexter, and Watchmen was close, but no cigar. Watchmen was very close visually, but they fucked up the plot. If they fuck this story up (main plot points anyway), I'll be miffed. This is an amazing book, and while I'd love to see a moving version of it, I'd sooner see it scrapped than see it fucked up.

Also, any of you guys see this shirt?

I guess it's a promo thing for RE:5
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #745
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcgarrett View Post
New poster for Zombieland:

I can't wait to see it!
YES! I cannot WAIT to see it.

I 'purchased' Diary of the Dead... Should I watch it? Also, how is 28 Weeks later? I wasn't really feeling 28 Days later because it got too confusing.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #746
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post

I 'purchased' Diary of the Dead... Should I watch it? Also, how is 28 Weeks later? I wasn't really feeling 28 Days later because it got too confusing.
28 Days Later didn't have any zombies. They were just angry people that went wild. I understand that having running ''zombie'' is a new thrill and what not, but come on. This should of been done a little bit more traditional.

zom⋅bie  [zom-bee] –noun
1.the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.

The people in 28 Days Later don't die in order to become '' zombies''.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #747
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Diary sucked IMO. Really bad.

I don't know how you didn't like 28 Days. Sure they are not "true" zombie's but the premise is the same. I don't know what you found confusing about the movie????
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #748
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome, so it seems im not the only guy thats read the walking dead series. Thats good to know
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM   #749
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
For good zombie reads check out Brian keenes the rising, and the sequel to the book.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #750
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

I 'purchased' Diary of the Dead... Should I watch it?
I've never heard anyone ask such a bizarre question!
If you've already purchased it, might as well just watch it.
Most ppl would probably ask if they should purchase it to begin with.

'28 Days Later' is a fairly straightforward film.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote